1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

2. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So my Texan wishlist for this season really includes a few things.

1. No more BOB. I know it won't happen...but my hope is that this loss pissed off Cal as much as it should and he just makes the move.
    2. Since the BOB firing won't happen. Hire an actual OC. I don't care who it is, it could be Andre f'n Johnson for all I care, but there is a reason every NFL team has an OC and DC, it's called delegation. It allows this guy to worry about the offense while BOB handles other tasks...he should try it some time. Hopefully, this season has humbled him.
    3. A new DC...RAC just ain't it.
    4. An actual GM...because the Texans with a competent GM could have probably found a way to keep Clowney and add Tunsil, sure, it wouldn't have held past this year but in the NFL you load up on talent any year you can. Eventually all these KC guys will get paid, just how the NFL works with its cap.
    5. Better Oline...it is time for the oline to actually play like an AVERAGE oline.
    6. Better returner....this should be obvious.
    7. Actual CBs that aren't getting beat left and right.

All in all, this team has a ton of work to do. A lot of holes to fill with not many draft picks to fill them.Our only really young star is at QB. It would be nice if we could get a star HB or TE somewhere to help Watson.

The only good thing going for the Texans is they have a lot of cap space, 12th most, so if they get a GOOD GM he can maybe start to turn this thing around....

But this is the Texans, BOB may convince Cal that he can be coach/gm and may convince to get Cal to sell the team to him too.

EDIT: I will add this team's drafting record has been really bad. We just have too many holes, keep whiffing on Olinemen and Corners every year now. Only really note worthy young players we have outside of Watson are Will fuller and Reid? The former plays half a season if that. We'll see how Howard and Scharping turn out I guess, if they don't work out this team will be in trouble and hopefully Lonnie Johnson gets better. Right now it ain't looking good.

#3623 JayGoogle, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  4. Buck Turgidson

Owner who hires the
    President/GM who hires the
    Head Coach who hires the
    OC/DC who hire the
    Position coaches who
    then you worry about the players

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, unfortunately, I don't know if the Owner cares about doing anything. He seems very content with whats going on.

Our only hope is that he hires some GM/President that knows what they are doing and that this guy could start to make the big decisions.

6. ballgame

ballgame Member

Taco Charlton???? Would love to get him and Eric Reid signed before camp. Texans were interested in him last yr. He's 25yrs old, healthy and I think his best ball is ahead of him. He had 5 sacks last yr, compared to Clowney's 3. I would offer a 2yr / $8M incentive based deal. With JJ being on the downside of his career, we need DEs

Same with Eric Reid! He would solidify the Texans Defensive backfield.

red5rocket and Rudyc281 like this.