1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Jordan Bell for Memphis Bruno Caboclo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Feb 6, 2020.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

**** the haters, I like it. LET'S GOOOOOO

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Absolutely. Name a center in the league who can guard him reasonably well. Maybe Anthony Davis? Otherwise, I'll hang up and listen.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I dont know if you got the memo, but the team was sold to a cheapskate by the name of Shillman Fercheapa

slothy420 likes this.
  4. TheJet

TheJet Member

I don't post much here often but I do still check in and lurk. That being said, some of the reactions to this Capela trade ordeal seem pretty extreme.

I see a few of the same points posted multiple times across threads but it doesn't seem like people are bothering to listen to some very valid replies. I'm paraphrasing here so bear with me, but:

Complaint - We gave up too much/Clint is better than what we got back
    Reply - Clint's value is proportionate to his usefulness, not necessarily raw stats, salary, etc. Also, after acquiring Westbrook the direction of the team has changed.

This makes perfect sense to me. For one, you'll never get a top tier wing/guard for a traditional center straight up. That's like trading the best NFL fullback and expecting to get a top WR in return. And considering how the PnR usage has changed since Westbrook arrived Capela's usefulness to the Rockets has been waning significantly. Again, the team philosophy has changed, dramatically reducing Clint's value. At face value the trade may look awful, but if you consider all the other factors it makes sense.

Complaint - We keep picking up players we've already had...Talent evaluation stinks
    Reply - These aren't the same skill players we had as rookies/G-league prospects

I think most of these posts are tongue in cheek but I included it anyway. Some players make a huge splash and never improve. Some improve steadily over time. Some start awful and then make big strides after a few seasons. So many variables determine a player's growth that it's damn near impossible to predict who will do what, when and where. I player X was a decent prospect but not useful at the time and had trade value, why keep him? If he's developed after four seasons and is a better fit what's wrong with bringing him back?

I get that emotions run high with sensitive issues, and the dip in team performance over the past month has people on edge. But damn. Some of ya'll must not have been around for the perennial mediocrity this team has gone through. We won't know the impact of these trades for quite some time so why not sit back and let the meal cook before complaining about the food?

Of course, this IS the internet so I may be expecting too much ;)

5. Nook

Nook Member

The spending of first round draft picks has been at the request of ownership.

Tillman is a very hands on owner and he will not spend what it takes, so that leaves using draft picks.

I haven't got an answer year, but my guess is that the Rockets like Bruno more than Jordan so that made the deal.

6. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I've been complaining for a few weeks already, but now I'm starting to think he is overriding Morey whenever he wants. Because none of our deals seems to be our style.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You're just now BEGINNING to think this...? Prepare to be even more disappointed, lad.

D-rock likes this.
  8. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Do you see Morey leaving this offseason? Does GMs job market work like that? Or the perks/salary compensate the meddling boss?

I saw your post earlier, you seem to appreciate Bruno's game. I haven't seen him enough to be honest, just seem pointless. Do you happen to know about his health?

At this point I just want to have an enjoyable season and a likeable team, if we have to go centerless, so be it, it's what Fertita is pushing his leaders to do.

9. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Yeap, until today I saw Westbrook's trade as a 2to1 decision where Daryl lost to Harden and Fertita. But I did not expect all roster decisions to have a 3 team vote.

Track record says Daryl was doing good enough before consulting his Star player with certain autonomy. I understand your point, I'm trying to look for the positives here.

D-rock likes this.
  10. kiwirocketsfan

I see this as a good thing, they know the type of players they want and will keep chasing them.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  11. SuraGotMadHops

I don't know that much about Bell, but I don't see the upside to trading him for a professional G-Leaguer.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Doesn't matter, Brian. He's not gonna play, Brian.

does this meme still work in the GARM?

NotInMyHouse, Blatz and D-rock like this.
  13. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I hope the chupacabra can play center.

14. alethios

alethios Member

15. omgTHEpotential

You're being disrespectful and I will not stand for it. Caboclo is a G-League champion.

16. dmoneybangbang

You should post more. Need smart commentary in the GARM.

D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  17. Possum

Possum Member

I wish they would

18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

James harden couldn't handle a warrior 'winner' in the locker. Too much pressure for Jimmy harden!

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Its not like Jordan Bell was going to get much time here anyway- if he weren't a benchwarmer who the Warriors had to play because they spent all their money on Curry/Thompson/Iggy/Durant/Draymond, he probably would also be bouncing between the G league like Caboclo. I can see some value for a team trying to right our ship quickly by trading one raw big man for another raw big man who has at least some familiarity with out system and whom our coaches and players have some familiarity with already. I'm still unclear how Tillman is the bad guy here. Bell wasn't a talent acquisition so much as the guy who's salary made the trade work. Who cares if we traded that guy for a different guy of similar skill set? It's not like anyone here is yelling about how good Jordan Bell is. They are both kind of a "shrug" as players.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought this guy was suppose to be good
    We loved him when he left us for Memphis
    Thought it was a huge mistake
    now
    when is coming back
    he is garbage???

Rocket River