1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I’m a sucker

Exiled likes this.
  2. Senator

Senator Member

Only have to see the huge swings for RCL and CCL to know the amateurs are out in full force and big players are riding their naive optimism, waiting for a moment to sell (these sell offs will start the beginning of the second drop when true bottoms are established).

Only way it changes is if the miracle vaccine comes about in the next 2 months, instead of the next 18.

Hakeemtheking and Sajan like this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

Pension plans re-balancing their portfolio before end of the first quarter

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Boeing at $180! WTF

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I bought it at $92. Should have freaking kept it :(

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man that's a nice entry on 79, and that's a good value trade as long as it goes back down (which it is right now). you just move on to the next trade or re-enter, haha it's a lot better move you made than what I did today... so just keep making profit where you can.

The Real Shady and RKREBORN like this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yeah, it's wild on that one. I couldn't believe return, I'm not in it though

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Went short SPY with SH. Think we have a little more downside. I do like this chart of upcoming potential good and bad news.

[​IMG]

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I bought it around $100 years ago, rode it up to $400+, dropped it a few days ago around $200. When it was in the $90's I thought about buying back, but bought more BAC instead and left the rest in cash. lol. Stupid thing went up just because they said the 737 Max may go back into production in May, which was already known. They just keep pushing the date back every few months anyway. Crazy.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

CCity Zero, fallenphoenix and Sajan like this.
  11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Could be a V bottom, but 2008 had several >20% bounce plays.

[​IMG]

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Logically I can't see us having hit a bottom already, but a part of me keeps thinking unlimited QE could be the golden bullet that kills all bear runs.

CCity Zero, Sajan and The Real Shady like this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

SOB.. haha, I mean you'll go broke not knowing tickers but this is hilarious. Hopefully some one profited (and not someone playing this like a pump on purpose), and they then took their earning (well winnings since they might as well been playing roulette) and learn how important it is to make sure you're putting your money in correctly.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's a nice chart, but the second category - US cases peaks - seems to be the biggest guess out there. I mean absolutely we are now social distancing to an extent, but we absolutely didn't start consumer panic or social distancing in February... so not sure why we'd be so relative close to peak (as in already in the potential peak window).... it's not like we're doing China-esque or even Italy-esque quarantine measures everywhere.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

Pretty good day for me tbh

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

if it's 6 more trillion, maybe then

I think the market is waiting on Corona to end by summer start , May's earnings will effect the market outlook long term impact

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. Sajan

Sajan Member

Bought LULU thinking it would make a run like NIKE after the earnings report.
    Well earning reports beat estimates but they didn't provide any guidance for the next report....soooooo now I am a little bit in after hours. Fingers crossed it bounces back up tomm so I can get out.

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I bought abunch of Tencent at $47, some Disney at $88, and some Boeing at $100 (wish I bought more). I plan on unloading around half tmrw as long as the market doesn't crash beforehand. My gut tells me we're still due for at least one more dip as more cities start getting overwhelmed by patients. California has 57K pending tests so you know people are going to freak out when the number of positive cases spike from those results.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice moves.

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

USA #1 in Corona cases