1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean, how about a tag or something, then the play. Eg. #CCityRiskyPlay - xyz

??

Not likely to trade it, but fun to watch and see!

Sajan likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That's really good, and definitely agree with you on UAL, I'm definitely watching for a lower entry like that. I'm hoping whatever we invest in long-term is a winner.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Sure, I can start trying that out next week on any tips I get, like I haven't been doing these trades either or something and don't want anyone to take these plays as absolute, I mean I've seen very high avg of good tips and these seem to be too good to be random.

Like these absolutely go against any long-term trades and are highly risky, and if anyone decides to try them please do so at your own risk, or test out with like a few dollars, don't dump your portfolio in or money you plan on keeping.

I'll post as I get them so we can follow, maybe if we can see some trends It'll be more safe. Hopefully it's like this week was, on a side note I unfortunately didn't do them either... So I'll try to state if I'm investing in the tip or if it's something to watch etc.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm about to liquidate my 401k baby!

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm trying to dump some money in for basically the first time. Trying to ride that wave as it comes up short term.

I think there's going to be a wave on the way up and then another crash once the White House does something that makes this worse. I'll try to cash in on the second rise too and take that long term.

Will need to be more vigilant about following. I'll be looking for some probably higher risk/reward types.

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Am I the only dummy on here that thinks Danaher (Cepheid's parent company) and Abbott Labs are going to do well the next few months as everyone and their mom are going yup to want these quick Coronavirus tests?

The Real Shady and CCity Zero like this.
  7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

UAL scares the **** out of me especially if the rumors of DAL having a southern expansion outside of Austin is true.

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

VZ is fools gold. Their lack of spectrum is going to catch up to them and they will start bleeding customers to T (at&t) unless they acquire low band 5G spectrum. Their ad business is Yahoo lol and their FTTH business continues to decline.

Don't hold on to that for too long.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

Delta Air Lines is getting a lift from news that Berkshire Hathaway has slightly increased its stake in the carrier to more than 11%,
    March 3, 2020 11:09 am ET

my 401k/roth is in index funds (total stock/total international/total bonds).

I am not a big fan of individual stocks but in my brokerage I have MSFT and LULU. I want to add 1-2 more.
    I am looking at UAL/DAL, HERTZ, AAPL...

5 years from now..AAPL could be at 600 for all we know...hindsight right?

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No, I think this could be a smart/safer play and I've been following Danaher as well (not invested yet) - so assuming this plays out as expected and since they're an actual company, they might reach their high again and then some (so a much safer investment).

But who wants logical investments?! I mean the silly gains are chasing the companies that pretend to exist, haha. It's all about media running with half ass story/company mention that basically has 2 employees at 25 cents per share and rockets to $4 before going to 20 cents - all you have to do is exit correctly. It's like a video game but with real money - can't beat it!

Hahah, anyway, back on topic, - definitely agree with your thoughts and I think Abbott could gap up first, watch it premarket Monday, they released their rapid test news late, so the stock should be hot hopefully. Could be some excellent gains in one day depending on premarket reaction. We should know pretty quickly if open will take off, I hope it goes, I mean you might only get 10-20 % because of the price but could be a great play for quick trade and maybe long term assuming more positive PR. - obviously more with options but I've been liking just trades for now with the market being crazy

Kim likes this.
  11. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Nibbled on JPM after Dimon bought 192k shares today. Still waiting for the pullback, shorted SPY on Thursday..

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I still think the odds of deflationary depression are decent based on a lot of things. Mainly because of all the timelines present and the structure of our economy. This virus will drag on for awhile. I'm actually optimistic about us getting over the virus relatively fine, but I just don't see how we avoid major economic damage due to how long this will persist for outside of an anti-viral miracle and a production miracle. I can go into it more in depth if needed.

CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Looks more like an exercise of options/sale of stock or something : https://fintel.io/n/dimon-james
    Wilfred Frost made a screw up earlier in the day about executive purchases at JPM :

Rizzy likes this.
  14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

been thinking along similar lines, we'll recover from the current chaotic state but there will be painful restructuring if this lingers with us. Bearing in mind the obvious companies hurt by the virus are already down further than the rest of the market, do u see any specific short/put opportunities which can underperform the rest of the market even further?

I'm not sure how long term deflation happens with unlimited Fiat printing though... Purchasing power relative to wages will decrease and we'll be worse off overall; but is it even possible for asset prices to deflate if fed insists on buying everything?

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Deflation happens thru economic contraction and low velocity of money. Remember inflation won't occur if there is limited velocity of money. As an aside there is an interesting phenomenon of extremely high US dollar demand outside of the US.

saitou likes this.
  16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Money supply is the other factor and fed has said in the past they have a 2% inflation target. If they go ham with the money supply, my thinking was that it could offset the lower velocity. Gdp would suffer, but asset prices get artificially propped up.

17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

So with Trump's April 30th announcement, are we expecting a drop tomorrow?

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

People were probably expecting a drop for a while. Futures are currently pointing down. Of course, that's not necessarily any indication of what will happen during the day tomorrow.

RKREBORN and Sajan like this.
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

Brother the market hasn’t made any sense for the past week so it’s anyone’s guess.

RKREBORN likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

RKREBORN likes this.