1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I want to say Trump won't let that happen because of reelection desires. But perhaps it will crash and then recover again partially all within the next 3 months. There is supposed to be more stimulus voted on soon. I can't see how that won't pump it more mostly likely.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

As long as they don't get greedy and get out in time, they'll make money. But if you're the last one in or still in before it collapses, you may be in some doo doo.

whag00 and Sajan like this.
  3. AB423

AB423 Member

I’ll take a look.

Any thoughts of VRM?
    They are coming out with an IPO in the morning

4. Asian Sensation

Assuming we forgot what happened the last week.... Are we buying NKLA while it’s under $100 or nah?

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The reason I dumped NKLA when it was VTIQ was I thought it went up way too fast to $30 (!) because they're not making anything and aren't expected to until next year. I got out because I didn't know what new news they'd have to keep propelling the stock. They don't even have a factory built yet to build their semi-trucks to my knowledge. The Badger pickup that apparently caused this latest run-up was actually already revealed back in February, but now they're taking pre-orders. They'll be producing that with the help of another as-of-yet unnamed auto manufacturer. I'm not sure when they'll actually go on sale, though. This year? Next year? So now we have a company that is worth more than Ford, FCA, and almost as much as GM that makes nothing as of yet. Wth. lol.

I don't know, man. This is a lot of FOMO right now, and it could either tank or keep skyrocketing for no reason. I'm too scared to touch it.

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I got in at 18 and 25. I sold 20% at 35 and another 20% at 50. :oops: Never selling again. Jump on in; the water is hot (you make very legitimate points - jump on in anyways).

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It has to pullback and definitely agree with points.

Market is already lower in PM, doesn't mean much yet but NKLA while I think will be good can't hold this up for all the points stated, then again the market is broken with some stuff we'd never expect to see for a recovery.

Also, I have seen the PR/recycling of news on other stocks and it's interesting the amount of FOMO that occurs on the small caps, especially lately.

8. mulletman

mulletman Member

I’ve been on the bad side of FOMO with AAOI a couple of years ago. It reached around $100 on a run similar to NKLA. Now it trades at $9.

Even with that experience, it’s hard to not want to get back into NKLA after yesterday. Anyone with FOMO over NKLA thought about buying warrants (NKLAW)?

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

If I am not in something once it has gone up like NKLA, I stay out. What goes up quickly also comes down quickly.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I hope you got in on some calls for this. The time I'm not in AMD and it finally moves some.

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

AMZN and AAPL hit all time highs.
    MSFT and FB soon to follow...

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  12. adoo

adoo Member

not sure about FB, but MSFT is compelling
    https://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui
    [​IMG]
    like the 2 previous trading days, MSFT open down today, corrected course, heading to another up day,
    appears to be the 3rd consecutive day of closing above the trend line drawn from the previous high, 189.65

the MACD crossover---the fast MACD black line crossing above the red slow signal line---indicates a powerful up move is coming.
    • signal line is one standard deviation of the simple moving average of the stock price over 9 periods.
    • the fast line is the first derivative of the signal line
    the last MACD crossover was in late March, when MSFT was in the low 140s; picked up some 190 CALL yesterday

#10272 adoo, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I didn't submit orders as mentioned at $190 yesterday, hopefully you make a nice amount!

14. adoo

adoo Member

at this moment, MSFT has reached a new all-time high

[​IMG]
    it has gained ~ 9 pts over the 3 trading days, on declining volume, and
    the fast MACD line just barely crossed over the slow line;

imagine what'd happen to the stock price when new buyers start to come to join the party

Kim and CCity Zero like this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

They should hopefully be joining finally, I'm looking at some calls further out.

16. adoo

adoo Member

~ 4 wks ago, i sold this bullish put spread, collecting $2.6 premium in advance, defining my max risk to be 2.4

bto Jul 190 PUT
    sto Jul 195 PUT
    should MSFT close above 195, by Jul expiration, i get to keep the $2.6

on the flip side,
    should it close below 190, the max amt i have to pay out is $5.0​

#10276 adoo, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  17. Asian Sensation

Right around $75 right now. Scoot over... I’m coming in.

Kim likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hell, man, you should've bought this morning when it was in the 50's. :D The day range on that stock was insane... opened at $93, dropped to $57, and now at $75'ish. Now, that's volatility!

Asian Sensation likes this.
  19. Asian Sensation

I woke up at 6 am saw it around $73 was planning on starting my day instead I took a leak and went back to bed. Oops :eek:

20. adoo

adoo Member

"dash for trash" meets reality

[​IMG]
    chesapeake energy lost 46, 66%, today

Sajan, CCity Zero and dmoneybangbang like this.