1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will have the final word on Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GrEgOnOmIcS, Mar 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

SF and his play will have the final word in the decision. If he wants to grasp the system and shows he is willing to put winning ahead of himself as people say then that will be a big determing factor in my eyes.

2. OrangeCountyCA

I totaly agree. I also believe that SF has ALREADY done that (proven himself worthy). So I say that SF will most likely stay a Rocket.

3. haven

haven Member

I think you're wrong. It doesn't matter how well Steve tries to grasp the system. It doesn't matter if he puts others first.

Steve is still a PG who needs the ball and drives. That's still not complementary of a C who camps out in the paint. Ideally, you want your best talent to be complementary. Unless Steve generates a deadly set-shot, I think he's gone for the right deal.

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I know the Lakers run a Triangle offense which is different from our style but not too much. They are able to push it into Shaq and still have room for Kobe to to shoot and slash to the basket and drive. But then again Kobe plays the 2 which might help steve if he is pushed to the 2 to sort of do what Kobe does but Kobe does shoot a bit better.

I think he could stay if they work the lineup around. but i guess none of us are really going to know...at least until the end of the season.

5. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

Ask TD !!!;)

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I do and I agree with you because its not in his character to have someone fired or Traded away, it doesn't matter which Rocket it is !
    He would not take that responsibility on himself!

I would think Les has the power and Les relies on CD, JVG and Rudy T for their personal opinion and recomendations. The opinions of the players are only secondary. For example he didnt listen to Francis and Mobley when they didn't want Yao Ming to be picked in the Draft.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Which is why the only way we will be able to trade Francis is to get an All Star in return or someone very close to an all star. Francis IS an all star (even if his play doesnt warrant it) and he is very flashy. He puts butts in seats.

For Les I am sure he wouldn't agree to any trade that didnt bring back someone that was somewhat equivilant. That's why I have been trumpeting Ray Allen. Allen isnt nearly as flashy as Francis but he IS an All Star and a known name. And he very much might be available this summer.

On the flip side......I am not saying Hinrich is available, and I am not saying it is a straight up trade, but would Les be as excited about giving up Francis for Hinrich? I doubt it.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

SF controls SF. he chooses whether or not he will be traded, depending on his choice on whether or not he'll fit in with this team.

9. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

It will be less obvious after the play-offs.

10. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Hmmm. If I were Les, I'd keep Francis.

That's the problem with everyone these days. TRADE HIM!!!! NO!!! The problem nowadays is TRADING! Teams don't have enough tim to gel nowadays. People always gets traded and it just messes up everything.

If I were Les, I'd keep Francis AT LEAST one more year. Why do ya'll want to trade him this year for? Give him another year to adjust his game to Yao. What... Ya'll expect to win a championship next year without the help of one of our best players???? I don't think so. If he keeps up his same antics next year then fine, trade him at the end of the year. It's not a necessity to win a title next year. Just give the guy a chance to gel before you lynch him ok?

11. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

[​IMG]

How deep is your love, oh-bro

:eek:

12. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Francis is begging to stay. "Hugging" does nothing if he bricks and turns-over the ball in the playoffs. Let see how much you "love" him after that.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way. Francis's future with this team is in his control. It's up to him.

#32 DavidS, Mar 23, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  13. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

It would a little something like this: :D

Yao: Hi, Mr. Alexander. I heard a somewhere that Steve might not be here next season. That would be a huge loss. I feel very comfartable with him.

Les: Oh never mind those rumors. Steve is not going anywhere.

14. JDuBb

JDuBb Member

There is no way in blue hell, Yao wants Stevie gone. Cmon, be serious. Yao loves Stevie. This is what the Rockets should do:

MOVE HIM TO SHOOTING GUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pickup a PG for Mobley or through Free Agency and go from there.

If he was a Shooting guard, he would have less decision making, and he can free lance and score. He is a scoring guard anyways. We all know he isn't Jason Kidd and probably wont ever be. He is in the boat of Iverson. Same type of player.

Let the playoffs do the talking.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

cat is 5. who were 1 & 4?

16. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

fixed

:D

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

4 was barkley

Rocket River
    :D

18. Jallen

Jallen Member

1 plus 4 is 14, he is Turkoglu, a tall and outstanding shooter. Can Rockets aquire him???

19. Quakes

Quakes Member

It's be Van Gundy who'll have the first say. After this season where there actually is a glimmer of hope for the Rox under a new coach, he'll have the biggest pull. Les will be next because he's a businessman who understands the economics of SF's popularity.

Not that Yao will have zero influence because if he does come out publicly to say whether he wants SF or not, people will have to keep that in consideration. BUT I highly highly doubt Yao will not support SF. They seem to get along great and SF has really changed his game a lot to suit Yao (yes, we still pull hair, but it's a world of difference this season and the last). I don't think Yao has the personality to diss any of his teammates. Give him several more years/seasons in the league and he MAY eventually be more vocal on roster moves... but not in this next few seasons.

20. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

People say this all the time. And it sounds better every time too. :D

I think this is a good idea. But I would keep Mobley if possible (good 6th man) and move Taylor....

That's probably impossible though, since Taylor is not exactly a "traditional" power forward and is expensive as hell....

Hrmmmm. 6.9M + Taylor + draft choice maybe for good pg?

Anyone with more BB IQ got some ideas along this line?