1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Settling down

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thegary, May 4, 2020.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Well, we think this about sums it up. Happy retirement.... in a place Drake never shouted out in a song.

2. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Dalmatian coast is awesome. Havr, split, Dubrovnik and all the towns between them are great.

3. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

As a person born and raised in Dalmatia, it's not worth living there for more than 6 months a year. As soon as you're out of the tourist season, which usually runs from April to October, everything just dies. No means of production, no entertainment, it's all windy and rainy, not to mention the sheer bureaucracy and corruption present in all facets of society. The capital Zagreb is the only sustainable city in Croatia, a wonderful place to live in during autumn and winter.
    Also, be careful during the peak summer months, it can get to 100° F and stay like that for weeks, which is nauseating combined with huge tourist crowds. I prefer visiting the not so popular islands (Brač and Hvar are party havens) during those times, Vis is my particular favorite.

Btw, the tracksuit memes would make sense if Dalmatia was remotely close to Russia. Dalmatia is a Mediterranean region, resembling Italy by culture, food and climate, and was under their governance for a while. We do have a much better coastline though.

IBTL likes this.
  4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’d personally err on the side of being close to family.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

NYC meh ,
    Austin a bit overrated
    San Diego/SF/Vancouver :you over pay for little
    Arizona/Victoria island would be my choice due to convenience/affordability/quality's triangle

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd also take into consideration what the availability and quality of healthcare is nearby.