1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They are voluntarily working with the administration. That’s why the defense production act has not been invoked.

Mazulis, Andre0087 and malakas like this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

License plate on the video. They will be tracked down soon. Curious about the updates on this one. I’m sure it will be quick lol

Houstunna likes this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Just got word I am off until the results come back. Thanks for your concern and all of your information.

He's doing okay, so I don't think the results will change much. As I said before, glad this is happening now.

We are in a good situation for quarantine and we're both in healthcare, so we can manage pretty well.

Everyone be well.

5. malakas

malakas Member

because the quarantine in Hubei and less so in other provinces was REALLY inhumane quarantine,
    Officers were coming in your house taking your temperature and if it was slightly high they dragged you out of your house dumped you on massive "hospitals" and quarantine sites.
    People all over China were under 24/7 surveillance where their whereabouts and all their travel history was analysed.

Neighbours and housing blocks were baricaded and if someone had even the slightest link to Hubei (i,e their second cousin was married to someone from there) their neighbours were putting red signs on their door " Don't come inside they are infected" or even they were obstructed from entering their own home.

The police went around the country and found every single Hubei resident and put them in run down hotels for more than 2 weeks.

That's why the quarantine worked in China.
    This is nothing like the quarantine that European and american countries are practising.

HOWEVER in urban ultra densely populated cities like NY , more extreme measures may have to be taken.

For rural areas, towns, small cities, islands, suburbs etc it is easy to become virus free after one month of quarantine.

Houstunna, B-Bob and Mazulis like this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

Soon the antibody tests will become widely available.
    Then they can detect MANY people who are already immune and ensure that many vital jobs can be done without risk of infection : i.e hospital staff, supermarkets, government clerks, banks, truck drivers, restaurants etc etc.

This first month will be the hardest. Make it through the next weeks and then life will get better. Cure and better and more tests.
    We aren't going to be locked down for 8 months.

That's it as long as you don't live in NY.

Houstunna, B-Bob and Mazulis like this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

Hopefully the little one gets better soon =)
    I will keep you in my prayers.
    Take care of you and yours!

8. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Well will tell u what New York mayor is doing BIG NOTHING! And of course first one to blame Trump. Now asking for military when own cop turn back on him. This crisis will have deadly consequences to all NYC residents because mayor is literally incapable to lead a city. NYC is not prepared , panic everywhere , stores are empty (we been over with TP for a week, it's not a concern any longer, New York Times is fine) . Numbers of confirmed cases u see is only cases where people showed sever symptoms. They used 8000 test kits on Thursday, well, result where not in on Friday, we will find out on Monday. But governor told be prepared for 60-70% positive. Jewish Hasidic neighborhood going MAD, apparently they think virus is not for them, but for us. Hasidic schools in New Jersey still open, and almost all of them seeking help are tested positive. Place going bananas. It's density about 29 mil people live 50 mile radius, and all in danger.You will hear the stories in next few week like u never heard before. They only woke up last TUESDAY !!!!! Talking about lost opportunity to get prepared.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

still got people telling me that this is wildly overblown and that so many people die from the flu each year, but it doesn’t cause things to shutdown

*sigh*

got my conspiracy theorist friend telling me to stay woke and open my 3rd eye...that this is all a plot by the government to take away more of our rights, make us more dependent on them, and enact martial law...I’m about to block that mofo

mikol13, Eric Riley, Dgn1 and 4 others like this.
  10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

No, but it was one of the private urgent care companies. Apparently they all have tests. I think they charge your insurance.

Deckard likes this.
  11. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Was about on same page with your Friend, and today is totally different picture.Coffins in Italy show reality picture.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stay safe at all cost mang.

Yung-T, malakas and Mazulis like this.
  13. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

LOL
    I bet that friend also believes Tom Hanks is a pedophile

14. malakas

malakas Member

You only need to make sure about you and yours at this point. And if possible make some donations to hospitals and food banks but other than that first comes SURVIVAL.
    Do not come out of your house if possible for the next week. If you have to eat only rice and biscuits for 4 days then do so.

If you have to come out after that and can't have the provisions delivered, then wear gloves, and mask. Keep a distance of 2 meters with anyone because anyone can be infected.

I didn't know about the Jews but are they like the Orthodox Jews in Israel who live in communities and only study religion?

People can't be saved from their own stupidity.
    That's why first comes survival of those who pay attention and are smart.

These will be hard times and especially for metropolitan areas. Pay attention and be careful.

Miracle and Mazulis like this.
  15. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

The Madness here is beyond believe. I do believe people need reality check , but price is way too high to pay.

malakas likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

Its too late for that.
    I have noticed this in all western countries
    1) people need at least 3-4 days of an extensive media and state brainwashing campaign to wake up and start taking measures.

2) No matter what some are idiots or antisocial who are beyond redemption

3) No matter what some are religious nutjobs who are beyond redemption

I have done the best I could to educate and help others to save their lives, for 2 months now.

If I could donate my blood too to the blood banks who are in dire need I would but I am hypotensive, and I don't have money to give to food banks.

Other than that this is a major crisis and there comes the survival instict.

We have to save our lives because this is beyond the means of the state to help us.

They don't have cure
    and they don't have vaccine
    and they don't have enough ICU beds.

So protect your life and the lives of your family the best way you can with all the best information you have and pray for not many of your neighbours to die.

Miracle and Mazulis like this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

https://presse.inserm.fr/en/launch-of-a-european-clinical-trial-against-covid-19/38737/

A European clinical trial to evaluate four experimental treatments for COVID-19 starts today. Coordinated by Inserm European clinical trial to evaluate four experimental treatments for COVID-19 starts today. Coordinated by Inserm as part of the Reacting consortium, this trial will include at least 800 French patients with severe forms of COVID-19. part of the Reacting consortium, this trial will include at least 800 French patients with severe forms of COVID-19.
    The objective is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of four experimental therapeutic strategies which, in light of latest scientific information, might be effective against COVID-19.

“We analysed data from the scientific literature on SARS and MERS coronaviruses and the first publications on SARS-COV2 from China in order to come up with a list of antiviral molecules to be tested: remdesivir, lopinavir and ritonavir in combination, the latter being administered with or without interferon beta and hydroxychloroquine. The list of these potential drugs is also based on the subset of experimental treatments classified as top priorities by the World Health Organization (WHO).

The great strength of this trial is its “adaptive” nature. This means that ineffective experimental treatments can very quickly be dropped and replaced by other molecules that emerge from research efforts. We will therefore be able to make changes in real time, in line with the most recent scientific data, in order to find the best treatment for our patients,” explains Florence Ader.

It is planned to include 3200 European patients from Belgium, France, Germany Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. In France, at least 800 hospitalized COVID-19 patients will be recruited in conventional medicine departments or in intensive care.

Mazulis likes this.
  18. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

malakas likes this.
  19. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

malakas likes this.
  20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How come India isn’t overrun with COVID?

Mazulis and JeeberD like this.