1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

delete - quoted wrong post - sorry

#2341 Rashmon, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  2. noppeper

noppeper Member

Wow, just watched that timeline presentation from yesterday's briefing, and I could swear it was replicating the Boats and Ho's scene in Step Brothers. He even smugly looked at the crowd of reporters a couple of times as the video was rolling. If only all that was crashing in the end was a boat...

You know, right now, my money is on Trump getting a second term - I would even say it's a foregone conclusion, especially considering how weak of a candidate Biden is. With that said, I'm not sure how anybody could, in good conscious, think this 70 year old toddler of a president is anything but dangerous to this country. Beyond his childish and narcissistic antics, which are fully on display in this video, the amount of corruption and totalitarian tendencies being exhibited on a daily basis should make any citizen nervous. The things he is doing for that "total authority" truly do send chills down my spine.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Na.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I don't believe he will get that 2nd term.....

He has a true uphill battle....

T_Man

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

25th amendment time, past due. He has put American lives in clear jeopardy with his inability to digest information and his unhinged narcissism. And now? He’s encouraging civil war instead of leading, all for his ego and his ratings.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oops

#2347 Ottomaton, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is a complete threat to democracy and what our country stands for. He thinks he is King of the world.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I followed the link you provided and read a good deal of the rambling speech. I don't read it how you think it should be understood. Certainly not the obvious slam dunk you think it is. He comes back to coronavirus several times before ambling away again. Nobody hearing the speech delivered is doing a textual analysis of a particular sentence he said in that mess. They walk away with an overall impression. The impression he gives is (1) Democrats are scaremongering coronavirus to hurt him politically, (2) he took strong action that largely stopped coronavirus from coming to the US, and (3) coronavirus is not a big deal and people shouldn't worry.

With the benefit of hindsight (and common sense) we see that coronavirus is in fact a big deal. We also see his efforts to stop coronavirus from coming to the US were completely ineffectual. Democratic operators were still probably happy to hurt him politically with their criticisms (by contrast, I don't think democratic citizens were really aiming for political points with more important things afoot), but with hindsight we can see that most of the early criticism was nevertheless on point. Overall, I think criticizing him now for minimizing coronavirus then is still very fair, whatever the meaning of the word hoax is.

She's young enough that she can still retrain, switch careers and be okay.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL and Trump is doin real great for the future of 2 year olds?

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

12. noppeper

noppeper Member

I hope you are right, but Trump is a masterful salesman, and he is getting free airtime to pander to his voting demographic. Just look at the reactions of his acolytes to understand what Trump is doing, and this is a significant portion of our american brothers and sisters. They don't really care about the substance of the message, they care that he is ostensibly anti establishment, pro america, tells it like it is, is doing a "great" job with the virus, etc.

Most of what Trump is doing at this point is campaigning for re-election and setting up the environment to give him an advantage, while Biden sits, almost silently, waiting for his chance in the sun. In addition, the possible opposition is heavily fragmented, with a significant portion apathetic about either candidate (once Sanders dropped), and will probably just skip this election instead of go through the trouble.

Again, I hope you are right, but unfortunately, my money is on Trump at the moment.

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

Yes he does and that's all these foolish people following him believe everything this clown is saying He is not nor will he ever be a king.If those in DC won't put him in check it's up the American people to get him out he is and has been the WORST POTUS ever.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't bet on Trump but I do think he has a good chance to win. He will lose the popular vote for sure and probably by more than he did last time but in the electoral college it will be close.

This election should not be taken for granted.

edwardc, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz ... he’s saying he’s Captain Bligh? All I have to say is

... same as this tweet

16. NewRoxFan

My gosh, didn't he have to have meetings with people while in business?

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Brookings Institute Senior Fellow...

18. NewRoxFan

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am going to die

Nook, London'sBurning and RayRay10 like this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

"Justice and decency are carried in the heart of the captain, or they be not aboard."