1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Full video of police harassing the famed rapper in the park.

I can't help but notice that the cop sounds like a rookie and he's honestly just trying to get into that car even when he has no real reason. Very dirty move. Also the failed taze. The cops are running a **** show and I side with the rapper when it comes to his car because it's his property and I support his fourth amendment rights as well. The police had no business messing with him beyond trying to talk to him.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Good ole LilTex defending his red neck peeps. Totally shocked

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

How many times has this jogger been arrested?

He was a good boy.
    He was going to church.
    He was getting his life back on track.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's amazing how people justify it's okay to chase down someone with firearms because that person walked in and out of a construction site like multiple groups of people that day without taking anything just because the dude isn't an upstanding citizen.

That level of fascism is truly disturbing.

You do know the world in Minority Report was a dystopian warning and not a utopia right?

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

It looks quite clear that Arbery has a history of run-ins with the law. For me to give someone the benefit of the doubt, they need to be squeaky clean in the area that we are discussing. In this instance, there's a lot of smoke. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Dude was not stopping for a water break on his jog. He was up to no good at that construction site. Pretty naive to think otherwise.

Regardless, the tragedy occurred because he tried to wrestle a gun away from a grown man.

6. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Is gun play necessary for $600 worth of copper? And was anyone's life in danger?

7. fchowd0311

Who was chasing him down with a vehicle and firearms at the ready.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

So I'm assuming you are in support of a pre-crime bill of we get the tech?

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The McMichaels were trying to peacefully detain him. Guns are a deterrent in 99.9% of cases... except when the assailant tries to wrestle the gun away.

If they were going to shoot Arbery, why didn't they do it long before Arbery attacked them? The guns were there to AVOID conflict.

10. Nook

Nook Member

All are assumptions and irrelevant based on the law in the state of Georgia.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Well 3/4 of clutchfans would still smash that and not feel too guilty about it. Hell @Ziggy may even post pictures on his Aggies message board.

12. fchowd0311

There is no such thing as a "peaceful" detainment when you are a civilian wearing civilian clothes chasing down someone with a gun at the ready.

The reasons that uniforms are important is it gives a initial indicator of intent. When someone in civilian clothes runs up to me in a truck with firearms at the ready I have no clue if I'm about to lynched or if they have a valid reason to "detain me". When a law enforcement officer approaches you with a firearm you can make a basic assumption that they aren't there to rob you or lynch you.

It's also why I condemn no knock raids by law enforcement especially no knock raids in civilian attire. The residents in the house have no clue if they are about to be burglarized, raped or be arrested.

#1212 fchowd0311, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Yung-T, bcast89 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Please don't start with him again.

You know he is not discussing things in good faith, why engage him?

fchowd0311 and AleksandarN like this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

The more I see videos of Ahmaud's police encounters from 3-5 years ago the more I'm convinced that there is no evidence that he committed a crime the day he was murdered.

16. CallMeTheDream

Your boy Greg is far from squeaky clean. And it explains why they didn’t want his dumbass carrying a firearm to begin with

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

This is what he said in the 911 call
    Can’t have those Joggers running into the neighborhood. Can’t have it.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This news of the shooters spotting him before makes it look and sound premeditated no? It goes beyond calling the police "that last time". If they were afraid for their lives everytime, they'd call 911 everytime.

To be born in that kind of area... Sigh

Yung-T likes this.
  19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The remixed takes from the "Actually, he deserved to die" crowd just don't hit the same way they did in 2012. While provocative in their day, the impact rings hollow now that the producers have shown no evolution in their craft. We, as consumers and posters, expect trolling to evolve with the times. As is the case with many artists, doubling down on a once-successful technique in light of changing circumstances smacks of creative desperation.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How did they know that Arbery didn't have the owner's or contractor's permission to be in the house thst early afternoon? Clearly in retrospect he didn't, but they did not know that at the time.