1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 2/6/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't think Daryl can spell complacent. As for the win in LA's backyard drawing the attention of some good buyout players, assuming they hit the market? It certainly won't hurt.

2. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and yixiixiy like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Oompa Loompa Ball for the win!!!! Reinventing the game!!

[​IMG]

4. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

They still get rings.

Really surprised they didn't move iHart out yesterday. I hope he works on his 3 pt shooting and his defense.

ak99999 likes this.
  5. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

I was listening to this, dumbfounded, as well. Since when do the stars of each team not have the pressure to perform. If the top guys dont do what they do, guess what, its most likely an L.
    Haters gonna hate.

Section123row16seat1 and smp like this.
  6. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

Never seen such positivity from cheke64

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'll loan you some books. "War and Peace"? "1984"? "Don Quixote"?
    You must recover what you lost!

VivaChelseaFC and hakeem94 like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

wb deserves credit for accepting and acknowledging a role that weeds out his weaknesses, especially after being in the league 11+ years. that's pretty much uncharted territory for a player like him to suddenly make such a significant change. mda/morey and co deserve credit for making the move to actually go all in on actually playing to wb/harden's strengths with a now better fit team. Instead of believing CC would work here with them. if the rockets can add 1/2 guys that can raise this ceiling, this could be pretty interesting come may/june.

tilman deserves no credit for not maximizing some available room for additional players just to be LTS champs 2.0. lol

#1829 YOLO, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Gray_Jay and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Turnovers and rebounds were about even. Lakers had way more assists and I would assume a lot more points in the paint so their shots were easier but worth less as the Rockets won by hitting their 3s at 45%.

At 45% on typical Houston volume we win that game Capela or small ball. MDA needs to work on how to increase the turnover differential so we increase our possessions when we shoot closer to our average from 3.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Lol BraBra on Twitter absolutely roasting everyone who doubted or clowned on us yesterday.

hakeem94 and RasaqBoi like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is one of the ways the rockets aggregate losing the rebounding battle. more often than not, the rockets will essentially lose that battle. that should be just obvious and expected now. Concede might be too strong of a word for it but it's something they won't go dwell too much over. what they're focused on now is keeping the turnovers much less and winning the pts off of creating to's that creates extra possessions for hou.

bro2044 and marky :) like this.
  13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Saw it on reddit but I love the nickname "Pocket Rockets".

I think my favorite part of this game was Westbrook only had 2 3PA's and still dropped 40.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Really nice win. Most impressed with the defensive effort. Outside of that 5 or 6 game stretch really early in the season, that was the best effort from the squad all season.

Covington looks to be a great fit. If we play defense like this every night, we will do really well. We will still have to hit a high percentage of 3s against the elite teams to have a chance too though.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right about now a Lakers fan's wife is responding to her grumpy husband spouting off across the room from the breakfast nook about losing to small ball Rockets with PJ at center last night giphy (18).gif

hakeem94 and Remlap like this.
  17. Remlap

Remlap Member

ALL that talk about how their BIG team was going to grind us into powder
    and they outrebounded us by ONE! 1 more rebound than US!
    And apparently that 1 was just a fluke RB before the final buzzer

WAY TO STAND TALL guys. This was an amazing effort
    Good job coach!

HookemHorns1250 and hakeem94 like this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I try to give credit where credit is due... as aforementioned...

If we play stupid - I complain... If we play smart - I acknowledge....

If I am freely giving credit in this instance... maybe my past complaints were warranted as well...

My question... why the turnaround? This game had a good rotation, good minute and shot disbursement, timely timeouts ... I even agreed with the challenge... I still woulda liked to work iHart on the floor for some limited minutes - but you cant have it all... but overall a solid coaching job this game... Idk why the turnaround - but hopefully we continue to play smart...

bro2044 and Little Bit like this.
  19. Remlap

Remlap Member

MDA, Russ and Harden haters had no ammo. NICE!

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Amen to this.
    This year has been weird for me in that I really hadn’t enjoyed watching the games as much. I’ve honestly missed a few out of laziness or lack of prioritizing, which would have never happened before.

Maybe it’s because I didn’t think we stood a chance of winning 4 consecutive playoff series. Not saying we do now. But I needed this trade/story to make it fun again. We weren’t winning the chip as we were before, so why not change it up, have fun and take a gamble to try and change our chances.

Rockets Basketball Baby!

bro2044 and hakeem94 like this.