1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Knicks 3/2/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Sucks that right after Harden blew that layup RJ Barrett ran right back down the court and finished his.

buffalobills!!! and bro2044 like this.
  2. major_major

major_major Member

This team has lost so many of these games over the years--even as recently as this season--they've exhausted everything they can gain from embarrassing defeats...yet they continue to occur.

bro2044 likes this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

Considering the fact that only 2 out of 30 teams make the NBA Finals this isn't exactly a tough prediction.

DeBeards likes this.
  4. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Sadly, that doesn't happen very often.

5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

But it makes no sense to go for a 2pt when you know the Knicks are going to guard the paint.... pretty much like they have all game. It's why Westbrook couldn't get going all night. You don't want Westbrook to have the ball at the end there.... simply because he isn't a good shooter. And his lane was taken away pretty much all game. Giving it to Harden made the most sense.

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It sucks be don't overreact. We have been playing well and beat some very good teams. Tonight was the same thing as getting a big win on the road against the Lakers. We got beat by the suns the next game. Again we are on the road. The Knicks played a little above their head tonight. Red hot rockets came into town and they got up for it. Props to them but we will be okay.

7. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Jesus, your basketball takes are so cringey. Harden doesn't even remotely have slow feet, it's literally the exact opposite.

John Lucas on Harden: “One of the things that makes him so good for his size is he’s got some of the quickest feet I’ve ever seen. He’s got the feet of a ballerina, or a defensive back. He’s in that category of quickness."

Try again.

8. amaru

amaru Member

I think the play was for Harden but Westbrook popped open first and got the ball. I've always wanted to see more inbound sets from the Rockets in tough situations, I've seen MDA use them before.

9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Yeah, unless we have a CLEAR 2, you go for the 3 on the road for the W. What a disappointment.

10. Alkaholic

Alkaholic Member

Staying off social media tomorrow my heart can’t handle it

DeBeards and bro2044 like this.
  11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

WE VERY NEARLY CRAPPED THAT GAME AWAY.

blew a huge lead by playing carelessly. We won but the clutch issues really showed yet again. Could have easily choked that game away. Tried really hard to.

DeBeards and buffalobills!!! like this.
  12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I said earlier that the Rockets were playing better when Gordon was out of the lineup. Sefolosha was playing well and constituted one of our best lineups. Also Carroll played well in his limited minutes. But D’antoni will always go back to his chucking guards because he cares more about offense than defense.

buffalobills!!! and pippendagimp like this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

I don't have the stats on it but I'd say that it isn't a rare occurrence. But I get it, we are all frustrated.

14. Alkaholic

Alkaholic Member

Should have rested Russ and Harden tonight let the bench win this game

15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We threw it pretty quickly. We could have waited a second or 2 more and then got Harden open. We were obviously intending to pass it Westbrook at the start so he can take the 2pt.

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I meant the conference finals. Do you not understand that we have zero discipline? Cant beat good teams in a 7 game series like that.

DeBeards likes this.
  17. for-three

for-three Member

They need to scrap that 4-guard bench lineup moving forward, there needs to always be bigger wings on the floor to make this small ball system work. They probablty need to go back to starting Gordon and bringing house off the bench for more size, or start giving Carroll minutes at the backup 4. If they try that 4- guard bench lineup against the Clippers they are goingt to get run off the court.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He could have turned the corner if he wasn't being fouled. Idk why y'all think that is such a bad shot at the end. WB has been money from there. james needed to make that layup man.

Rocket River and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The one game winner I remember of Harden's was ironically against PJ Tucker and the Suns. That's the only one I can remember from Harden though. He's had some clutch moments outside of last second buzzer beaters but not many buzzer beaters themselves.

20. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I don't know what bothers me the most, the shameful defeat or the idiots who in a close game enter to the forum to say "we got this".

CK Johnson likes this.