1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thom Thibodeaux?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 4, 2020.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

JVG 2.0

3. jjc1

jjc1 Member

With all the uncertainty due to the pandemic I doubt Tillman will commit significant money for a big name coach. Most likely will hire an assistant coach who is willing to take less money.

xiki likes this.
  4. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

How is this dude even still wanted by anybody?? He's straight garbage

xiki likes this.
  5. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

This is what I’m thinking. Thibs would be a great assistant coach. He won’t accept an assistant coaching position but he’s proven that he can’t be a head coach in today’s NBA.

The Knicks are complete garbage and they are run by a terrible owner. I can’t see any established coach going there let alone a team USA coach.

Maybe if the Knicks gave Thibs the same amount of control as he had in Minny then he would go there. But we have all seen how that story goes.

I would be shocked if Houston or BKN were interested. Thibs would immediately butt heads with the stars on those teams. KD, Kyrie and Harden would all demand trades by mid season. Westbrook might wait until the offseason before he demanded a trade.

I think that MDA will be back next season but who knows. If MDA is gone next season then my money is on Kenny Atkinson. He uses deeper rotations and pays more attention to defense. He is also a players coach so he should get along with Harden and Westbrook.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Being in the same sentence as the NY Knicks and Brooklyn Nets. Competing with them, no less. Thats how far the tillman has brought this franchise down.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

twisting everything to bash Tilman is going to far.

If you're looking for a coach, and you're not thinking about competing with the team who has Durant and Irving, then you're settling for seconds. (This statement isn't about the Thibadeau rumor -- just competing in general.)

As for the Knicks, I'd consider Fizdale after Dolan was stupid enough to fire him, while tanking on purpose. Fizdale was pretty much ordered to tank for Zion, then they don't get him, nor Durant/Irving, so off-with-his-head. so stupid.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

I predict that nba will have 10 coaching vacancies offseason. Some bad coaches will show up in playoffs.

I predict Thib and MDA have no job. They are not able to coach bad teams. They can coach the nba best team or second best team with mvps.

#49 BigBum, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  10. donkeypunch

I think its just. Nets still havent proved anything yet and they have a superstar coming off an achilles injury. So Im not on board the train that thinks theyre just gonna shoot up the ranks, in the East maybe, but I dont think thats settling for seconds in the least. Never mind the fact that KD didnt like how Russ played next to him, now hes got the same type of scorer in Kyrie. Im skeptical.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm talking about competing for a coach. If you're going to ignore the team who has Durant/Irving and not care about what coaches they can attract, then you're a stupid owner.

It's really not necessary (and tiresome) to twist this into saying Tilman is a bad owner for being concerned with who the Nets might steal away as a coach. Any good owner would see the threat, and prepare themselves for attracting his target coaches away from Durant and Irving ... and not be surprised or caught off guard.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

3 outcomes I see having this dude as our HC. could be more

1) Harden's defensive skills dramatically increase and he still get sht on by the nba community as a bad defender
    2) he runs Harden/Westbrook into the ground -> shortening their overall career span
    3) He gets fired b/c him and harden or wb don't like him

Honestly i don't think this man is that good, and his way of coaching doesn't seem to fit Harden.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. BigBum

BigBum Member

If I were MDA, I would take Nets job if he is offered. They offer 4 years.

MDA has not fixed the following issues for Rockets.
    4th quarter offense.
    Switch defense
    Rebound issues

he won’t meet expectation here.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

After burning so many bridges, I am amazed there are still bridges for Thib to cross.

xiki likes this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Bad Idea. Polar opposites the only thing Thibodeaux and Dantoni have in common is that they both run their players into the ground. Harden & Westbrook would despise him as an HC.

saleem likes this.
  16. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

We need to bring back John Brewer Bickerstaff :eek::eek::D

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

The **** wrong with you? Not pure. :D

#57 J.R., May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    Air Yordan, D-rock and xiki like this.
  18. donkeypunch

A stupid owner would be mortgaging all future draft picks to go all in with his current coach and current constructed roster, to play a style of ball not all coaches can adapt to when given the opportunity. Only to give up on said project, to compete, to hire a coach with a philosophy that is the total opposite of how he built the team in the first place.

I said my op in jest, cause as franchises as a whole, we shouldnt be mentioned with the likes of the NEts and Knicks. We are above them. Or are we...? The way things are going with current owner, its gonna get real bad, real fast.

darksoul35 and xiki like this.
  19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I would wager cash $ this has been planted by TT’s agent.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No problem. They’d both be elsewhere.