1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reviewing Boki's pre-draft description

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tedwhite, Mar 18, 2004.

1. tedwhite

tedwhite Member

[​IMG]

NBA Comparison: Peja Stojakovic

Strengths: Another sweet shooting European SF. Combines great athleticism with good intelligence. Very smooth player with offensive skill and court sense. Great understanding of the game and plays under control and with great competitiveness. Runs the floor very well and can get off the floor well and finish. Can actually create off the dribble and his ball handling ability is good and looks like it can become very good. Is still prone to having his pocket picked, but his handles are adept for a SF. Will be able to help a team right away as he is probably more NBA ready than any player in the draft after becoming one of the key players on a Final Four Euroleague team, Benneton Treviso. Has range on his shot. He is the real deal. Not the shooter of Peja, but a more fluid athlete.
    -------------------------
    If he was so ready why's he always on the bench?

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

those guys also said yao was a big project who would take years

the pre-draft description for both was completely wrong.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Too bad Boki can't get off the bench to prove them right or wrong.

DD

4. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

I know I was bashing Boki but now I really do want to see him get some minutes and confidence.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The only way Nachbar will get minutes is when he DOES get a chance to play, perhaps next season, he BETTER be able to hit the jumper. That is an absolute must. If he can't extend the defense then JVG would rather just put Adrian Griffin in the game for defensive purposes. Nachbar has to be able to deliver something to the team. If he can't slash to the basket AND finish on drives or if he cant hit the 3ptrs to loosen up the zone for Yao, then he wont play. It is that simple.

6. Sane

Sane Member

JVG will not let Boki play because Boki is not a good defensive player and is not an Ex-Knick.

If you don't fit one of these 2 descriptions, then you should always keep your bags packed.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree Sane....

JVG needs to try out Pike, Boke and Padget more often.

Padget and Pike especially.

DD

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When Boki has had his chances, he has never shot well.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Padgett, Pike, Nachbar -> making 3ptrs = playing time.

10. Toast

Toast Member

I dunno if that's funny or sad.

11. Compgeek

Compgeek Member

Consider our backcourts do their warm-up shooting during the game, can we blame Boki for being cold during the few minutes he's on court? :rolleyes:

12. Compgeek

Compgeek Member

Give the guy a chance. His dribble and drive to basketball looks at least more elogant than you-know-who. ;)

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

if Jim Jackson weren't such a stud Boki would probably be starting, or at least splitting time at the 3.

You can see flashes of real talent when Boki drives to the hoop during the garbage minutes that he's allowed to play.

14. ihatehyena

ihatehyena Member

European player won't thrive in JVG' team. Generally, their dense is not so good when they come to NBA. This is not allowed by JVG. On the other hand, their offensive talent will not be fully utilized, because that's beyond JVG's imagination. Suppose Peja or Dirk were in JVG's team, they won't have that much chance to be all-stars.

15. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I really wish that he can get to rotation with JJ on SF. I remember last month , he came off the bench on a trash minutes and put in 8 pts for 9 minutes.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

going by playing time padge might be starting aginst gs. if oakley gets playing time over boki in thart game we will know for definate there is no future for boki on this team.

17. tbui

tbui Member

Nachbar is a very mediorcre player. He is what you would call a borderline NBA player, on the fringe of being cut. Despite his flashes of talent, Bastjan Nachbar is well, Bastjan Nachbar. Perhaps he was more explosive in Europe relative to the European players, but Nachbar is a very slow player in the NBA. His defensive skills are weak because he does not move well laterally. His jumpshot and three point shot can be improved in the future, but I really don't see anything in him. I have yet to see him adept at creating-- either driving to the basket or pulling up for a jumpshot.

18. Sane

Sane Member

I truly believe that if Dirk was drafted onto a JVG team, that Dirk would never become the star he is today.

With all my heart I believe that.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

WOW....an actual rational analysis of nachbar. i'm sure people will find something to bash about this.

20. Sane

Sane Member

Just because it's similar to your OPINION doesn't make it any more rational than anyone else's OPINION.