1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Virus] So who’s still going out?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Mar 7, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Italy increased 20% Sun and another 25% by today. They went from 4609 to 7375 in 2 days. The surge is bigger than people may realize.

South Korea's cases rose from 4212 to 7382 this past week.

Deckard likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True, the decrease came the last 2 to 3 days. From 400 per day to 200 per day. 165 new infections today.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wish you luck. With the recent swarm of Italians there and the thousands more pouring in for St. Patrick's day, my trip to Dublin late April might not be worth going if an outbreak starts happening.

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...talian-fans-ireland-six-nations-a9370016.html

I guess I will know in about a month if it had an effect on the spreading amongst crowds of people who might have been around unknown carriers.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Going to denver in April. Hoping the warmer weather kills the virus off in our great nation.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh yeah. I'm going to Colorado too. About the same time.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

business as usual here as well. heading to vegas in April to support Tilman :eek:

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Considering cancelling some flight we had planned.
    We are currently on a work-related trip (no flying) so eating out has been kinda necessary. Just washing hands a lot.
    But all it takes is one sick cook in the kitchen or bartender or waiter I guess. le sigh. But we're in a small town so maybe it won't pop up here as quickly. [<--- look at that rationalization in action]

Local officials keep saying "no confirmed cases!" but they've probably done exactly zero tests also.

Deckard likes this.
  8. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Cruise companies are starting to allow re-scheduling. No full refunds, but ability to change dates could sway people from now going.

Deckard likes this.
  9. Exiled

Exiled Member

I spend 8-11 hours at work in a hospital
    I play indoor-soccer with colleagues in our city league once over weekends
    I spend a few hours after game at my friend's house, in which my other Chinese friend' mom who came just last month serving us dumplings stew with beef that taste very porky

going to Banff,AB lymphomas conference next week and will bring my family so they could enjoy their spring break waiting in a hotel

saitou likes this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

We skipped the zoo and the rodeo this weekend. For the time being I’ll still go out to eat but might as well limit the risk somewhat and avoid massive crowds.

RKREBORN likes this.
  11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I'm taking a long term view on this. This could linger with us for a very long time (months? or even years if it keeps coming back mutated like the flu?); I'll try my best to limit what I touch in public and wash my hands when possible, otherwise it's business as usual for me, I still want to work and enjoy life.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

this is how most “old” people I know seem to be reacting. Which is weird af. They’re the most at risk category BY FAR.

as for whether the media is overhyping it or not. I don’t think so necessarily. It’s just math... always ways to frame math but ultimately you or I can do the math pretty easy.

new virus.
    No medicine yet.
    No vaccine yet.
    Highly contagious.
    Fairly high death rate relative to the typical viruses we see that aren’t Ebola-esque. Especially in older demographics.

the one thing I think the media can do a better job in general of though is highlighting the other percentage of people - the large majority - that are asymptomatic or barely symptomatic. What is their experience like? One can assume pretty typical light virus that goes away but who knows.

Deckard likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They don't believe it. 'I don't know about that'

B-Bob likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. It's part of the process of getting older. :D

15. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Indian Wells is canceled. That’s the biggest US tennis tournament after the US Open.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

17. Roscoe Arbuckle

Zero ***** given. Went to brunch at 60Vines yesterday. It was fun and there was a 20 minute wait for a table that turned into an hour wait.

I actually feel bad for people like Deckard who have gotten caught up in the hysteria.

18. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Have a trip planned to Vegas next week for March Madness. Definitely not a "necessity" to go but I feel like my odds of catching coronavirus are just as high here as they are in Vegas. Worst case scenario would be having the FAA halt all airplane transportation which I don't think has happened since 9/11. I don't see it getting that bad between now and next week but I'm definitely monitoring the situation and will make a final call a week from today.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Is this that N from Trepoya?

20. Roscoe Arbuckle