1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/7/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Double post just because your stupid little sly comment won’t go unnoticed just the way you wanted it to.

I ain’t a fan win or lose hey, disregard the fact I am currently in Texas to once again watch the Rockets after flying halfway around the world.

Just admit. You’re wrong. Again. Constantly.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro, we it , you have a harden hate boner. He's not gonna stop being the best player no matter how badly you want it.

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

As I said, Harden has no control over his teammates missing wide open shots.

Don't give me that crap about Westbrook. He's had plenty of inefficient shooting nights for the Rockets. It's not a coincidence since Harden's constant half court double teams that Westbrook's gone on this stretch of where he's been way more efficient. He's been allowed way more space to do what he wants. He's never been allowed that amount of space before, hence why he's constantly scoring 30 plus every game now. He can thank James Harden's double teaming for that.

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just put your pants back on and act like a grownup already.

DeBeards likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Schizophrenic much?

DeBeards and lionaire like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Silver lining, Mavs lost to Wizards, Jazz are struggling with Portland. Miami lost to Kings.

Tfor3 and DeBeards like this.
  7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Not every team are going to start the game with 19/22 from the FG and 9/12 from the 3pt. And we're certainly not going to shoot as terribly as we did in that first and 2nd quarter (besides Harden tonight) most nights. Small ball wasn't the problem tonight.

8. JackLordsHair66

I suppose, kinda like this team I guess ... I said last night, this small ball stuff is only going to work if we are hitting a high percentage of our 3's every night,so tonight we don't have a great inside threat w/o Russ (James settled for the 3 a lot more than going inside and was even blocked 2/3 X when he did) and so if Russ isn't there that only leaves Rivers and Ego to penetrate and one was missing after the 1st and the other was just meh. I just don't see this small ball idea working very well with the roster of shooters we have that's all. I suppose it't pointless to b**** because we are stuck with it at this point but long term I don't see it winning us a championship and frankly not sure it wins many playoff games either ... I get your point though...

D-rock and buffalobills!!! like this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Back to back...dead legs..letdown...no Russ...pretty predictable.

Bo6, pr0wler, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  10. H-town Ballistics

You def cannot play small ball with westbrook out of the lineup. On days that you have westbrook resting, our centers need to play.

11. JackLordsHair66

We didn't rebound very well at all either and that IS a small ball concern. We were on the way to being lopsidedly out-rebounded last night except LA went small in the second half and we made up some ground on them and only ended up -1 there,so it could have been two nights in a row. With small ball if you aren't hitting your shots you aren't likely to get many second opportunities and how sustainable is that on offense ? Tonight that difference was significant and small ball cannot account for that unless we are trading 3 for 2 and we shot like ass tonight... i wouldn't have cared if we lost a single digit game w/o Russ, and then Ego, based on those two being out, tired legs/back to back, the emotion of winning last night with all the media hype etc etc etc , but we got stomped and where was that defense we had last night ? That's why I am skeptical of the small ball strategy just has too many things that depend on absolute consistency and we don't have that with this roster/ these players...

I get that this is knee jerk so my apologies for that, just a disappointing loss tonight

bro2044 likes this.
  12. Asian Sensation

So he had a 1/3 of the teams turnovers but no big deal? When your ball dominant superstar can only muster a measly 5 assists to counter for his 5 turnovers that’s a recipe for a loss.

16 assists to 15 turnovers overall for a team
    that went all in on small ball. That’s funny. And some of you guys wonder why “the media” hates us/doubts us/doesn’t respect us.

manlisten likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

These fking harden haters are pretty annoying, they out in full force whenever we take an L. Didn't see these trolls when we beat the lakers yesterday.

Roomba, Tfor3, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  14. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Yall watching Portland vs Utah?

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

We actually objectively don't.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

The suns basically went small and that’s when we got blown the hell out.

18. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I have never understood the people that pin rocket players against one another. The whatever only fans makes no sense .I am happy when harden does well and I am happy when Westbrook does well. They are both different players and benefit the rockets on different manner. We need both to succeed if we have any chance.

19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Damn it!
    I just cant get it why we dunt let our key players sit right after a worn out game against lal, and give young players say harty some minutes to learn.
    I begin to show my respect to MDA but strategically he is less wise comparing w/ pop who smart enough to let go some worthless games like this second game of a back to back, suns not even in the playoff picture!…now EGo got injured

kjayp likes this.
  20. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Get yo b**** ass on. How am I a Harden hater? Cause I pointed on he was part of the problem? Smh