1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Jesus...

Jontro likes this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Checked in on my parents. Now that the president said it isn’t a hoax my mother went from having zero fear to now refusing to leave her house. I’ll take it.

CCity Zero, B-Bob, Jontro and 6 others like this.
  3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I'm not saying its not bad, but there is some evidence a lot of these "worst case scenario" posts form "Doctors" in Italy are bots trying to create panic. Many use similar or the same terminology and there have been very few if any that have been confirmed via traditional media.

4. malakas

malakas Member

There is also this coming out of France.
    "It is not strange now to see 30 and 40 year olds without underlying medical issues, coming to the hospitals in severe condition

Also
    Histological analysis of the testicles on RECOVERED patients from Covid 19 in China, shows that the damage that the virus can leave. (because of the ACE2 receptors in spermatogones = the cells that makes semen ). This means it can potentially leave men sexually impotent and lower fertility.

Good luck!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Why the heck would I allow histological analysis of my balls after recovery...

Invisible Fan, Nook, Kim and 2 others like this.
  6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Methodist was finally approved by the Feds to begin testing people )for some insane reason they were being prevented until now). ER now has a screening tent where people who show up are screened and/or tested before entering to keep it clea
    quarantining with 11 dancers for 14 days

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The tinfoil hat version of my brain thinks this really sounds like population control. Kills old people, makes men infertile.

8. malakas

malakas Member

It's China. Either you let them dice up your balls or the brain off your dead body. Your choice.

9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Seriously wtf. It's not like UK is a poor third world country without resources. They're not even going to try? Even if the eventual endgame is no vaccine/herd immunity, you want to slow the spread so your medical resources can keep up with active cases. Mind boggling.

CCity Zero and malakas like this.
  10. conquistador#11

And they get to travel to the EEUU. Wooo.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

"To unleash the full power of the federal government … I am officially declaring a national emergency," Trump said.

Well...that’s not super-villain-y or anything.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I'm shocked at the UK doing a worse job than the US but never would have I imagined Japan would be doing the worst. At the minimum, they should be postponing the Olympics till Sept/Oct instead of choosing to preserve it over lives.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2020/03/13/olympics/olympic-torch-relay-covid-19/#.Xmwv2HJKhOQ

malakas and Jontro like this.
  13. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Newborn baby tests positive for coronavirus in London hospital
    By Shaun Woller | The Sun

A newborn baby in England has tested positive for coronavirus — the world’s youngest victim.

The child’s mother had been rushed to a London hospital days earlier with suspected pneumonia.

Friday night, she and her tot were being treated at separate hospitals.

The mom was tested at North Middlesex Hospital but her positive result was known only after the birth.

The baby was tested within minutes of arrival.

Medics are trying to establish whether the tot was infected during birth, or contracted the virus in the womb.

Link...

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Not to worry you, but EVERY country is betting on herd immunity for long term control of this virus.

There are different ways to do that, like UK that will cause unnecessary people to die in the short term to achieve that goal, versus others taking significant social measures to minimize those deaths.

Jontro likes this.
  15. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

The more you read about this thing the scarier it gets. I'm sure you've all seen videos of people in China and Iran collapsing on the street from this. Apparently, it doesn't just attack your lungs. Your heart and kidneys can be affected. There was a death in a Kansas City nursing home. No respiratory issues found.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article241163111.html

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I believe those are fake.

CCity Zero and B-Bob like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

it is the worst time to view, much less trust, horrifying things on random twitter accounts.

we have enough trusted sources and can tell one another what we’re seeing and experiencing too.

jcf and CCity Zero like this.
  18. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I won't disagree that there is loads of BS on twitter and social media in general but when there are several instances of the same thing happening in multiple places then you can't automatically dismiss it.

CCity Zero and B-Bob like this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I know. Just trying to freak out a little less b/c there is only so much one can do.

ive been saying “holy crap” since the early reports from Hubei.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

On Twitter?

CCity Zero likes this.