1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference games remaining

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Feb 25, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I broke most of the remaining schedule for the top 10 teams teams in the Western Conference by opponents in the top 10, middle 10 and last 10 teams in the NBA.

Home games are in red under breakdown.

IMG_20200225_192203.jpg

#1 deb4rockets, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It looks like your picture is missing the last 4 games of the season for Houston. The others seem to be missing games too, the wins+losses+remaining doesn't add up to 82. I think you may be missing the last 4 games for every team now that I'm looking at the rest of them.

3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Oh, thanks. Better remove this Post.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't forget home/away factors very heavily into things as well.

DeBeards and deb4rockets like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

According to this:

http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

Denver, Dallas, Utah and OKC have tougher remaining schedules than the Rox. Denver's is by far the worst. Us and the Clips and Lakers are roughly the same. New Orleans, Portland and the Spurs have the easiest schedules in the WCF.

Golden State looks like a lock for most ping pong balls.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I fixed it. Thanks.

harold bingo likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I fixed it, and marked home game totals in the breakdown.

topfive likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm going to update the chart every couple days and post it on here. Hopefully, we slowly work our way into that #2 seed. Tonight will be a start. We need to beat Memphis as a warm-up for Boston on Saturday. Go Rockets!

DeBeards likes this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Judging by the spreadsheet, league's agenda executed well…zion, the next golden egg cultivated so far so good (ez games ahead), and gonna show up in playoff w/o any doubt.
    Congrats.
    (okc is a black horse potentially)

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

IMG_20200227_083657.jpg Remaining games updated projection.

#10 deb4rockets, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    DeBeards likes this.
  11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If we're gonna pass Denver, we probably need to go no worse than 19-5 the rest of the way. Doable, but tough given we still have games at the Celtics, Lakers, Bucks, Sixers, Pacers, Mavs, and Blazers. Not to mention 3 more B2Bs which means at least 3 more games without Russ.

Remember, we have to finish ahead of the Nuggets to get the 2nd seed. We split the season series, but they have a much better conference record. And with Utah collapsing the way they are, Denver is very likely to win their division, so that tiebreaker possibility is off the table.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Man I feel like we’ve played an extreme amount of B2Bs already and we have 3 more?
    Maybe it just feels that way

bj3175 likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The edge we have is that Denver still faces 9 of the top 10 teams in the NBA, and we only face 6. It's a slight edge.

The only back to backs we have left are CHA/ORL (March 7/8), DAL/SA (April 7/8), and SA/PHO (April 12/13). I would prefer sitting Russ during the CHA game and playing him vs ORL, but it we should win regardless. I don't think we need to worry about SA and PHO. I'm honestly disappointed he went the entire season not playing back to backs, but at least we've managed making it work.

14. count_dough-ku

Just think. It used to be far worse including 4 games in 5 nights.

As far as the remaining ones, we've got at Charlotte/home Orlando, at Dallas/home San Antonio, and at San Antonio/home Phoenix.

I would assume D'Antoni plays Russ in the road games and then sits him for the home ones. The Rockets even without Russ can beat the Magic, Spurs, and Suns at Toyota Center. And the latter 2 will be in the final 7 days of the season when San Antonio and Phoenix will hopefully be looking at lottery positioning more than winning games.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Got to keep rolling. I would like to see us at the second seed (first would be fine too!) It is all about the playoffs now, and we have a chance. I didn't feel that way a few weeks ago.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. Section123row16seat1

does every team have the same amount of back to back games scheduled through out the season?

17. BigBum

BigBum Member

The concern is that Lakers are going to rest stars and give 2 wins to Clippers.

March 8

April 9

then Clippers 2 seed. Lakers have easy 2nd round playoffs.

Lakers are going to do whatever it takes to put clippers rockets together,

#17 BigBum, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Nivos likes this.
  18. count_dough-ku

It's always risky needing other teams to beat the teams you're chasing for playoff seedings in the final week of the season. The Rockets learned this firsthand last year when they lost at OKC and then got no help from Minnesota.

The Clippers in the final 9 days of the season have games at Utah, at the Lakers, and at Portland. Which on the surface looks tough, but it's possible none of those teams have anything to play for at that point. Utah could be locked into the 5th-7th seed, LA could be locked into 1st in the West with no shot at catching Milwaukee, and Portland could be out of the playoff picture or locked into 8th.

We'll see how it plays out.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. Nivos

Nivos Member

Ye that April 9th delayed game might hurt us.
    Lakers will not have any reason to play their top guys.
    It might be the one that makes the difference

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We just need the 3 seed. We can beat the Nuggets regardless of who has the home court advantage. We just don't want to see both LA teams in the playoffs. We want them playing each other in the semis.

Relativist and Elephant810 like this.