1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 3/29/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I never like the Rox losing but I wouldn't be crushed in they lost this one. SA is creeping up on Minny and I'd much rather meet Minny than SA in the first round. With a 4 game lead on the 8th, we're pretty secure in our spot...but the Pups aren't secure at #2.

3. liujun0768

liujun0768 Member

tough win! 85-83 rockets!

4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Audio Link

You need to register to listen online. This link worked during the last Temberwolves game, but since I have had some links stop working recently can you please post and let me know if this one is still working. - Thanks

Sports Radio KFAN 1130 am

*****Because of NBA restrictions you may need to log on at least 30 minutes before the game.*****

Hope it helps.

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

A close one that could go either way. I'll say the Wolves win on a late 3 by Sam.

6. summitlei

summitlei Member

A close win ,Maybe two or three OTs .

150:149

Mobley Hit a huge Three from backcourt in 0.1 sec.

7. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Minnesota will be tough with Garnett, Cassell, and Sprewell.

Plus Cato is out so Weatherspoon will have to play his best to stop Garnett . He'll have to try different ways of stopping him - fronting him, playing him physical. I think Weatherspoon should start over Maurice Taylor. I think the Rockets could use Oakley tonight and his six fouls.

If the Rockets can some somehow eke out a victory against Garnett and the rest of the Timberwolves, I think this will be a milestone game. Though even a win won't outright clinch a playoff spot, you know beating Minnesota late in the season should be a great sign that the Rockets are ready for the playoffs.

Go Rockets!

8. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

it's so good to know we gone to win this game :) :cool:

LeT's GO RoCkEtS!

9. xicloud

xicloud Contributing Member

If we win this game, we will pass the first round. But how can we pass the first round? So we lose. 97:90 Puppies.

10. oliver_67

oliver_67 Member

This is the game that I'd like to see us lose. So if they win, great. If they lose, I don't give a da*m.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Spoon is going to look like a midget guarding Garnett, Mini-Spoon. The law of averages says we are going to lose this one, OT, jet-lag, and all, BUT, I am picking the Rockets in a shocker. My head still says we will lose, but, got to go with my heart.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not a good feeling about this one. Probably a little emotionally and physically spent from yesterday. Good thing was that it was a day game so they had plenty of time for the short trip to Minny and to get a good night's sleep. Whether the players actually did that or not is another story.

Should still be a close game as the Rox always seem to play well in the 2nd of a back-to-back.

T-Wolves...89
    Rockets...81

13. junkmonkey

junkmonkey Member

We probably can win this one, but I prefer to lose. So we can make sure TWolves is going to stay #2.

14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i can't believe some of you people. how can you want the rockets to lose? we are not winning the title this year. this year is about learning how to win and getting into the playoffs to gain experience. we need to win every game we can, it doesn't matter who we play in the first round.

15. kaivin20

kaivin20 Member

I hope we could beat them tonight. But I have a bad feeling that this game maybe turn out to be an ugly loss even worse than the memphis'.

however i still give a will here for win
    Rox: 86
    Wolves:80

16. NBAsticker

NBAsticker Member

If ROX want to pick up their favorable opponent in the playoff, they had better lose this game.

17. Sane

Sane Member

Can they contain Yao?

It may not matter if Yao is too tired to play.

I'm hoping Steve keeps it up and Sam's shot doesn't fall.

Hmmmmmm, my brain says they'll lose but my heart says they'll win...

Rockets 95
    Minny 93

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A tired rockets team after an OT game, 2nd half of back to back, 3rd game in 4 days, on the road against a good team; all signs point to a loss.

If they win, this is officially the strangest team ever.

19. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

Remember, if we win, we could find ourselves 1/2 game out of 6th tomorrow morning, if we end up 6th we're probably facing the lakers or the kings in round 1 instead of the wolves, as the only way the wolves are 3rd seed is if they are in 2nd place in the midwest, with a record better than the 2nd place team in the west, and I don't see that happening.

20. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I don't think we have a chance at 6th seed any more. However, if we beat Minny, then they would be only .5 game ahead of Spurs. Then I would expect Spurs to take the division title at end.

Anyway, maybe losing to Minny is the surest way to make a Twolves-Rox match up more possible.