1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

What? Didn't like The Happening? Zooey? Wahlberg?

3. NewRoxFan

Stumbled across Miracle in Cell No. 7 (Netflix). 8 out of 10. First movie from Turkey that I have seen, this 2019 movie is based on a 2013 movie of the same title but from Korea. That movie has the same storyline but reportedly played more as a comedy. This one is more of a tearjerker. Won't go into the story beyond saying a mentally challenged father of a young girl gets arrested and put in the title's Cell No. 7.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

"I See You" (Amazon) 7.2 out of 10. With a horribly plastic surgery-ravaged Helen Hunt. Despite her being tough to look at, this is a bit hidden-gem'ish. Don't read anything about it, and stick with it at least 30 mins. Good twists.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Gawtdamb Parasite was really good IMO.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople on Amazon Prime last night.
    I give it 9/10.

What a great escape from non-stop Coronavirus news, chat, and media. Lots of laughs, beautiful New Zealand scenery, and simply a great heartwarming and uplifting movie.

Ottomaton likes this.
  7. dchoye

dchoye Member

Tiger King. Must see
    Inception. Still good special effects for 10 year old movie
    Curious case of Benjamin Button. Slow moving movie. Have to be in the mood Watch the behind the scenes of how making Brad Pitt look older
    The Pharmacist interesting look at this mans investigation into drug industry after son dies of overdose.
    Jojo Rabbit. Quirky funny. I generally like comedies. This one was more satire could be darker than I’m used too but still enjoyed it
    Ford vs Ferrari Was in the mood for action but there is also good story behind the car racing
    The Irishman It is nothing special that I haven’t seen from other Scorsese movies.
    The Post. Older movie that I have not a chance to watch. Like Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks watched it for the acting
    That’s a lot of movies that I watched. I missed sports watching but it good to catch up on current and older movies I wished I watched.

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

Underwater 4 out of 10. Good premise (Alien under the deep blue sea) with a decent cast.I usually don't include discussion of the moviesince I don't want to be a "spoiler" but this time I feel obligated to spare you from wasting time watching this one (you'll thank me). Best part... Kristin Stewart wearing tiny underwear. And even though she looks like she keeps herself in shape, if that is the best part of the movie, the movie isn't very good. A few good scenes of cinematography and camera work, ruined by way too many scenes you had trouble figuring out what was going on and even more scenes you had trouble understanding what the poor audio was blurbling out. And while the monster scenes at the beginning were OK (again, heavy on the Alien inspiration). But later monster scenes were almost silly and of course, they had to resort to the stupid "mother monster of all time" plot devices... simply ridiculous. Another really stupid part... Stewart and the other female cast member have to strip to their undies to shimmy into their diving suits, but the pudgy comedic actor (who actually does well in the same performance he does in every movie) fits in his suit without a problem. OK, I like a good undie scene as the next guy (again, one more Alien inspiration), but at least show closeups if you are going to the gratuitous nsult women scene.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Invisible Man - 8.5/10

htownrox1 likes this.
  10. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

It’s a really good movie. Have it on Blu-ray. Watched it several times.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Re-watched Grease. It's got more dirty jokes in there than I ever remember. From Gang Bangs to whacking off. Holy cow. But still a great movie. I don't know how rotten has it 70%. It's easily 88-90% for me. Just a fun movie.

12. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Moana 9/10

Jemaine Clements dead-on Bowie impression on "Shiny" makes it worth watching on it's own.

13. Nero

Nero Member

The Death of Stalin 9/10

What a fantastic movie.

If you don't know, this is a super-dark comedy about the utter clown show that was the soviet union in the 50's, and the chaos surrounding Stalin's death in '53.

Every performance is superb, Buscemi puts in what may be the finest work of his entire career.

This is on Netflix, see it if you have not yet done so!

Ottomaton, deb4rockets and NewRoxFan like this.
  14. conquistador#11

remember that thread were some weirdos suggested Grease 2 is better than the original?

Entity on Starz: 6.5/10. It was so creepy I started googling things about the actual case after the movie was done.
    Basically, this milf, played by Barbara Hershey, keeps getting metoo'd by a supernatural presence or is she making it up?
    They bring in some ghostbusters (7 years before bustin' even made anyone feel so good) to document what was happening to this lady.

15. Buck Turgidson

YES! It told yall this a year ago...glad people have found it.

Same writer/director did "In the Loop"...also fantastic.

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

6 Underground: 7/10 Typical Michael bay, tons of crap blowing up and bad acting...but it worked for some reason...

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

The Gentlemen- newest Guy Ritchie movie. I give it a strong B+. Very entertaining as usual when he directs his own stuff. May need to bust out with another viewing of Rocknrolla which was criminally underrated

mikol13, I am a Donut and donkeypunch like this.
  18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agree on a B+ for the gentleman. Very entertaining. The last Guy film I saw was King Arthur one so my expectations were low

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I thought king Arthur was entertaining. A lot better than I was expecting. I enjoyed it and thought he did well for a movie that had fictional characters with mystical powers, not his usual forte in directing jobs.

Man from UNCLE is another good one from him.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think I had the right mindset going into the King Arthur. I stumbled across it and didn’t even know it was guy Ritchie until mid way through.

Man from Uncle is one I’ve been meaning to get to