1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN announcers now work for Boston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Feb 29, 2020.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

if you mean Hoobie, yes
    Hoobie, Da Zombie

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut, saleem and Zboy like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

It is reasonable ESPN announcers would have bias for Boston this game after miraculous 2 three point shots going in and reaching OT.

It's like seeing a play where 4 guys pass the ball around you'd want the last dude to complete the highlight play and make the shot. Celtics coming back to OT on a "bamboozle" no time out 3 and then a missed FT leading to another wild 3 reach OT had the whole arena going wild and high 5ing each other. If you are someone with no dog in this fight you would totally lean towards Boston winning in OT just cuz its the fairytale ending.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

going back 27yrs, i have an ongoing joke w/ some fakers fans about whoever gets hubie for their game will have that whiny nasaly b****ass voice reverberating thru their ears till the early morn

don grahamleone and Sajan like this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

it's almost a guarantee that hubie is going to be cheering for whoever the rockets are playing.

Rockets make amazing plays - Hubie complains about terrible defense by other team
    Other team makes a basic shot to cut the lead - THERE YOU GO!!!

5. Since75

Since75 Member

Its not about them liking our team. He is supposed to be a color analyst with an unbiased commentary. That never is the case whenever the Rockets play with him. Its sickening and its very obvious.

don grahamleone, saleem and Zboy like this.
  6. Since75

Since75 Member

EXACTLY!!!!

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

There is absolutely no justification for Hubie to be calling games to this day.

The dude is a rambling idiot the majority of the time.

Someone grabs a rebound. "Now look at that, he got the rebound."

Someone hits a 3. "Now look at that, he hits a three"

"Now look here, they're going to run a lot of picks and back cuts" - play continues to do nothing of the sort.

He is excruciating to listen to, and has been for years. The first thing I did when I heard his voice this game was try to see if there was another announcing team I could listen to on League Pass.

To me, he's easily in the top 5 of absolute worst NBA announcers.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Don't forget the bazillion stats. Just go listen to 5 mins of the game today...

9. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

The bias was there from the beginning of the game.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Espn and co are in favor of anyone playing against our Houston Rockets.

slothy420 and don grahamleone like this.
  11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

[​IMG]

Let's not forget this very objective ESPN NBA host. This is right when the Celtics tied it. Some of this stuff media slant is real, just believe in Houstonians.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hubie always roots for the team that is behind and or has young players. He's coaching them alnost. Combine that with his habit of speaking in 2nd person and it always sounds biased.

Since we are old and awesome we don't get the Hubie love

I'm fine with it

roslolian and Nelly like this.
  13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is really been happening a lot with these 2 in particular. I used to love Hubie he was fair and in his hey day he would magnify good basketball from all players and show them respect. He hates Harden and the Rockets organization. We just need to keep winning

don grahamleone and saleem like this.
  14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Look throw T-mac into that as well we get more respect from Big Perk and Paul Pierce than from T-mac its ridiculous

15. diehardrockets

This is true. Back in the day when Kevin Martin was our best player Hubie would always seem to be pulling for us.

BamBam likes this.
  16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I get we are small market, but the Astros cheating is 10x bigger than what it is supposed to be because of the media bias. The bias don't want to know that the Stros had a great road record. I don't watch ESPN Sportscenter like before because they cater to big markets.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No it is not ridiculous because McGrady is a salty hater that cant see Harden's success.

It burns him up inside.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yep

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Isnt this the ungrateful b**** who Harden gave the interview to? After she got that scoop she straight up threw Harden under the bus saying she doesnt know why Harden was so sensitive wtf.

#59 roslolian, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I disagree watch the game supercut you can hear Brown compliment the Rockets and Harden multiple times. "Nice!" "Beautiful play" "Great defense by Harden" etc Want me to timestamp them for you? He isnt biased at the start you are the one biased thinking he is biased.

Y'all have got to stop with the "poor me" complex and just be chill like WB.

DCkid, Newlin and Nelly like this.