1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I go from losing it, to feeling better, to losing it, to feeling better...the moment of losing it for me today was when Lebron decided to give his 2 cents. He is so unaware of himself. Cant stand anytime he opens his mouth.

2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I am with you. I have been watching the UH basketball games lately mainly on ESPN. Half of the time they are running a story on the bottom of the screen about the Astros. Nothing positive. All negative. It's distracting and it takes a toll after a while. So many other teams have and are doing what we have been accused of and apparently caught doing. And they are going back to tarnish something that we accomplished that for Astro fans is a once in a lifetime experience.

I am in my 60's and have been a lifetime Astro fan back to the days of the Toy Cannon, Dierker, JR Richard, Doug Rader, Terry Puhl, Roger Metzger, Jesus Alou, Bob Watson, and others. Now that they have decided to go all in in destroying the Astros, when is this madness going to come to an end? The Astro players are going to catch hell everywhere we play this year. And I think there will be some safety issues. I would love nothing more than our team to come out and put together an historic season. I think we are capable of it but don't know that it will be possible with the distraction this sign stealing mess has turned into.

lw17, marks0223, SS0101 and 3 others like this.
  3. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Same here buddy! I keep telling myself its only a game and that we didnt kill anybody. Everyone is acting like the Astros started WW3 or introduced the Corona virus

Chilly_Pete, lw17, texans1095 and 2 others like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Said it before...we were obviously stealing their batting signs too.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Same. Keep trying to detatch myself from this mess but like a gluton for punishment my eyes are glued to this thread.

Once again: **** you Mike Fiers.

6. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

When Altuve gets his first walk off hit this year, I kinda hope he strips completely down and yells “is this what you f***ing want!?!” to the camera.

Also unrelated thought, but screw Gerrit Cole. He’s right in the middle of the storm and hasn’t attempted to quell the anger one bit.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I honestly hope they do throw at our guys. Do it every game. Give this team even more incentive to play their absolute best baseball this season. Let’s see how that works out for you guys.

Also, I’ve said it before but every time Fiers steps on the mound I hope the opposing manager asks the umpires to check his glove for substances.

texans1095 likes this.
  8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Just strip the damn title already. It’s painfully obvious this team went above and beyond in their transgressions. While it’s not hard to believe that other teams partook in some form of illegal sign stealing, it’s almost unfathomable to believe that anyone went to the extremes we did. And honestly, the more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. Our very first title ever and it was won, at least in part, by rampant cheating. And even if it wasn’t, it won’t make a difference to literally anyone outside of Houston. We’ve made enemies w every damn team, practically every damn player and every fan base. And all while we had a team that was in all likelihood good enough to win it all without the cheating. Just imagine if the MLB investigation finds out the Red Sox didn’t cheat anywhere near the extreme we did?? Then what?

Honestly, we should all feel jipped.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Handles

Handles Member

Then we move on with our lives. Personally I’ll keep rooting for the Astros. I’m on board for the redemption tour. If people give you crap for it and call us cheaters just say something like “Yeah, we cheated, you should try it sometime.” Then just laugh off whatever salt they throw next and continue with your life.

macho GRANDE and RayRay10 like this.
  11. alethios

alethios Member

Believe me when I say that this is not in MLB's best interest. If they strip the WS title, the little crack in the dam will break wide open and MLB will suffer an even worse PR nightmare than singling out the Astros. This is about damage control and preventing a bad situation from becoming worse.

texans1095 likes this.
  12. msn

msn Member

No.

Chilly_Pete, Nook and BigM like this.
  13. msn

msn Member

14. Buck Turgidson

Well this is just ****ing brilliant. It's almost like these assclowns are deliberately trying to destroy the game of baseball.

That pretty much sums it up.

mikol13, DVauthrin, Nook and 3 others like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Buck Turgidson

Who will protect the Houston girls from Mike Fiers?

How Manfred keeps his job beyond this year (month?) is inexplicable to me.

mikol13, astros123, joshuaao and 6 others like this.
  18. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Manfred is a crook. All there is to it.

mikol13 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Man they need to start playing basketball.

Spring training opening up coinciding with this NBA and NFL dead period means there is absolute jack s**t for the national media to talk about right now.

everyday eddie and RayRay10 like this.
  20. msn

msn Member

I read the MLBPA statement, and I don't see the big problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.