1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lillard & Harden's insane scoring stretches

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Feb 2, 2020.

1. dream2franchise

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Harden, its not about fun its about effectiveness

D-rock likes this.
  3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Tell us why YOU hate Harden. Because if it’s not a personal issue then there really is no reason.

D-rock likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't hate him. I just think his style of play has become monotonous and not as effects be when it matters the most which is the playoffs.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

And you don't take level of competition, luck, quality of teammates or defensive schemes into account? There a many reasons why we haven't broke thru. To constantly diminish Hardens play while praising others (who have done less in the playoffs) makes you come off like a hater. I keep telling ya'll I've seen this movie, Hakeem was getting roasted when we couln't get past the damn Sonics. Once we got the talent we got 2 rings. We still haven't done that for James.

aliadiere25 and D-rock like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've always chuckled at this kind of stat. Seems cherry picking to me. Why 6 games and not 5 games or 7 games etc. Oh, that's the only way to set a record.

hakeem94, Blurr#7 and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

So predictable, just like a hog smelling truffles.

You cant help yourself can you? LOL

harold bingo and Blurr#7 like this.
  8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He literally doesn't get it.

Imagine if Harden had curry's luck with teammates. He probably would have had at least 4 or 5 rings.

Even the great Michael Jordan didn't do it all on his own. He had an amazing Bulls team. He's now considered the best player of all time.

9. riko

riko Member

It’s proven why by other posters. He is a vindictive fan a certain ex player who his fans believe was wronged in some fantasy land wronged by Harden

Blurr#7 and D-rock like this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Giannis is the first player to average 36.372 and 12.172 rebounds on 62.76% shooting in a leap year.

We are all witnesses.

hakeem94 and Easy like this.
  11. fchowd0311

Imagine if Harden didn't curl up in a ball and start whining at refs when things doesn't go his way and did things that other players posters here compare him to such as Kobe and MJ do when their shot isn't falling such as kick it in another gear in terms of hustle and defense?

The difference between Harden and the top 3 sgs of all time in Wade, Kobe and MJ is that those three were confident that they could out stamina everyone on the court. They were confident in their cardio and conditioning being superior to everyone else on the court. If their shot isn't falling they are just going to make the opposing player run out of wind by constantly running off ball, running in transition defense, sprinting on fast breaks etc. They had that ability. Harden doesn't. He does the complete opposite when his shot isn't falling. He walks every where in a sulking manner and just lets teams trap him on ball and doesn't contribute in any way whatsoever.

Harden also has by far the largest drop off in scoring efficiency in the playoffs compared to the regular season in relation to those other guards.

He has severe flaws in his game that typically other superstars don't have. I think the closest comparison to him mentality is Melo. Now Harden has a superior overall career to Melo, but they share the same characteristic in terms of leadership and effort. They love to score. That's where they are going to show effort. It's fun to score. They just don't like doing anything that isn't fun for them. Hence they will never be the alpha in a championship team.

The problem with Harden is that his play style requires him to be the alpha due to his usage and ball dominance. There isn't room for a true alpha to hold him accountable. The last time that happened he kicked that player out in CP3. Harden wants his cake and eat it also. He wants to be the alpha without the responsibility of setting a good example which true alphas like Kobe and Jordan did in their primes. When Kobe and Jordan yelled at a teammate for missing a defensive assignment, they respected that call out. Why would any teammate respect Harden calling out a teammate on defense?

Also, Harden's game has proggresively gotten more boring. Watch his 14-15 highlights compared to this season's highlights. He was far more varied in his offensive game. He incorprated very fast eurosteps more often. He had a silky smooth mid range game. He was a far less stationary dribbler and moved with the ball and attacked screens more often. Now Harden just pounds the ball on one spot far more often and never attacks screens and just rather waits for the switch or trap.

Harden back then dominated the ball more like the way CP3 and Steve Nash dominated the ball by constantly moving and dribbling probing the mid range and paint area which allowed for more off ball movement as teammates would move in sync with where Harden is going.

Now Harden dribbles far more often standing in one spot for 10-15 seconds and it gets really tiresome as a spectator.

Back to the question of Harden vs Dame. I think Dame is more fun to watch but he's more fun to watch in the same way Kyrie Irving is more fun to watch than Harden. Harden is taller, longer and is far more strong than the other two. He doesn't need to be as flashy as those two to be a more effective scorer and yes he's a more effective scorer than those two in their overall careers.

#51 fchowd0311, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  12. fchowd0311

"Proven"

You people create such absurd narratives in your head to justify why someone would have the audacity to criticize Harden and not think he's at the level of MJ and Kobe.

13. fchowd0311

It's about how often each respective player does it.

Yes, out of all guards in NBA history Harden relies on theatrics the the most to score. I've never seen a guard who looks to draw the foul more as the primary goal when they drive or shoot than Harden. Other players do foul bait, but not nearly as often as Harden.

14. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

For not hating Harden, I feel like you rag on him a lot more than most people do--even those that obviously aren't Harden fans. If I were just reading this post I quoted from you then yes, I can see where you're coming from. Butt the thing is besides this quote you make a ton of other posts diminishing his Harden's achievements and complaining about his style of play, or his leadership, or his "ego". In multiple threads!!

It's a lot, bro.

15. fchowd0311

This is merely a result of my benign takes not being challenged because most posters agree and my opinions on Harden get the most challenges and insults.It's merely a fault of me just being argumentative. I like debating. It's what I genuinely believe about Harden. If someone disagrees, they can respond why and I'll respond with why I think their counter-argument is wrong.

So not many replies to my rather neutral takes that most agree with and immense amount of replies to my genuine takes on Harden. In a hypothetical, if far less people disagreed, you wouldn't be seeing me post nearly as much about Harden.

16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair. At the end of the day, even though I don't agree with your takes on Harden I don't think there's anything wrong with being willing to have a debate/discussion on the subject.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Time of possession

Lillard : 8.8 minutes per game
    Harden : 8.7 minutes per game

Touches per game
    Lillard : 84.3
    Harden : 85.1

Dribbles per touch
    Lillard : 5.78
    Harden : 5.81

Solid effort on your negative Harden posting, but you are going to have to try a little harder. Start with facts next time.

Reeko likes this.
  18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Wanna see Carmelo versus harden in a playoff matchup

19. malakas

malakas Member

After what Lillard has done this month, the NBA chose Lebron.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

something tells me he won’t respond to this post...his trash posts get obliterated by facts time and time again