1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My CGC Comic book unboxing video

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by got em COACH, Jul 20, 2019.

1. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

New book alert!!!!!!

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. Like I said, I'm not a huge DC guy, but always loved that show as a kid even though I hated the Wonder Twins. I went ahead and decided to buy it for giggles back then. Wonder Twin powers.... activate. lol.

got em COACH likes this.
  3. got em COACH

New comic book! Manufacturing printing error

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dang... nice dollar one. I have the boring regular red cover one everybody else has. :D

got em COACH likes this.
  5. got em COACH

It's been awhile. Another one to unbox

Xerobull likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ooooo nice one!!!

got em COACH likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What is something like this worth with a misprint? Quite a bit, Im sure. Very cool.

got em COACH likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That 9.6 graded one is around $1700 on gocollect.com. One just sold for $1804 according to gpanalysis.com.

Of course not all misprints/variants are that valuable (and some are more valuable).

got em COACH likes this.
  9. got em COACH

Yes not all misprints/variants worth more or less. Take incredible hulk 181 for example. Some have the "Mark Jeweler inserts" inside the book that was sold in the army base back then. Would I pay more for an insert over higher grade? No

There's also the .35 cent variant covers of star wars #1 and iron fist #14 first sabertooth. Just those two off the top of my head. Too me those doesn't justify the price. To each their own I guess

10. got em COACH

You guys should jump on wata graded seal games. A seal nes copy of legends of Zelda could fetch you $500-1k now if you have on seal and graded by wats games

Just be on the lookout for seal games. Get it graded thru wats games and sell on eBay for profit. It's the new wave

11. got em COACH

FYI music is NSFW

Another one to the collection

12. Xerobull

Ah, my favorite villain, Juggernaut!

got em COACH likes this.
  13. got em COACH

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Very cool thread, @got em COACH . I've been out of the game so long that I hadn't heard of CGC. It's a shame that all of the 90s comics that I thought my parents took care of ended up in the attic, in the Texas heat in nothing but a polypropylene bag with a backboard. They were ultimately misplaced... not that they would have survived the attic anyway. I'm kinda wincing at the value of the ones that I used to have. Nothing too valuable. They range from a few bucks to $650. Would have just been nice to read them again after almost 30 years. The only thing that they kept in the house was my complete set of the 1st series Garbage Pail Kids.

Anyhow, due to this thread I went ahead and made a couple of CGC 9.8 Valiant Comics (from the early 90s) purchases for a couple of reasons. 1. Just to look at them in their plastic container that they arrive in. Had a pretty traumatic childhood and these were my escape. 2. I read that all Valiant characters were picked up by Paramount, leaving Sony with Bloodshot only. It's similar to their Spiderman situation. They're going for bigger names Vin Diesel as Bloodshot, Dave Bautista is or is in Eternal Warrior.

Again they're not as old as yours. They're only pushing 30 years old now. They sure as heck ain't as valuable as yours either. Just a Solar Man of the Atom #3 first appearance of Toyo Harada and Harbinger #0 (pink cover) that had a microscopic print run. If anything they'll be fun to look at and dork out a little.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  15. Xerobull

Score!

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nice!

17. droxford

droxford Member

I have two boxes of comics, almost all of which I inherited from my Dad. Although none of them are worth any money, many of them are very, very cool. I've got a "Spider-Man No More", on which the second movie was based. What's cool is that there are shots in the movie that are identical to the comic (I think most people don't realize this).

Also, I've got a True Crime from 1949. It's interesting to see what villains looked like in 1949.

Got lots of WWII comics. Also, I've got a couple that are super cool to read, with good stories.

I can post pics if you wish.

#77 droxford, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Xerobull likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

I sold one of my wolverine shirts from 1994 for $100! People are cray. I would have kept it if it still fitted me.
    Are the comic book fans here into that? I have a Lobo, Spawn and GR shirts from 1996. Willing to trade for an 80s Elvira shirt or Joker one. Ain't no way I'm more than $30 for a Tee.
    What has led to this comic uprising like it was the early 90s? Travis Scott and his girl caught wearing one or what?

Xerobull likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Disposable income, Millennial 1990's nostalgia and they're affordable. There were so many comics printed back then you could wipe your ass with them cheaper than toilet paper. There was a comic shop owner on El Dorado in Clear Lake who bought 10k 'Death of Superman' comics as an investment. Turns out, everyone had one so the value didn't go up right away and he lost everything.

20. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

lol at 10k of death of Superman. There were millions of these printed I think.

Xerobull likes this.