1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Jeff Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 17, 2020.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

D’Antoni traditionally does a great job with streaky guys like this though.

Eddie House, Tim Thomas, Barbosa, Gerald Green.

Have a feeling we got a D’Antoni favorite here like MC Ben.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because MDA favors guys who can play, especially efficiently in his system.

saleem, fckbandwagons and RudyTBag like this.
  3. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

He looks good. Hopefully it keeps up as he's always been a streaky player.

Let's not get Kelvin Cato'd again!!

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't get carried away, folks. Jeff Green isn't going to shoot 80% from 3 every night.

ElDobleK, D-rock and Lurch like this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Draymond gets 6 boards ain't like he is much better

roslolian, D-rock and saleem like this.
  6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Holy cow!! Are you for real! I am totally blown away by this prediction

Erbnwarfare, arabrocket, Easy and 4 others like this.
  7. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

we don’t need him to tho which is the beautiful thing about the nice little collection of players Morey has pulled off.

Roco, Green, B Mac , House, Carrol

just 2 out of those five need to be on any given night and the Rockets can go far!

Easy, roslolian, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  8. Mr. Space City

Bench role players are inconsistent. More expert analysis once we come back from the break.

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Never been a fan of Jeff Green's game, but he looked good tonight. He doesn't have to be this good every night to contribute. Hell, just giving PJ some rest at the 5 will be a difference maker.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

None of the role players have to shoot 80% from anywhere but the FT stripe .... All they have to do is shoot a reasonable ~35-37% and they win more often than not. They just can't shoot worse than that in more than 3 times in a 7 game series and this team has a chance to beat anyone.

On nights those guys shoot 80% .... its gonna lead to blowouts.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

You and Big Bum need to trade statuses.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

GSW is in contention for the best pick, we got 'em good.

JuNx likes this.
  13. leangle25

leangle25 Member

14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

thought he's been outta league since dec? When's the last time he saw action with Utah anyway? He looked much sharper than Carroll for sure.

D-rock likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

this guy is going to be a huge get in the playoffs

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I guess Green replaces Thabo in the foreseeable shortened rotation

I wouldn’t mind Green starting with tucker harden west and Covington. Daniel House shouldn’t be guaranteed a starting spot but he should be in the rotation because he can play with pace and runs the floor good. House Gordon BMac Rivers off the bench with spot minutes for Carroll

joshuaao, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Green in front of House makes too much sense. Longer, better ball handler and finishes at rim so much easier.

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

I don't care about the 17 points to be honest. I wasn't surprised by that at all. He can score double-digit points and has done so his whole career and has done a lot of it as a wing player. Funny how huge he looks on our team because of small ball when early in his career he was considered too small to even play the PF spot. In the new NBA "tweeners" are not necessarily a bad thing with Draymond Green and PJ Tucker showing you can still play winning basketball with the right combination of players.

Being a legit sized player and being able to play center with his skill set is a huge plus for this team. I said it before, he possesses skills at center that none of the other guys on the roster have. Being able to handle the ball all the way above the 3 point line, shoot the 3, attack the basket, and finish above the rim. His ability to do all these things while playing at the center for us is something people didn't realize was special because we haven't had a guy like that. It adds a whole new wrinkle and dynamic to the offense. This is why I wanted him in the first place when we dropped Gary Clark. He has been more of an offensive threat than PJ for the entirety of his career. He doesn't need to average 17 points, he just needs to be able to play a solid 20 minutes of ball to give PJ rest and he is capable of doing that.

One negative, I would like to see him play with a little more urgency. There were a few moments defensively where I thought he could have given a little more effort and was kind of lethargic so I'll keep my eye on that. I think if he can raise his intensity and attention to detail defensively, he will lock down his place in the rotation quite easily.

And a side note, Mike D briefly went with a lineup that consisted of Tucker and Green. I thought that was interesting.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I will not be suckered into Jeff Green. No way. No how. No chance.

Him at small by 5 is kind of interesting, though!!

D-rock and vator like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think either PJ or Green should be on the floor at C as long as it's not a blowout in either direction. Green is good enough to warrant his own minutes, and having PJ play only 30 minutes a night will be a GIANT key to this year's playoffs.