1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 2/22/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 21, 2020.

1. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I got you next game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Same here. I love Ben-Mac. He is still young, but for a high draft pick a few years ago, dude was nearly out of the league. I hope he remembers the Rockets as the team who gave him a chance to salvage his career on his next contract.

rhee, joshuaao, RudyTBag and 3 others like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That was brilliantly done.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Just got to watch the whole game. Saw that Bogdanovic elbow to Westbrook.

Are you fkn kidding me? That was a common foul!? No wonder Westbrook gets heated and goes after players. Refs won’t do their jobs!

#1184 TheRealAllpro, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  5. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Russ is gasoline on this Rockets-Jazz rivalry fire. He's absolutely loving this stuff.

hakeem94, King1, ilovehtownbb and 4 others like this.
  6. Voltik

Voltik Member

The 2nd half lineup was Green, Ben, Rivers, Gordon, Harden. It’s the super small ball lineup that features 2 non defensive minded players that I think will get exploited the most. I don’t see much benefit in the lineup, maybe offensively. The one thing I don’t like about MDA the most is the stubbornness for sticking to set lineups without much adjustments.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We ran that for literally 1 minute and 14 seconds, with an 8-0 run.

What exactly are you talking about?? I know you're talking about the 5-minute, 1st half lineup without Harden....but what other lineup in the second half???

It's too early to say this is true with our 10 legit NBA players, that we just secured.

He's feeling out the second unit right now. And he even said last night that he pulled Ben early in 1st Half as an adjustment.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The Jazz commentators for the most part were decent in the game. A few plays here and there of saltiness.

But they were absolutely idiotic trying to argue that Bogdanovic was just trying to foul him.

Not once in the 23 years I’ve played basketball have I ever gone to foul someone beating me by not grabbing them and wrapping my arm around them.

Not once in numerous years of watching multiple games daily, have I ever seen someone try to stop a play be extending his elbow into the midsection of another player.

It was 100% a dirty play and should have warranted a flagrant, the fact the referees watched it over and over again and come to the conclusion it’s an ordinary foul with no malice is the bigger issue.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Again with the BS narrative. Playing all small was an experiment, MDA is figuring out his rotation combinations.

Rockets made better adjustments than Jazz. A lot of adjustments smell of panic and desperation, making the right adjustments is better than making constant changes.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jazz already looking for ways to avoid Rockets and Mavs.

Loser mentality. LOL

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is how the final standings will end...

1. Lakers
    2. Rockets
    3. Nuggets
    4. Jazz
    5. Clippers
    6. Mavericks
    7. Thunder
    8. Pelicans.

BigShasta, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  13. Caprah

Caprah Member

And people want this brilliant once in a generation type coach gone. Who is going to replace him? Ty lue Lol please

Patience and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I like Clips and Grizz better than you do but agree that Rockets will be 2nd or 1st seed.

jcmoon likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

"The Rockets are executing so well offensively, their defense will determine what kind of contender they can be. The switching does tend to make teams either turn the ball over, often when trying to force the ball inside, or to go one-on-one too often. As much as is made about the small lineup optimizing what the Rockets do offensively, it suits them defensively."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...-Takeaways-from-Rockets-win-over-15077593.php

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Anybody got a link to the Russ dunk when he went coast to coast and around Ingles for the dunk. It was right before halftime

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I know the Rockets can get the 1 seed but I don't have confidence in this league to easily allow the Lakers to lose so many games. However I do believe in a playoff series we can beat them if we played due to the league just letting both teams go at it at that point.

Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  18. YaoMingsSoulja

That was pretty awesome. Would love to see that again. He is truly a blur when those after burners come one :D

D-rock likes this.
  19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

@Cstyle42 i really hope Houston doesn’t get okc first round, I rather they play Utah

mac_got_this and jcmoon like this.
  20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I hear you but we know Chris Pull will be gimpy by then..

D-rock likes this.