1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 3/10/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I’ll play, Rockets led by 3 entering the fourth after scoring the last 10 points of the third quarter, and a 3-pointer by Harden with about eight minutes grew the lead to 8.
    Timberwolves got a 3-point play from Reid after that, but the Rockets scored the next eight points, with the first five from Harden, to make it 102-89 midway through the quarter.
    Harden had his fingerprints all over this game, he also carried the offense in the first half when Russ was struggling.
    Oh why was Russ struggling? You ask? Well we weren’t t hitting our 3s so paint was once again clogged. Well look what happened the second half when we hit some 3s! We also attacked in transition and finally defended the perimeter without overcommitting. Harden then was able to iso and convert in the lane. He then finally hits some 3s when defended 1 on 1.
    I find it hilarious how when we lose to mediocre teams we immediately should blow it up but when we beat them it’s no big deal. It’s also Hardens fault when we lose but never gets credit when we win. A win against anyone is important when you’re struggling. That 3/4 quarter at least felt like our Rockets. Confidence is an amazing thing and you dispute that you’ve never competed hard enough.

Tfor3, riko, D-rock and 11 others like this.
  2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

THE TEAMS STRUGGLES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OPPONENT ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT WE ARE NOT DOING. Add to play a lack of confidence and its a problem for any team but we are getting back together

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Green
    Covington
    Gordan
    Harden
    Westbrook..........these are our best players

4. riko

riko Member

You’re fuked in the head. Trolling a nba forum with 10s of different ids. You need to be put on a medication. Get out of you’re mamas basement and go out join a gym or something

Caprah, D-rock, Tfor3 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

To a certain extent yes, but opponents have changed their defenses and it absolutely has affected us. They’ve also hit their shots and taken advantage of our lack of rim protection.

#665 Blurr#7, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    bj3175, D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea that’s what I said the last game and the one before. I was all in for taking House out and PJ too.
    Pj is best played in the last minutes and specialty against a big slow center or just a center. Not great against small line ups or playing more than 30 mins.
    House on the other hand is back the the old House of the first part of this season. Bringing everything, not shooting open shots, turnovers and so on and also not helping much on defense.

Ben should be playing more minutes than House. And we need to find more opportunities for Ben to shoot. We have given him very few in the last past games. He is our best shooter.

i wasn’t too sure on Gordon tho so u was between Ben and Gordon or even DMC. Gordon have been terrible too but at least he shoots open shots. our best shooter right now is Ben and then Austin.

That’s why I wished we would have gotten another shooter and waive Clemons. Someone like Bender, Justin Anderson or Broekhoff. We can still sign either Anderson or Broekhoff who is a very good shooter always shooting above 40%.

DeBeards, D-rock and jimmyv281 like this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You don't know what a fact is and it shows. Are you like under 18 or something?

8. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

We beat the wolves without KAT

9. don grahamleone

Coming from someone who loves playing with color correction... it's a nice touch up too. That stuff doesn't come off the camera looking that nice. Somebody knows some tricks!

heypartner, BigShasta, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  10. don grahamleone

The difference between a hater and a "realist" isn't that big. Someone who declares that they're "just a realist" is more like 'just a dick'. You can usually tell with how they say things. There's usually not one ounce of appreciation for anything done well on the night. However, there are some real fans out there that get real. A true realist HAS to give props while providing 'insight' on things that were performed poorly.

Most 'realist' on here are anything but. People on here aren't stupid. Most everyone knows how to read between the lines.

#670 don grahamleone, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  11. don grahamleone

I'm really happy with his efficiency tonight. There were a few turnovers I didn't like, but not all of those are 100% to be blamed on one player. Hell, sometimes there should be a foul and instead it's a turnover. Who to get frustrated with then?

Caprah, D-rock, Blurr#7 and 2 others like this.
  12. don grahamleone

There's nothing like a douchebag running their mouth about how terrible Harden is after an efficient performance paired with a win to help you figure out who to block on here.

Thx @Greedydex (I have to assume this is that same poster Acura77 or whatever that was. That douche got banned. Maybe this one too. Anyway, thx @D-rock for outting the guy.)

#672 don grahamleone, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  13. don grahamleone

I do like that lineup on paper, but I do see one issue with it:

Tucker, Harden, Green and Roco are all at their best defending the paint. All struggle to get out on 3 point shooters.

I love reading your opinions, so curious as to your response on this little idea of mine. I keep thinking something about it throws me off. We certainly don't get beat up by bigs with this lineup, but slashers and 3 point shooters become a tough thing to fight off.

DeBeards, D-rock and Tfor3 like this.
  14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Rockets wins and losses are almost solely dependent on Harden’s FG %. True or false.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Lol

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

PJ, DMC, RoCo, Thabo, are Rockets best perimeter defenders IMO.

I am curious, who you believe are better perimeter defenders on roster?

I do believe that Rockets still have opportunity to upgrade this position group and sign more versatile defenders this season.

That would require giving up on Clemons, Tyson or Harty however.

DeBeards likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Spacing improvements. We have gotten some pretty decent looks.

Noticed Harden getting annoyed at Rob a few times.
    Something is still clearly wrong. If you look at the last 20 games even. There is a lack of explosion there, a lack of separation. I hope he gets healthy soon, we need him to be the MVP.

DeBeards and Blurr#7 like this.
  18. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Kinda glad that House didn't get many minutes. Green is a better player overall IMO and glad he's getting more time on the court.

Happy to have House out there for 10-15 MPG but I think the days of him as a full-time starter may be over.

BaselineFade, BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

3-6 range is good, not sure home court will be needed but it would be nice

20. D-rock

D-rock Member