1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I actually sometimes do that too lmao, or I piss without grabbing a hold, I can generally aim very well by just holding the brim of my pants instead (not sure if anybody else does this). I also am careful to wash my hands before fapping. Hopefully, @Jontro does too.

I feel like touching your junk with unwashed hands, depending on what you've been touching, is just asking for some sort of trouble.

This was an interesting combination of derailments these last couple of pages, from bats, radioactive boars, topography, hitting animals to Don King king washing his hands before he touches his dick.

Jontro likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Now 5 cases in Houston.

So if there are currently 5 people sick, who have likely been in contact dozens, if not hundreds of people... ***** gonna get messy very quickly.

malakas likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@Jontro breh, please wash your hands after it, 3x more than normal.

Jontro likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

There is no before or after for Jontro, it's a continuum. Fapping for Jontro is like breathing, he started when he was born and will continue until death.

Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  5. Miracle

Miracle Member

Firstly, the photo was released on the social media by an unknown person and has already been taken off by the author. It has not been verified by any state media. Therefore its authenticity is still in doubt. Some people conjecture that the photo was taken when the doctor was injecting other immunity-boosting drugs before her team departed for Wuhan.

Secondly, there are competitions within China on vaccine development (using different techniques). In mid-Feb. there were already multiple teams that entered the animal trial process of vaccines. Had this photo been authentic, it would be more of a demonstration that the doctor's team is still in the competition. By the way, the cooperating company of the team has openly declared that its vaccine development is still in the pre-clinical phase, which is before animal trials.

Well, I do not see any benefit for a government official to threaten a renowned military doctor to take an untested vaccine. The official would need to take full responsibility had anything unexpected happens. Even if such a photo is needed, the scene can be easily staged since nobody really knows what drug is being injected into her body.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Containment is a lost cause for everyone let alone the USA who has done nothing .
    Just assume that anyone you meet is a potential carrier unless you live in some isolated remote rural area.
    That's what I am doing.
    In 2 weeks from now everywhere will be hundreds of thousands of cases. Many are already infected and just don't know it yet. Maybe we are too.

I am not being paranoid it is just hard cold science and logic.

Btw our regular poster from Italy hasn't posted here for 2 weeks now, since the beginning of the outbreak in Italy and I'm starting to worry about him. I hope everything is fine. Prayers @Vivi

FrontRunner likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, to be clear: What's the understanding, when asymptomatic.

1. Lower chance (than the regular flu) of transmitting on an airplane, when asymptomatic
      or
    2. Higher chance (than the regular flu) of transmitting on an airplane, when asymptomatic

my understanding is this thread says it was higher chance, but Gov Polis is citing the CDC info and saying “Low Risk”

#1347 heypartner, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

can't share my rituals prefap. but an untrained fapper could get injured.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  9. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

On the hand washing, here at my job (and previous jobs), I have seen grown men take a dump, and then walk straight out of the bathroom. I've just stopped shaking hands.

But really though, is this how the zombie apocalypse starts? Any of the deceased come back to life yet?

Jontro and FrontRunner like this.
  10. likestohypeguy

^how about when you get a moist handshake post bathroom? At least you know they washed their hands, you must believe.

Why are there a hundred tiny bits of shredded toilet paper on public women's restroom floors? I know it's not a medical necessity, because they don't do it at home. Or they dispose of them at home at least. That's a two-way street.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

1.4% hospital mortality.
    Out of 100 people who required hospitalisation in HK 1.4 died.

Key word : HK.
    The hospital mortality will depend heavily on the quality of healthcare services and drugs.
    This is probably the best case scenario for the most advanced healthcare systems that arent yet overwhelmed.

They havent determined separate RO and transmisibillity for asymptomatic vs symptomatic. At least I havent seen it in any study
    Only that generally this virus is much more infectious than the flu in general. up to 3 times more.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

That’s such a massive WTF when I see that at the office.

CCity Zero and DonkeyMagic like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

#1353 daywalker02, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    malakas, CCity Zero, Surfguy and 2 others like this.
  14. likestohypeguy

I've never done this, but especially at a restaurant would be funny to follow them out, and just catch up to them as they get back to their table to tell them in front of their party "hey you forgot to wash your hands back there", in a helpful urgent tone, as if you were returning their phone to them they'd left in there. Certain they'll be as appreciative of the reminder.

malakas, CCity Zero and justtxyank like this.
  15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

My wife is an office manager at a small company and HR sent her wash hands signs to put up. They tore down all the signs in the men’s restrooms because it was “insulting.” And someone else told her the virus was fake because of the election. Now she’s a Hispanic woman amongst a majority of Hispanic men who do not want to be told what to do by a female. But this kind of idiotic behavior is certainly not localized to her company.

malakas likes this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Containment isn't a lost cause. People need to be aware of themselves and the symptoms and contain and disinfect themselves. The problem isn't containment it is American habits. We don't wear masks like Asians and lets face it we are dirty as hell.

BigM likes this.
  17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Well American habits will present a containment problem. Not impossible but certainly difficult. We are disgusting as **** here.

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Good point. Asia seems to be really good at stopping the spread of novel viruses. That's why all of these breakouts start in America.

malakas, Bandwagoner, Nook and 3 others like this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There are TONS of people who believe the virus is fake. Its really disappointing that loyalty to Herr Trumpf requires people to push this "fake news" theory about this virus.

malakas, CCity Zero and BigM like this.
  20. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

My Bernie supporting friend is basically calling anyone doing anything different because of this virus an idiot, so there's that.

justtxyank likes this.