1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Houstunna, malakas and Surfguy like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

This “stay home” order isn’t any different than the shutdown that was going on before this it seems

3. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

What you linked to is NOT the list of essential businesses in this specific "stay-at-home" order issued by the County Judge. I'm sure the actual order will be released soon.

While you may think this is trivial this is actually important for a lot of people who were continuing to go to work because their employers refused to shut down during this pandemic.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Take it with caution......

#4084 daywalker02, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  5. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Sounds like what Houston as already been doing, but not supposed to play on the playgrounds.

6. malakas

malakas Member

The UK STILL doesn't test doctors and nurses.
    They have called back thousands of retired healthcare workers who are in the risky groups and they don't even test them.

Calling them heroes and giving them discounts on drinks and stuff is useless and hypocritical when you just send them to die like this!

Our latest victim was a 67 year old man who was in perfect health and physical condition.

He was an alpinist, climbing the Everest, Kilimajaro and leader of an expendition to Antartica.

No heart problems no diabetes or hypertension.

Not a smoker not overweight.

He had the best medical care possible, and received hydroxychloroquine and the Embola and HIV drug cocktail.

You can have the best immune system in the world but still die from this disease.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I was picturing the “stay at home” order to be like in the movie “Outbreak”. Guess not. This is a friendly, gay reminder to “stay at home, ya’ll!”.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Businesses are still going to remain open. This order isn’t any different from what was ordered before today. A mere reminder basically to practice social distancing and stay home if you can. Nothing is being forced to shutdown nor is there any kind of curfew

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can your friend get me her NUMBER though?

bcast89 likes this.
  10. Victorious

Victorious Member

What does this mean for fort bend? Couldn't be just go hang out in sugar Land?

And I didn't see restaurants as essential business, so no take out?

11. likestohypeguy

And if you have to not stay-at-home, be sure to practice social distancing, if at all possible (but if that's a problem too, don't worry about it either).

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Restaurants still open

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Not necessarily. This would extend to non-essential workers to stay home as well. So it is slightly different. Not all employers have told their employees to stay home.

malakas likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I definitely do NOT feel this way. Politicians need to get of America's jock, lulz. This isn't China where we die for our country. This is America where we revolt against the government when we don't like it.

withmustard likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pretty much this. No different than the order that was going in before this morning. Until they announce some kind of curfew and force certain businesses/places to close, this won’t really change things

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dan Patrick...Texas jackass of the year.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Victorious

Victorious Member

Wow so what the hell is different? No best buy lol

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tbh I’m not really sure lol. They literally said you can still go outside if you want. Just practice social distancing. Parks are still open. But not playgrounds lol

malakas likes this.
  19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

anyone looking at the list can tell me if auto parts are still open?

Was planning to do some sweet mods to my van with my new found spare time.

20. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, that's the thing. How does Wednesday look pretty much any different from Tuesday? Most everyone has gone remote already. I've been going into downtown and it's been a ghost town for at least a week now.

I guess it gets a few more folks home but it doesn't feel like it changes very much.