1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Is there a pro-gun discussion in this case? If Aubrey had a gun, would he be alive? Would he have a better case for self-defense than the current defendants had he killed them? Are these questions pro-gun people would rather not ask considering the races of the involved?

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Black guy running with a gun in Georgia? They'd be throwing a parade for the white guys that killed him.

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

That sir is BS and you and TJ know it .

5. Buck Turgidson

This is just bad, bad, bad. There is no way that anyone can try and spin this. If they do try, just ignore them.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

To me, it's unbelievable that one unarmed male of sound mind would willingly go and antagonize two armed males.

Don't care if you're the dude who just broke the world record for the deadlift, running at two pre-teens with guns. No one in their right mind would put themselves in a situation like that.

Like other posters have said, I don't think there's any conceivable way to spin this so that there's less than 100% that the McMichaels are guilty.

snowconeman22 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

black people have been getting assaulted and killed or falsely accused and wrongly convicted by white people since they were brought to America as slaves.

This scenario has probably happened countless of times in the past, and the white man walked free because there was no video and the entire system is racist.

Fulgore likes this.
  8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

They look like inbreds. Scum.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Is anybody else's screen fogging up from the picture of the mouth-breather?

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Faces made for radio

jiggyfly, KingCheetah and RayRay10 like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Next week on Tiger King...

Nook, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

These stories are always presented with one side... but the guy apparently looked like a robber in the area and he didn't look like he was wearing athletic gear. And he was attacking the men. That makes it self defense more than likely. Ya'll over hyping this for racial reasons are a sad lot. You act like you were there and know exactly what went down.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

You bring up a good point. When ever I’m chased down by men in a truck with shotguns, I always play it perfectly cool.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

How did he "look like a robber"... and how is wearing a t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes not wearing athletic gear... please explain in a non-racial way.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

2nd degree murder seems appropriate. Murder without pre-meditation that is caused by reckless conduct or disregard for human life.

These guys chased down an innocent, inconspicuous man and confronted him with guns drawn. That is very reckless behavior.

You'll never be able to prove they planned to kill him (first degree), but you can obviously draw a line from their actions to the resulting outcome.

Of course, this trial is taking place in Georgia so they probably ought to go with some lesser charge like driving without a seatbelt.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This has no affect on whether or not it was right of the men to chase this guy down in a truck with guns drawn.

A guy(s) pulls up next to you in a truck, jumps out and point guns at you, you attempt to grab the gun away, and you are the attacker?

The combination of the facts on the ground and the video evidence give us enough context to know that this was, at minimum, super reckless behavior on the part of the attackers. There isn't much of a possibility that any new evidence could surface that will alter that conclusion. All of this desperate shoveling of horse-dung excuses like "he looked like a robber!", "he wasn't wearing athletic wear!", "he trespassed onto a construction site!", "he was too far from home!", are all just weak sauce attempts to justify extremely stupid and ultimately deadly behavior on the part of the accused. The rampant tribalism that erupts in these cases is always sad, just because people on the left are trying to paint this as a hate crime doesn't mean you have to be equally silly.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

[​IMG]

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

For awhile, my wife would drive to the Museum District to exercise also because our own neighborhood wasn't great for it -- traffic, and little shade. Also a minority, but she'd go with a white woman for protection.

As for his other suspicious activity, that's something I like to do - check out construction sites. My father was a tradesman and I sometimes worked for him during summer. And once he and I (and crew) built a house, which I lived in for about a decade. So I like checking out what people are building. Haven't been shot for it yet. This one is an eerie parallel (among others) to the Trayvon Martin case -- he too was allegedly scoping out people's houses in a manner some busybody said was suspicious.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I assume there weren’t a lot of black men out for a run in the 1950s. This feels like it is straight out of that time. These white idiots might as well be Klan members.

AroundTheWorld and vlaurelio like this.