1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Is Tilman better than Cuban? (Both are NBA owners)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 4, 2020.

?

Who’s a better owner?

1. Cuban

166 vote(s)
    94.3%
  2. Tilman

10 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

yea but he could have made a billion dollars AND ran away with 2 solid gold championship trophies that have to be worth alot of $$ too!! seems dumb to say you dont want a billion dollars .. or maybe he wasnt a good businessman like Les?

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tilman has, in only 2 years, made multiple terrible decisions that have effected both the present and future outlooks of the team negatively, in the name of saving a little more money.

That is certainly bad decision making.

tycoonchip and tinman like this.
  3. MystikArkitect

I would trade Tillman, the Texans, and the entire Landrys operation for Cuban.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is true
    and I appreciate you not mentioning NON OWNERS

5. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Hence why I said Tilman was like his evil twin.

tinman likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Charlie Thomas was a good owner but his passion was cars.
    Cuban sold his company and with the money he bought the Mavericks cause his passion was the NBA.
    Les sold the Rockets cause his passion was money.

http://charliethomascollection.com/about.php

Mr. Thomas began his career in 1950 as a parts runner in Knoxville, Tennessee at Public Oldsmobile. He later moved his family to Texas and learned the car business with Red McCombs under the guidance of Austin Hemphill in San Antonio. His first dealership was Courtesy Ford in Baytown, acquired in 1967.

In 1970 he purchased a Ford dealership in Corpus Christi, now named Champion Ford-Mazda. In 1972, he moved to Houston and purchased Bob Currie Ford on the Gulf Freeway, now Champion Ford. He owned an interest in approximately fifty franchises operating through twenty major facilities in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. The Texas dealerships, except for Galveston County, Texas, were merged into AutoNation, Inc. in 1998. The Mississippi and Louisiana dealerships were sold in 2002. He currently owns all the automotive dealerships in Galveston, Texas, a total of fourteen franchises.

His most visible activity outside the car business was managing partner of the Houston Rockets acquired in 1982 and sold in 1993. He invested in and managed a number of financial institutions during the late seventies and eighties. They included Great Southern Bank (Chairman), Houston, BancTexas, (Chairman) Dallas, First Texas Saving, Dallas, Gibraltar Saving, Houston and South Main Bank, Houston.

Mr. Thomas currently spends most of his free time attending sporting events of his grandchildren, (7 grandsons and 1 granddaughter), and collecting antique automobiles for his personal collection maintained at his Ranch.

[​IMG]

#46 tinman, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  7. JackLordsHair66

I love to hate Cuban but he has been a very solid owner, Mavs fans know Cuban wants to win and generally makes moves with the goal of trying hard to put a championship squad together so Cuban is better by light years no doubt and based son what we’re seen out of Tilman so far. There is zero reason to believe he will ever be better.

Everything I’ve seen out of Tilman since he took over the 65 win team and thought he had bought an instant championship that year, tells me he is a complete fraud, a highly leveraged fraud in all likelihood. We are not winning a championship with him at the helm gang !

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Trying to understand why a man does what he does is a losing proposition - all you can do is make assumptions.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

It's not an assumption when you sell the team.

Facts:
    Cuban: OWNER
    Les:NON OWNER, SOLD TEAM
    Jerry Buss: DIED AS OWNER, GAVE TEAM TO KIDS IN WILL
    Tilman:OWNER
    Dolan:OWNER

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Hey Tinman .... shut up and listen.

I don't think anyone here particularly gives a damn about Les .... He's ancient history - Gone and Good Riddance!

What we are concerned with now .... this cheap ass fish stick peddler who's ruining this franchise.

Just look at your poll , here on The Rockets home on the web .... The owner of the South Oklahoma NBA basketball team has a shut out going 35-0 over the fish stick peddler .... That's damn sad.

I really hope Ferntits see's this poll and what fans really think of him.

Hey Ferntits , shut up and listen .... You suck.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  11. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Cuban>Les>>>>>Tilman

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I care about the entire universe of the Rockets
    I want everyone to know the real facts

From day 1 to the end of days

Past, Present and Future

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Your assumption is why he sold it .... he could have had a hundred reasons , any of them valid.

And even if it was the $2.1billion reasons .... why does it matter , he's gone and the only reason anyone would miss him is how terrible Ferntits is.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Your obsession .... is strange.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

you sell something if you don't want it.

it's not because of health. Les is still alive.
    It's not because of the NBA owners forcing you. See the Sterling for the Clippers.

Ok, let's go by your rule. No assumptions.
    Why did Les take the trophies to Florida?

Is it because he has no balls?

16. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not the not the only one who remembers the destruction of our jerseys and logo and threats to move the team

At least my salary wasn't screwed over like Barkley.

That's been proven to be fact.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

18. tinman

Supporting Member

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Let me ask you this question.

If you are a fan of the team, can you be a fan of the team and not that of the owner?
    say like how Knicks fans don't like Nolan?

20. tinman

Supporting Member