1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecticut Girl Track Athletes Fighting To Get Transgenders Off Their Track

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Feb 14, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Abnormaloties with genome are abnormalities. You are a science denier. Also one must look at evolutionary science and the role biological sex plays. Its purpose. You dismiss such basic facts but you are using small irregularities in the very specifically purposed, very much binary, reproduction system.

That science you deny aside.... what about the rights of normal people who want traditional society? How dare they eh? Just because a few people have mental problems they have to play along and call them something they are not and treat them like it? Sorry compelled speech is bullshit. And taking freedom and forcing this delusion on people is wrong and the antithesis of liberal democracy.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Abnormalities such as allowing someone to grow to seven feet tall or be 300 lbs with less than 20% body fat? Sports are full of people who are out of the norm.

As far as denying science you sound like the people who condemned Galileo defending an orthodoxy. Science doesn't support a binary gender as has already been repeatedly stated. As far as compelled speech I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic that you started. As far as I'm aware no one is compelling you to speak here.

malakas and da_juice like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Just a follow up on my earlier post regarding equality in competition. In my sport Judo and in a few other sports we have allowed women to compete against men in situations where the women do not have, or they don't feel like they have, equal competition in the women's division.

Also for the record I have coached a trans athlete, male to female, who competed against women and men. She didn't dominate the men's or women's division which had more to do with the quality of the opponents she faced than with any innate biological advantage.

malakas and da_juice like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

These are male high school transexuals. What science are you talking about? The only thing they've done is said they identify as girls.

They haven't gone to a doctor and had a study on their chromosomes. Im talking about some transexuals in CT running high school track.

Regardless on the subject of boys vs girls, you don't need your chromosomes studied to identify as the opposite sex

You, me, anyone else in the thread, the subjects of the thread, don't know **** about their chromosomes.

5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Well the OP keeps on accusing others of being science deniers. Have you asked him if he knows anything about their chromosomes?

{edit} Pgabriel my apology. I just checked the first page of this thread and you are the OP. I had mixed up you and Dachuda because when I looked at the first page the first thing that caught my eye was the pic of Galileo.

pgabriel likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If f there was science backing the transexuals up i would entertain this argument. Secondly i already agreed with you on people having these biological issues in the post you responded to. That being said, neither of these transexuals take hormone pills

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think @cml calling a transgender girl a boy is a bigger issue than transgender girls in sports.

I feel there is a path here but it's just not entirely known yet. Clearly if someone maintains a hormone level below a certain threshold their musculature is going to adjust to the gender - it's a question of how long though.

And ultimately, sports is never going to be a level playing field. If a male naturally can put on muscle faster than another else, and thereby wins competitions no one says it is unfair. At the high school level, if you create a set of standards that cover hormone levels for a given period of time it is unlikely to impart too much of an advantage for what high schools sports is suppose to be - encouraging a positive experience through excellence.

8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

What absurdly good WNBA player wouldn't want their clitoris to grow into a penis and their ovaries to drop and form into testicles so they could potentially earn $1 billion in their playing career in the N B A?

#108 Sanctity, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    da_juice likes this.
  9. likestohypeguy

Astrodome, tinman and cml750 like this.
  10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

How about body building females that weight train to the point that they stop menstruating, have an Adam's apple and that weird long ().. They can't run track for Connecticut Women's Teams?

#110 Sanctity, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    tinman and da_juice like this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

shhhh you're ruining their circle jerk

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Make a new category for them.

That's the logical choice.

I mean, you can't have Lebron and KD join the WNBA.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

On the nature of unfairness, especially in elite sports (really, in a non-elite setting, it's not so much about winning or losing but fears of "trans") ...

The argument is that transwomen have men's body, and that's unfair. That's true. We know that men and women have different body types and have traditionally separate sports between men and women. But not always - see women kicker in football. However, that's completely acceptable since she's at a disadvantage, but maybe not so (perhaps women's body is better for accuracy - who knows). But I digress a bit.

Back to body differences and unfairness.

Black and white have distinct differences in body types. But we accept that. It doesn't mean that blacks win at all men's sports (of course they don't), but they do win at a higher rate at certain sports (basketball, track and field, and so on). It's okay because we accept the differences and we have label for who won. A black athletic from Jamaica! Woohoo.

How big of a difference is that from saying we accept transgender in women's sport and they win with a label?

Both have advantages due to their body types. Both were once excluded due to their race or sex, and have won over inclusion (not so much for transgender - thought the IOC 2015 allow transgender in women sport with some criteria). I do see the unfairness but our society has done this at least once, has moved on. Why are we drawing a harder line at transgender?

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Jontro
    The answer is to make that a separate section

they do this on non sports sites

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

All of them; seriously, what the ****?

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This is the type of s**t that pisses me off, people try to cast off anybody that disagrees as bigoted in some way. I completely support trans rights in every regard, and have no "fear" of them whatsoever.

I don't think a person born biologically male should ever get to compete with women. Sure as hell not somebody who is merely identifying as female.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The question of fairness is weird. We aren't born equal regardless.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This is true, sports are inherently unfair.

So if we want to pursue that option get rid of women's sports altogether. If they can't compete with men, too bad.

pgabriel and dmoneybangbang like this.