1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doris Burke: Rockets will never be on my top tier

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 9, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of these newbs would have survived the Clutch City Rockets.

They would have jumped off the ship in 1995 when we were the 6th seed
    If they had Stephen A and Cowherd etc then it would have turned them against the Rockets like 10000x worse than now

I think somehow if they understood Rockets history they would have a better perspective on what's a big deal and what's not a big deal

They don't even have to go that far back, we didn't win a first round series in the last era except one year we got Ron Artest

They don't understand the bad so they don't really have an opinion

they just react to ESPN's opinion cause they are too lazy to educate themselves

they don't understand real media disrespect. they think it's them not mentioning harden every 5 minutes.

what a soft group of so called 'rockets fans', 'Clutchfans' are suppose to be diehards not softies

@Jontro

@Rocket River

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

lol no one said that, atleast not before you made the comment.

this makes me feel good bc confirms how unsubstantiated your claims are. good job way to keep delusion alive

D-rock likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. I'm so devastated. My entire reason for being a Rockets fan is based on Ms Burke's opinion. I don't know how I can go on. Perhaps I should call 911. Think they'll stream the games in the hospital?

burlesk, Easy, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are one of the b****iest trolls ever.

I bet your boyfriend can't stand your nagging either.

LOL

tinman likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, that dumbass mofo was the only one who brought up Doris Burke and sex

fchump is a classic example of when a low IQ individual thinks they’re smart and has some insightful sh*t to say...I’ve never seen someone have their posts get absolutely destroyed by facts and common sense so easily and so often...moron doesn’t do any research before he posts

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Don't worry I'd still hit that. I'd also wear my Rockets hat and Jersey will doing it!

tinman likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

ESPN & TNT on-air personalities who cause me to mute the TV and turn on music:
    Reggie Miller
    Doris Burke
    Hubie Brown (when a NY/PHI/BOS area team is playing)
    Rachel Nichols
    Scottie Pippen
    Charles Barkley (but at least he's funny)

ESPN & TNT broadcasters I enjoy calling games:
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Chris Webber
    Mark Jackson (usually)

Local broadcasts I will not watch:
    Warriors
    Trailblazers
    Jazz
    Bucks (*only started when Giannis became an MVP candidate)
    Mavs

8. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

You must’ve missed Chris Webber’s commentary during the last game vs the Clippers.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yes, I remember a ton of people complaining. There have even been JVG-called games that I haven't liked. But I do like Webber's take 90% of the time. I think he's well-spoken, chill, and usually pretty neutral. If he criticizes, it's usually legit.

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Broadcasters have zero credibility. I remember Marv Albert biting that stripper and leaving her marks then broadcasting the next night.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

recap please?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Boris got the Corona. You hate to see it.
    Should probably self isolate for the next 14 days indefinitely.

#92 J.R., Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

UK Boris and Boris, errr Doris.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

speak for yourself, chief. i don't need constant slob-knobbing of my favorite team to respect someone's opinion. in fact, i prefer they don't unless i feel my team has earned it. i guess some people just assume respect and praise are given instead of earned.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Fanatics going to fanatic. Expect no objectivity in a team fan forum. I've come to terms with it. Also understand that there is a good chance you are debating with a teenager when on an internet forum. Always keep that in the back of your head when you encounter flurries of insults because of differing opinions.

Zoplicone likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Someone check up on Moochie Norris.

17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Not a joking matter. Classless act making fun of someone who is sick. She was one of the few who had the courage to openly call out the stupidity of small ball, so naturally the kool-aid drinking fans on this site wish for her impending death.

18. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

The problem with Doris is that she's calling games. Ideally, you'd want to have someone who carries none or minimal bias when calling games - obviously other requisites include smart, knowledgeable, experience playing the game, or a fun personality.

This is where ESPN and TNT get it wrong. They put up the people who are the most biased to call games. And they have people who can feign objectivity on shows like Nichols. I don't consider these shows a part of the game of basketball, but the announcing and color commentary are definitely a part of the product. Being a Rockets fan, I can't stand when they have people like Doris calling games because she's clearly biased and takes advantage of her platform to make what she says appear objectively true or universally accepted. It's obvious when the only slo-mo closeup replays are of Harden making a move on a defender. You can just see Doris go: "Ok, here's where the foul occurs when he puts out his arm to guard the ball and in effect throws his man on the ground". She foul-hunts during the broadcast more than any player on the court.

Anyway, hope she gets better from her disease.

34to11 likes this.
  19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

She was involved in that Jazz/Thunder game and that earthquake basketball game in Vegas. I hope she doesn't do Rockets national broadcasts, disasters follow her.

RustyHarden likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yet you listen to Dorris push her California/LeBron/Knicks teams.

She has her tongue so far up the large markets/ LeBron teams an@l canals, but that’s ok with you

Piss-off you Mullie

#100 ApacheWarrior, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    RustyHarden likes this.