1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unsubscribe to the Ringer Podcasts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dmoneybangbang, Feb 24, 2020.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I’m normally up and arms about media bias but I listened to the latest and Simmons was actually pretty fair. He shitted on the Clippers however lol

ParaSolid likes this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

D-rock and Landsdale like this.
  3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Simmons is a huge Daryl fan, friends with him. He’s not being biased, it’s just his opinion.

Russilo is being rationale in his take as well.

Everybody chill

D-rock likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"He's not being biased"

lmfao

It's like the 4th straight podcast of them singling out how much they hate the Rockets

RudyTBag and D-rock like this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Not that it has anything to do with anything, but Bill Simmons did not get fired. In fact, he started Grantland on ESPN's platform, broke off and went independent because it was too successful, sold that, and started the Ringer..... which was recently sold for a ****ton of money. He's very, very rich and very, very successful.

Now with all that being said, he's ****ing annoying now and has become a basic ass sports hack.

rockets1995 and D-rock like this.
  6. Nivos

Nivos Member

I'm listening to them at x1.5, brings it to normal

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hes still a b****.

dmoneybangbang and HP3 like this.
  8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I like Bill and some Ringer content. Some of his people, like Haley, are insufferable. But by and large, I like the Ringer content. He’s just pissed off because we laid the smack down on Boston and locked up Tatum. Then Houston fans on Twitter assaulted him lol.

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Thank You for the Information, all this time I thought he was fired, for having a argument with ESPN workers and got fired from it. That's what I read.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol i have unsubscribed from any non rockets podcast for a few years already... the bias and hate is unlistenable and they lost all credibility with me

BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Rocket bro.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya the Rockets fan content is unbiased obviously... Naturally.

13. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

He did not sell Grantland, in fact he didn't even own Grantland, it was ESPN's, who shut it down.

That being said, I like listening to Simmons from time to time. His takes are often bad, but half the time he's just trying to be funny. I would've thought the pathetically bad "Southern" accent he did on that pod should've been a dead giveaway that he was just trolling.

lakersuck2 likes this.
  14. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I love Simmons and Russillo. I look forward to Sunday nights when they post a new episode. Their NBA knowledge and absence of an agenda is second to none. Just because they don’t root for the rockets doesn’t mean you should hate them. Gotta be better than that.

lakersuck2 and jiggyfly like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why was it a complete disaster?

He got the HBO gig right after and he is the reason 30 for 30 exist.

Grantland was one of the best sites ever.

How is that a disaster?

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Me too.

He is usually more right than wrong but he can be wrong and he usually admits it.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Or he sold it because he got 200 million.

The reason the union formed was because he was in talks to sell.

18. TimDuncanDonaut

He seems to get annoyed by Rocket fans clapping back on Twitter.

For media reporters types, Twitter seems to be almost mandatory. Simmons can use it for things like following news, plug his stuff and still gives his takes.

But he doesn't have to go back and forth with fans of other teams. That's something he chooses to partake to a nth degree.

Cutting some of that stuff can make digital Life simpler and his anlysis less skewed, whether he realizes it or not.

Thoughtful in-depth b-ball conversation isn't meant with a 280 character limit.

#58 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    amaru likes this.
  19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

What is it with people these days that can’t take criticism?

He’s saying he doesn’t like watching us. That’s an opinion. He had a guy on next to him that notoriously doesn’t like the rockets and has taken a softer stance

He says we fizzle out in the playoffs. Is that wrong? He says harden shoots a lot of free throws and that’s boring to watch. I like it cuz I’m a fan, but I get that if your not a rockets person.

I don’t see what the outrage is all about

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sure. But that’s why I take issue with your stance that he isn’t being biased. He clearly is. You said so yourself just now in this post.

It’s one thing to not like watching us. I don’t care. But he clearly has let it affect his “analysis” of us, and it’s clearly due to his strange rage against the Rockets. Not that he’s knowledgeable about basketball in the first place. It’s not surprising that his proclamation that the Rockets were doomed to fail with small ball was immediately proven wrong.

clutchdabear and dmoneybangbang like this.