1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeanie Buss said she understood why Dwight Howard left the Lakers initially

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DeBeards, Mar 3, 2020.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

It's fair to MDA? Who just won West Coach of this month…

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fair. He doesn't even play centers. Has no major issue getting out-rebounded by 30.

I don't interpret that statement as a criticism. Just a characteristic. One that looks extremely accurate right now.

tinman likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

And? /thread

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I think the word 'respect' used by jeanie buss sounds much more exaggerated.
    If DMC keeping nailed on bench for 15+ games, thats DISRESPECT, cuz DMC definitely fit in with the system n being unfairly neglected.

5. Red Nation RGV

That's an easy comment to say once you have Lebron and AD with a humbled Dwight (role player). It's not the same role he was supposed to be in the 1st time around.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Last time we played Lakers DAntoni also didn't put Dwight in position to succeed by playing Tucker at center. His own coach sent him back to the bench when he saw how useless he is against us

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Dwight has been on 5 teams in 7 years since he left the Lakers the first time around.

I don't think MDA is unique in this category of coaches that don't respect Dwight's game, lol.

lilbird20, AXG and Pringles like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

LOL A coach that didn't respect his game......

Now come on Jeanie, no one on the Lakers respected Howard.

[​IMG]

lilbird20, tinman, Easy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... McHale did everything but call him a mentally and physically crippled POS.

lilbird20 likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

“My only, um, it’s not really a criticism, the reality if Dwight is, after he loses, five minutes later he’s over that loss. Whereas, I know when I played and coached, when we lost I was miserable, and I wanted to be miserable. I think there was something about that misery that made a me a better coach and a better player, because I just kind of wallowed in that misery, and I was always amazed when guys could kind of turn the page really quickly like that.” Kevin McHale

"I tried teaching Dwight. I tried showing him. But the reality is that when you have a perception of what it is to win a championship - and most perceptions of what it's like to win are a very outgoing, very gregarious locker room where you pick each other up and you're friends all the time. That's the perception. And I think that's what his perception was of what the idea is. But when he saw the reality of it, it made him uncomfortable. And it's very tough to be able to fight through that, to deal with that challenge. And I don't think he was willing to deal with that uncomfortable and combative nature." - Kobe Bryant

“I wish he was doing a better job, Dwight has always been athletic and aggressive and he still is. But when I watch him, what I see are opportunities that he is missing. When he gets the ball, he seems to be taking his time to decide what move to make, where he should go.” - Hakeem Olajuwon

"That's where I had an issue with Dwight sometimes because he's strong and he can rebound, he can block shots, he can dunk. But his moves are not polished yet. So to want the ball every time ... we're going to give it to you, because the franchise called for that, but he isn't going to score." - Ron Artest

lilbird20 and lionaire like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So Jeannie is implying that Dwight on the current Lakers is finally having a coach that "respect" his game?

Okay, if you want to call 20 mpg, 8 pgg, 8 rpg a success, that's cool. He could have done better than that for the Rockets if he didn't insist on being the centerpiece of the offense.

lilbird20 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Zen Master had her.

13. Caprah

Caprah Member

What the lakers are using him like how initially D’Antoni wanted to use him in La but Dwight thought he had some mythical post moves and the offense should run through him like his malcontent and cancerous attitude in Htown