1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fascist tries to kill civilians for political beliefs/Most media ignores it

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Feb 12, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Nothing more imposing than a warning with a Xi Jinping avatar bearing down upon me.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Leave Xi alone. He's on a pure honey diet.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Ya'll know dachuda is just trolling you guys right?

[​IMG]

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Bear are carnivoran mammals of the family Ursidae. They are classified as caniforms, or doglike carnivorans. Although only eight species of bears are extant, they are widespread, appearing in a wide variety of habitats throughout the Northern Hemisphere and partially in the Southern Hemisphere.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

fascism has come to mean "stuff i don't like that i deliberately exaggerate" *cough*, at its core though, if you read their own writing, the main principle upon what it was all held together was subjectivism (this is how communism was their enemy, pre ww2, until it was their ally, early ww2, until;it was their enemy again, late ww2, and none of the people even stopped to question it, because truth was simply about pragmatism within this belief system),

But that doesn't survive much today because academia has been promoting a similar level of subjectivism since the 1960's and the last thing they want is people comparing what the fascists believed with what they do because it's awfully similar in a lot of awkward places, so instead they try to define it by various symptoms that aren't unique which serves to only confuse people more (it'd be like describing coronavirus by only its symptoms and none of its traits, which would leave people being unable to differentiate it from the flu), which is how someone would for example consider Stalin to be fascistic, despite being completely contradictory to what Stalin's world view actually was.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I travel

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

People don't use the word democracy to describe Russia. It has a meaning.

You and @dachuda86 have greatly expanded the use of the word beyond what it actually means. It's one thing to describe a republic as a democracy, it's an entirely another to describe any kind of oppression as fascist.

da_juice likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You also double dribble.

Buck Turgidson and JuanValdez like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Damn, you've seen me play?

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

again, I simply entered this conversation (and in hindsight, that was probably my first mistake) to offer a broad definition. There is perhaps no term quite so difficult to define in political theory. Hence the effort to try and offer an account of what most definitions seem to share in common.

on the definition problem: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_fascism
    on left-wing fascism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_fascism
    on the example of eco-fascism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecofascism
    on the broad use of the term in popular culture: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascist_(insult)

and what Orwell said about the term ( https://orwell.ru/library/articles/As_I_Please/english/efasc ):

...the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else ... Except for the relatively small number of Fascist sympathisers, almost any English person would accept ‘bully’ as a synonym for ‘Fascist’. That is about as near to a definition as this much-abused word has come.​

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

So, Jesus was a fascist when he expelled the money changers from the temple. Now I get it.

The word means whatever we want it to mean.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

This is my point, expanding the word to the broad guardrails makes it a useless word that is essentially just a dog whistle. But what made the Nazis fascists was not the broader definition - it was the narrow one that made them the epitome of fascism.

The issue is that when we talk about eco-fascism, it would conjure up a world where a groups rounds up whales and exterminates them and then goes on to conquer countries and put anyone who is seen as a "polluter" in the gas chamber. But instead it's mean to refer to the culling of snake populations in the broader definition. Which one of these is more closely aligned to the fascism of Mussolini and Hitler?

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Here's a real fascist

/

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Shh you might trigger some people

da_juice likes this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Those money changers went down like little punks.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Glad you picked up on that cheetah. Your type of humor. Did I ever tell you about how Christopher Robin is actually a representation of Benito Mussolini and Tigger is Hitler before art school?

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

#377 Sweet Lou 4 2, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    da_juice likes this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

You strike me as the type of person who likes the Passion of the Christ for the violence but completely misses what the New Testament is about.
    You also- based on your posts throughout the board (not just the D&D) strike me as someone who cheers when the other team has an injury in football.

If we run into each other at a Rockets, UGA, or XFL game please don't sit in my section. Or if you do, don't be surprised if I "accidentally" spill a beer on you.

And before you post some dribble about how you can kick my ass...keep in mind I'm a black belt, travel in packs, carry my great great uncle's knife (USMC, D-Day landing. Buried in Arlington. The thing's rusty but still cuts well), and fight dirty.

Peace Love and James Harden,

Mike

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.