1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. body slam

body slam Member

2. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

AEW knocks it out the park again. I really like where this is going. Rumor has it some lower cards talent in WWE may be let go due to financial trouble. Bring em on over!

3. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I’m way more into AEW than NXT at this point. Omega vs Trent was amazing, dig the TNT championship & tourney, the Jericho compound video was tv gold. They do a much better job of building up their roster than Vince will ever do. Darby, Sammy, Jungle Boy, Trent, Orange Cassidy, Scorpio Sky, etc they have future stars

The Revival are coming soon. They’ll bring a nice old-school type team too mix up with the Bucks, Lucha Bros, etc.

4. Fantasma Negro

Jericho was spectacular. The rest of the show was cold oatmeal. Nxt was ass as well, how is Keith Lee getting less over with the belt wtf

Clutch City1993 and body slam like this.
  5. body slam

body slam Member

Impact with another really good show this week.

if something happen to Jericho you can pretty much stick a fork in AEW because they're done

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

Strowman + Goldberg = garbage

7. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Taker-Goldberg was ****ing awesome lol

8. what

what Member

Kevin Owen vs Rollins was the MOTN.
    Taker and Styles was good.
    Alot of good matches.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  9. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

fixed

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. Considering this no crowd deal is going on, the Taker/AJ match really stood out since a crowd was not need it. Great effects, great storyline, didn't require Taker to be in the ring so he didn't look as bad, just a fun fun match for the times.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Goldberg shouldn't be wrestling anymore. Stupid for him to beat the Fiend, but what can you expect from WWE. Anyways, even though it is about 2 years too late, I'm glad Braun finally won the belt. He really has nothing going right now so it doesn't make sense, dude jobbed to Braun Lesnar at royal rumble, but Vince will be Vince.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That was pretty good.

I wish they would have postponed it, it was a really good card matchup wise that just really missed the crowd.

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Enjoyed the first night, with it being 3 hours not counting the preshow, I can support this 2 night format

KO had a pretty sweet ass moment and the Boneyard Match was way better than I anticipated.

Looking forward to the Firefun House Match

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It really is doable.

With how large the roster is they could even throw in the NXT guys. All they really need to do is book two venues

15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I enjoyed Day 1

Taker/AJ was cool, love the production.

KO vs Rollins & the Kofi/Morrison/Uso Ladder Match were the best in ring stuff.

Becky/Shayna, Bryan/Sami, Kabuki Warriors/Alexa & Nikki were really good. Skipped over Elias/Corbin & atleast Stroman/Goldberg was over quick. Skipped ahead four minutes and he was holding the belt

Edge/Orton, Firefly Funhouse Match and Lesnar/McIntyre should be great. Excited for Rhea/Charlotte too

16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Nonsense they have a rabid fan base that knows Omega and the Bucks are the best at what they do. They have Jericho helping put these guys over as stars. The more casual fans who tune in for Mox, Jericho, Cody, Dustin, etc are being exposed to the best young stars around. Sammy G, Darby, MJF, etc

17. body slam

body slam Member

Omega is great in the ring too bad he has no personality or charisma. Don't get me started on Kick and Flip. Next thing you are gonna tell me that Stone Cold and HBK's love child is awesome.

The potential is there to do great things. The problem is no direction. The story lines are all over the place. Who isn't Cody feuding with?

18. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

After that BS match with Goldberg, Wyatt came back strong w/ his WM Cena match.

#6918 Clutch City1993, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

The Firefly Funhouse Match was like it was directed by Jordan Peele, I loved it, deinfintely marked out when he did the nWo segment, and puppet Vince saying "THIS IS GOOD ****"

I enjoyed the 2nd night, it was a solid WM as a whole for what they could work with

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Charlotte/Ripley & Funhouse match were my day 2 faves