1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I can’t find one story via google that suggests this has anything to do with Arbery. Can you?

amaru likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What else do you find interesting? Balloons, crayons, See 'N Say toys?

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I have a 2 year old daughter so I can't say these items do not get some attention. I would like to apologize for re-posting the tweet and offending people. I had a lapse in message board logic.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Brother Astrodome X when does your SoundCloud mixtape drop?

AleksandarN, RayRay10 and MadMax like this.
  7. bobrek

The article is saying “some on social media are suggesting”. No facts. The article mentions nothing of anyone other than some tweets. I could tweet out that the killings were in retaliation for the Astros cheating scandal and the article could say that “some on social media are suggesting that this is due to the Astros’ cheating...”

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Very true Bobrek

9. bobrek

I should tweet that out and see if any of my 9 followers will retweet it. :)

10. amaru

amaru Member

Why would you take anything seriously that’s posted on account with less than 5k followers (half are probably fake)? Just look at the grammatical errors in the post. I bet his analysis is weak and the link poorly established (I’m posting this before watching).

Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

I was wrong, the link to Arbery isn’t weak it’s nonexistent. You wouldn’t even associate the two cases if it weren’t for “Brother Tyrone X” (sounds like a Malcolm X wannabe) posting it in the title with zero evidence to back the assertion up. The only thing that I can see that links these two cases is that both cases involve black people. I want my 37 seconds back.

mdrowe00, AleksandarN, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

McMichaels supporters are grasping at straws, outright lying, and trying anything to deflect from the murder

we got them in this thread posting letters from 1 of the DAs that had to recuse himself, saying that Arbery lived 12 miles away, claiming that 25 year olds don’t go out jogging, calling that video of Arbery doing nothing but walking around that home under a construction a SMOKING GUN, and other stupidity

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

14. CallMeTheDream

We know how to mind our business lol. Thugs like the McMichaels should probably learn to do the same and keep themselves out of jail.

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

The guy they shot wasn't a saint but he didn't deserved to be murdered.

ROXTXIA and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Senator

Senator Member

... then again, they aren't part of the 13% who committ 60% of violent crime that have their own wrong justifications for doing that.

Only when that number goes down significantly will suburban vigilantes start to relax.

Otherwise it's gonna be more finger pointing from both sides with no progress.

18. CallMeTheDream

Not sure what this even means. He could’ve been a saint, idk I didn’t know him. Regardless if he was or not, the outcome doesn’t change. The McMichaels minding their business does though.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I didn't tell them to relax. I just said don't go out chasing and blocking with guns loaded people who hadn't done any crime in their immediate presence

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This argument that crime is so bad that it justifies suburban vigilantes I will point out that crime has been on a decades long decline. If anything things are getting safer in the US regarding crime.

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.