1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deal done: Rockets trade Capela for Covington in 4-team deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2020.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Let’s wait and see what happens with buyouts and maybe flipping the pick for a big. Morey is a magician remember? Relax guys, we’ll be fine. Remember that we’ve had worse trades like giving up a 1st to dump Lin, Ryan and Knight or whatever that guard was with Chriss.

clutchdabear, Remlap and topfive like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Let me think..
    Would I rather go to sunny LA where I can play more than 30 minutes and during crunch time or join the Rockets and have a coach who IF he can even trust me, will play me about 20 and I will see the end of games from the bench?

3. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t know what the condition of his knee will be moving forward, but so far he has been able to play and play well. Maybe he fails his physical.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

And why is Harden doing nothing because guys can’t hit open shots. Clint gets the ball and turns it over or gets terrible shots. So what do we need shooters. If House can come back to form and make shots it will help us. But must of our guys can’t make wide open shots. And it multiple times in a row not just ones or twice.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

I saw Lowe mention it as well. Do t know if he's talking out his a$$, though.

malakas and D-rock like this.
  6. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Fu
    Fu$&& off!

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

If you love $ and love to hoop, Rockets are place to be.

Team is on fire now

8. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

Baynes and Jeff Green and i will get out of panic mode

D-rock, fckbandwagons and icewill36 like this.
  9. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I've been staying out of all this trade talk. But the deal isn't all that bad for the time being. We still have time to get more in.... and if we can get a decent defensive center and maybe another defensive shooter, it won't have been a bad trade. Now if we stick with what we've got then it'll look like a terrible trade. Let's hope Morey and Tilman are not dumb enough to think we can stick with this roster and get far in the playoffs.

Capela is a good center, but he's a very limited center. He gets a lot of rebounds, but his points average are inflated due to all the alley-oop points he scores. He isn't the strongest center in the league, and he definitely hasn't got the best defense in the league. His finishing in the paint isn't the best. He has no post game.... and he can't shoot to save his life. Plus, he doesn't suit our team anymore. He also hasn't progressed that much since 2018. We can easily survive without Capela.

As I said, if we get another decent defensive center and another defensive shooter in, the trade will have been a successful one.

Remlap likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

D-rock likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Morey is the only reason why i still have a bit of hope for this franchise.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Thank you topfive because for a second there they made me sound like a liar.

I know what I saw. A reporter said he may need surgery.

Is it true or not I dont' know but there ARE rumblings out there.

D-rock and topfive like this.
  13. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Hartenstein is 15 pt & 13 rb per 36 minutes this year

D-rock and Remlap like this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I still can't figure out why we lost the best player in the deal AND gave up a 1st round pick?

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Good deal for everybody except Houston.

Hawks get Clint for the Nets 1st, currently slotted at 16th, and is lotto protected & turns into two 2nds if not conveyed this year.

Minny gets Nets 1st, Beasly, Hernangomez, Vanderbilt for Covington, solid package. The Den pieces may not look great now, wait till next season, Minny will get both back on favorable deals, and both will flourish getting out from Denver's very packed rotation. Juancho and Beasly can really shoot the ball.

Denver also does well, while I believe Juancho and Beasly will flourish in Minny, they never were in Denver, way too packed of a rotation, especially with Michael Porter Jr blossoming, they got rid of both guys for expirings + Hou's 1st which will be in the low 20's, and Bates-Diop who is a solid prospect.

Houston gets bent over a barrel, sends out the best player in the deal, a 25 year old center who is an elite finisher at the rim, elite rebounder, solid shot-blocker, and solid defender, locked up on a good contract, relatively healthy, not only is Clint very talented but had the BEST chemistry with Harden out of any player I've ever seen Harden play with in Houston. Because sending out the best, most valuable player isn't enough, we send out our first with him. I really like Covington, he's basically going to be a prime Ariza for us, but this was terrible value, and we quite literally don't have a starting center when our #1 enemies are the Lakers, and Bucks, teams with gigantic immensely athletic bigs who will murder on on the boards and in the paint.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They trade away Capela and I bet they still won't play Hartenstein. And if they don't play Hartenstein this is the worst Rockets trade I can remember. If this frees up the starting spot to go to Hartenstein, however, then this is perhaps the greatest trade in NBA history.

#436 Williamson, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Firebomb525, Remlap and HP3 like this.
  17. farhen

farhen Member

Moreyball more 3's

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I just hope that this deadline trade actually pays off and Covington doesn’t magically forget to shoot, play defense or something.

When was the last time a player from a deadline trade actually played better than expected for us?

Last year - Shumpert just sucked except for like 3 games.

2018 - no trade but Joe Johnson forgot how to shoot and Brandon Wright played 10 minutes for us and called it a career basically.

2017 - Lou was great the first couple of games then lost his touch the rest of the way. He was like 30% from 3.

So on and so forth.

The only one to play better than expected I can remember is Francisco Garcia and that was in 2013 and he was filler in the T-Rob (who really sucked) trade lmaoo

don grahamleone and RocketWalta like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

don grahamleone and DVauthrin like this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow, that's one well-chosen moniker, bruh.