1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You're just repeating your same old disagreement. I disagree about responsibility because just saying your optimistic is not a matter of responsibility when I have none to anyone anyway. I could say we should all take it and still I have no responsibility. You make your own decisions mate. And I'll make my own. And stupid people will be stupid so darwin laughs at the end of the day. But I haven't done anything close to suggesting anything dangerous so I think you should mind your own at this point. You're just comning off as bitter now man, cause earlier you were on this same point and I've repeatedly told you off on it. You're just mad and sulking at this point. Saying I am optimistic is not a crime or dangerous or anything so I suggest you learn to deal with it. You said your piece, I've said mine. I feel like you're actually building up a bit of a straw man actually. You want so badly to push the arguments you saw against Trump in the media, that you're playing out that fantasy here on CFs.net. I'm sorry man, but no one is doing anything dangerous or irresponsible. You're living in false reality where people don't have opinions because someone, somewhere may read that opinion and do something dangerous. Guess what? That's far-fetched. And we can't go around censoring our opinions on whether or not we like something or feel good about something because you want to say someone may read it and do something stupid. Just a bollocks argument at the end of the day. Perhaps someone would read your overly cautious posts and ignore a real doctor's advice on the medicine. Maybe you're the irresponsible one? See what I did there? Your argument is trash because it's straight up unreasonable.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not sure what’s the debate is over the last few pages. It’s emergency use under emergency circumstances. Uncertain and could backfire and kill more. The risk seems acceptable because we got no treatment against this virus. We won’t know until we know.... likely months later.

The guidance to patients and doctors on the use of the drug emphasizes our uncertainty. "Chloroquine phosphate is experimental because we do not know if it works for COVID-19," the guidance for patients notes, before going on to say that "There is limited information known about the safety and effectiveness (whether this will make you better) of using chloroquine phosphate for hospitalized patients with COVID-19." Doctors are warned that [t]he optimal dosing and duration of treatment for COVID-19 is unknown" and instructed to carefully monitor heart activity for indications of problems caused by the drugs' side effects.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are 100% right we should be careful about the risk.

Way back I said I was optimistic because these initial studies showed promise and they don't like this? I've said we should do more tests on the drugs and they are claiming I am pushing and peddling this medicine on the public and it's dangerous. Largely parroting the media claims against Trump even though I keep saying we should listen to doctors and wait for more tests. Basically it has become a contest for the last word with Biina and I am done arguing with the dude. He's shown that he has nothing new to say for two pages. I think I'll wait till more studies come out though. Biina has largely held a grudge on this and wants to paint my positive feelings about it as irresponsible and dangerous, which is largely him just grasping for straws at this point. I feel he keeps arguing past me at someone he's made up in his mind.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My brother-in-law just went to the emergency of a local hospital (St Luke's) last night complaining of stomach pains. He and his wife have been visiting for a few weeks. She was not allowed into the hospital.

I wonder how many of these "empty" hospital scenes are simply the result of people not being able to visit patients or even accompany patients when they first enter the hospital?

More backstory. My brother-in-law and his wife are staunch trump supporters. When they arrived a few weeks ago they downplayed the Coronavirus crisis (just a flu bug, media sensationalizing it, Democrats politicizing it to hurt trump). They religiously want to watch "the news" (meaning fox news) since they don't have TV in their RV. They list off complaints about the media and Democrats while repeating excuses for trump.

This has been going on for weeks while they visit our house (btw, why do trump supporters feel the need to watch fox constantly and the need to push their political views while visiting someone?). Two nights ago I had enough and asked if they truly believed trump on what they were seeing. At one point his wife said (re: tax returns) that it was Obama that didn't provide his tax returns and well, trump is great because he isn't a politician, is rich so he isn't corrupt, and well, while they wouldn't want any daughter of theirs (they have two sons) to date him, all presidents have low personal morals anyway. And anything I would ask about was something that "well, we don't know *that*".

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. We are still in the very very early stages of seeing if Chloroquine is actually efficacious. There is a very large downside to people rushing to use it to treat COVID-19 as it takes away medicine away from the treatment of Lupus that we know it works for and the dosage. Also Chloroquine does have toxic side affects and there already have been deaths reported from people trying to use it.

This isn't a case of "what do you have to lose". There is a lot to potentially lose if Chloroquine doesn't really help with COVID 19.

6. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

He knows exactly what he’s doing. He’s just stirring the ****, it’s his calling.

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You're giving the person I'm guessing too much credit. Some people drive under the speed limit for safety or financial reasons.

Others drive with the engine they have thinking they're king of the hill as long as they hog the left lane.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think everyone here agrees with that.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think that would be the definition of your posting activity. Stop projecting.

10. NewRoxFan

11. B-ball freak

The rubber and glue defense you gaslighting sonofagun. Maybe you should conduct your own self clinical trials on the drug and get back to us with your findings.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That's not even remotely my position on things. Coming into an argument and discussion and taking a **** all over that thread without reading is your MO I suppose. Got it.

13. B-ball freak

gaslighting

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Lol that's not an argument.

16. NewRoxFan

17. NewRoxFan

This visualization is staggering...

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. biina

biina Member

When you claim an unapproved drug use is now approved by the FDA, that is beyond expressing your optimism

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Florida is going to be a disaster. DeSantis was in denial and took to long to act. He's right that NY people were bringing this in but he bears responsibility for keeping the party going for Spring Break and all those Spring Breakers spreading it through the country. He also needs to take responsibility for those people on cruise ships. Florida has built up, marketed and benefited a lot from the cruise ship industry. It's time to take responsibility for it rather than just leave people to die at sea.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please show where you called for social distancing before Feb 25