1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

put up or shut up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tbui, Mar 18, 2004.

1. tbui

tbui Member

It's time to play Put up or Shut up Houston Rockets Style. I may pull a Ric Bucher but I'm going to say this. I believe the Houston Rockets will be the seventh seed in the West. Being seventh, the Rockets will meet the Minnesota Timberwolves in the first round and eliminate the Wolves, making it the Wolves' seventh straight first round playoff exit.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ummmmmm What the hell is this thread about? Is there a point? :confused:

3. Sane

Sane Member

I really really really doubt the Wolves will be second seed by the end of the season.

Currently, the Wolves are just 2 games up on the Lakers. The Lakers have played more road games than any NBA team at this point in the season, and have an easy remaining schedule. Wouldn't be surprised if they won all but a few (2 or 3).

So before you make your predictions, maybe you should take a look at Minnesota and LA's schedules and decide who you think will be 2nd by then.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

well, atleast we matchup well against the Lakers too. I just hope the slipping Mavs don't move up, or us down. Same with the Spurs.

5. Jeff Gundy

Jeff Gundy Member

I thought that Minnesota would be the #2 seed if they won the Midwest Division, no matter how many games back they were in comparison to LA.

6. tbui

tbui Member

Uprising, this is the same point as in the ESPN Fastbreak show. And the same point that is in every sports article, every sportscenter interview every SI editorial. It's PTI, sports reporters, ESPN hotseat. It's meant to spark debate on the people and events in sports. Now if you say it's silly sometimes to be discussing about sports theen I agree with you. It's much ado about nothing. But it's fun much ado about nothing and that's why people talk about sports. That's why I do it. So if you don't understand this, then you shouldn't be in this forum or read any sports articles, or watch ESPN.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lakers can't be second unless they pass Sacramento for 1st in the Pacific and the Timberwolves stay ahead of both the Lakers and the Kings. I think, most likely, the Lakers won't be seeded #2.

8. Sane

Sane Member

In that case, I should be the one to shut up.

9. rockets688

rockets688 Member

It as if at this point that we'll play the Timberwolves in the first round. Following that series, the winner or the 1-8 series (Kings, Nuggets) will play the winner of the 4-5 series, leaving this matchup: 2/7 vs. 4/6. Conceivably, 4-6 could end up being San Antonio, which means that SHOULD we win against Minnesota (much weirder things have happened) we face either Dallas, Memphis, or San Antonio. With the exception of San Antonio, neither team plays defense all too well, and we all know that defense wins in the postseason. As for San Antonio, we match up rather favorably with them, and we've beaten all three teams at least once in the regular season -- always a good sign.

So with a little bit of luck and a lot less turnovers, the Rockets could go deeper into these playoffs than, well, not go into them at all.