1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Prepper Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rimrocker, Feb 24, 2020.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

In addition to above, I think anything that can help symptoms, so like - water /advil /tylenol etc for fever. I haven't seen much reports on conjestion (like allergies so like stuffy nose), but if those did present and no high blood pressure concerns I'd probably use pseudoephedrine. But with that said since it's not, I wouldn't use it. Obviously these are not cures but it can alleviate symptoms so the virus can run its course.

One other thing - I think if someone uses an inhaler for congestion from seasonal allergies (so not asthma or serious conditions). -

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/02/200206110703.htm

There's other sources , but this is a decent one - when a viral infection hits you want an immune response, and unfortunately steroids can prevent that. Unlike where in seasonal allergies you might use an inhaler to prevent/limit histamine response. So if you just have seasonal allergies and not bp concerns this is where switching to pseudoephedrine might also be worth it vs overusing steroids (so like a slow taper off), again this depends on inhaler type/use and should probably be discussed with a Dr, but in my thinking you don't want to be dealing with heavy allergies and essentially possibly viral pneumonia at the same time.

Obviously in cases where someone has severe asthma or other respiratory illnesses/autoimmune issues, I'd honestly recommend they limit public contact since these meds are required, especially since they're most likely using heavier steroids. I mean until we can get a definitive answer on spread. So basically the same precautions as flu, but this just sucks since this spreads when there's no symptoms.

malakas and Exiled like this.
  2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Yeah, It's been a run on everything...My gf went Friday to Costco in Katy noon and the line was wrapped around the building...no water, etc,

I've been picking up random stuff that I would eventually eat and more water each time I go to HEB...but it's $50, $200, $200 each time...but I needed tp prep anyway...I also bought an emergency food bucket this weekend, ordered them from BB&B...Yes, BB&B. I was also able to use the $20 off coupon haha

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I don't want to feed the hysteria, but is it true that the people who died of the virus re-animated later as zombies?

4. Nook

Nook Member

I have managed to bring on a former Viet Cong soldier that illegally gained access to the USA under the insanely easy to breech border patrol methods praised by libtards. He is teaching us how to dig tunnels and set up traps. The language barrier is tough but I have him reading the Bible and watching reruns of Law & Order so he will learn quickly.

CometsWin, Bandwagoner, AWIN and 5 others like this.
  5. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

yes but it was 64 days later, not 28

OmegaSupreme, CCity Zero and Nook like this.
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Stopped by Costco today for regular monthly shopping. There's no paper towels or toilet paper. They said they restocked last night and sold out same day. The level of panic is ridiculous.

CometsWin likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Only Trump supporters, but they were already dead inside.

Kim, Xerobull and Ottomaton like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I went to the Sam's Club today and they were sold out of toilet paper. It was a shitty situation but I just rolled with it and went to the next place assap. I was able to get some TP that was hanging off the back of the shelf, butt they were selling out fast as well. I talked to the number two guy at the store and he couldn't tell me mulch but was dropping nuggets that they were guano have more on Turdsday.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lame , this post is so bad ima have to write about it in my diarrhea

Kim, Pole, DonkeyMagic and 1 other person like this.
  10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I spoke to my mom who has been having a hard time getting one of her prescriptions filled. Apparently the drug she needs is made in India, as are a lot of other medicines we use...

malakas likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

12. malakas

malakas Member

If someone has hay fever and leaves it unmedicated NOW it is time to bring it under control.

Let's not beat around the bush this could be the difference between you getting the coronavirus mildly or becoming a severe case.

Do you want to get the virus while your respiratory and immune system is already exhausted and in battle with allergens?

It is extremely easy to bring your hay fever under control.

The new generation antihistamines are dirt cheap, don't have ANY side effects like sleepiness and are over the counter.
    I take this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilastine

Don't play with fire when the solution is very simple and costs the same as a cup of coffee.

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

ok, since my last post I have added:

Liposomal vitamin c -1 year supply. Dacha Nutrition seems to be the best quality offering so far.
    2 boxes name brand Maximum Strength Mucinex® 12 Hour Extended Release Bi-Layer Tablets, 28ct
    1 Gorilla Ladder, model mpx, 23 ft multipostion.
    10 liters Pedialyte advanced care plus
    10 bags, microwave vegetable varieties, broccoli, corn, green beans.
    12 rounds Dragon’s breath shotgun shells
    25 rounds Flechette shotgun shells
    272 ounces of peanut M&M’s. (protein and carbs)

How is everyones preps going?

rimrocker and arkoe like this.
  14. marky :)

marky :) Member

What's with everyone buying a ton of toilet paper and paper towels? Are people not buying in bulk regardless of a "national emergency"? I have enough from my basic grocery shopping to last me until next year and I don't even think we buy that much.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Absolutely, so I take antihistamines like the one you linked for seasonal allergies here, and will continue to do so. I was meaning more on steroid meds, unless you have underlying health issue. Like on steroid meds they can impact immune response to virus, but on an antihistamine med this won't be an issue - so definitely don't stop this one. This was more of an example of people overusing a steroid inhaler (for allergies) if they have viral pneumonia from this and not actual asthma

malakas likes this.
  16. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

You need to own a AR/M4 instead of that trash AK.

That said I went to Dicks in Katy an got me a few buckets of 9mm an some cans of .556.

Also got me some handles of liquor.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

psssssssh, casual. AK's in the hands of farmers have beaten the US in 2 straight wars.

Buck Turgidson and Joshfast like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Well done......... our day is coming soon.

B-Bob and Joshfast like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Now that is my kind of party........ mix in some tom cat girls, a little E and some water and you are good to go.

RocketBlood likes this.
  20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I have a pre-ban Polytech Legend.

In my experiences at various ranges around Texas, the fat (literally at least 90%) AR15 owners with tactical vests, pants, helmets, and boots, tactical rails/scopes/lights on their **** direct impingement rifles will congregate around my Polytech and ask to shoot it.

Before ya'll start yeehawing my family has two HK MR556's on the property. One single, and one in a VP9/combo with HK case.

Nook, REEKO_HTOWN and Buck Turgidson like this.