1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Except he didn’t have his day in court.

malakas likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Wait...that little fat boy is part of the Illuminati? Did he just throat slash someone? Who did he just mark for death?

If you add up all the letters of his real name, then subtract his mother's maiden name, divided by .01% of the predicted gross of his last movie that didn't star Michael Cera.

BINGO! GEMMATRICA!

Bunch of illuminati believin' dumb****s.

#862 Buck Turgidson, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Isnt that Zdog?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Did he say that he believed, at the time of the incident, that she didn't consider it consensual. Or did he say that he believed, after the fact, that she didn't consider it consensual?

The distinction seems relevant, at the very least morally if not legally.

Maybe the details of the case that you're familiar with lead you to believe that he must have recognized, during the incident, that he was unlawfully forcing himself on her.

5. Buck Turgidson

Since someone brought him up earlier....

OJ should have been on that chopper instead of Kobe.

studogg likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

He said he did believed it was consensual at the time and that is an element. That is to say if he says he knew there is no consent, it is rape without question.

However Colorado’s definition of consent is interesting. You can have consent by asking the person or by attitude (which is ambiguous) or through cooperation.

The cooperation element would have likely been a real problem for him based on his changing story, the physical evidence and the bruising on the chin/neck.

I am sure that Bryant’s attorney would state that Bryant believed it was consensual because the victim cooperated by not screaming. The victim’s attorney would counter that she did tell him to stop, she was crying and the physical evidence was consistent with a lack of cooperation.

malakas likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

OJ would have survived it.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes this is for the posters who without any proof thought Kobe was flying this helicopter
    I heard when NBA players fly jets, they also have pilots to fly them
    @Reeko

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/27/us/pilot-helicopter-crash-kobe-bryant-trnd/index.html
    Ara Zobayan named as pilot of the helicopter crash that killed him, Kobe Bryant and seven others

According to the FAA's pilot certification database, Zobayan is an instrument-certified pilot who earned his commercial pilot's license in 2007. He is also a certified flight instructor for instrument instruction for helicopter pilots, the records show.
    The database also shows Zobayan was up to date on FAA-required annual medical exams.
    Pilot Kurt Deetz, who worked at Island Express with Zobayan, said the two had a "jovial working relationship." He immediately recognized Zobayan's voice when he heard the Air Traffic Control tower recording. Deetz described Zobayan as outspoken, with a distinctive voice and big personality.
    Another fellow pilot, Jared Yochim, told CNN that he also recognized Zobayan's voice on the recordings.
    "There's a reason that people wanted to fly with him," Yochim said. "He was just a cool, calm guy."
    The news of the pilot's death has shaken the small, tight-knit community of helicopter pilots, according to Yochim.
    Yochim and Deetz cautioned against armchair speculation about what may have happened.
    "We need to wait for [authorities] to complete an investigation. There may be lessons to be learned," Yochim said.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont know Tinman.

Ara Zobayan sounds like a name your RPG game would randomly generate for your character.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you put a quiz out on Clutchfans, a serious quiz .
    And the question was
    who was the captain of the Titanic ?

I'm sure you will have at least 25% would say it was Leonardo DiCaprio.
    You wonder why the Russians so easily fooled people. They just realize this generation is dumb as rocks

@Os Trigonum

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I don't remember people bringing up crack in poor neighborhoods or going into false wars (speaking of GHWB), especially from the media. Same thing with John McCain. Who brought up that he didn't vote for MLK Day to be a holiday? But let it be a Black man, and people are quick to bring up the first negative thing about him. Or they have a montage of praise but make sure to sneak in "he wasn't perfect" as if anyone is. It's like clockwork. If MLK died today the first thing we'd hear about is his womanizing ways, but "lucky" for him he died before the media was taken over by shills with agendas.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol everyone knows that Leonardo DiCaprio did not captain Titanic.

It was Jack Dawson.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

well it sure as hell wasn't tom cruise. tom would've saved the ship

tinman and Zboy like this.
  14. SeabrookMiglla

RIP Kobe

so many good memories with family and friends watching the rockets and lakers battles

playoffs, holidays, Christmas

it’s like we lost a piece of my memory and youth

so sad, just a crazy world we live in.

15. malakas

malakas Member

I hope you are not serious with this post otherwise you are a danger in society.

Anyone can grab you while you are working and penetrate you anally while chocking you until you bleed but it's a gray area if then he claims he thought it was consensual???

This is the second most disturbing post in this thread after "who here hasn't raped someone?".

Oh and let's not forget the "study shows that females are experts in deceiving and lying".

Good job CF! Keep it up. Let's see how much ugliness will be unearthed.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Btw, ignore durvasa. He is an anal troll.

malakas likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

He isn't just memorialised though.
    There is a widespread campaign all over social media to change the logo to his likeness. Can you imagine?

The mere thought of having a rapist be the logo of the league is vomit inducing. In this case you want me to remain silent and tolerate this disgusting hypocrisy?

No double standards to athletes by me.I treat Kobe, or Derrick Rose , or Collison like I would any person next door. I don't care if he was an idol to millions, he raped someone and it's part of his legacy and his story.

And I won't have it being told he was such a hero and an angel and whoever dares to disagree by bringing up the truth is prosecuted.

Like the Washington Post reporter who was suspended by retweeting his rape story.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

And Popeye's favorite food is 'chicken'. Lol. Not spinach

tinman likes this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

@malakas @Nook

This one's for you two.

"A priest, Kobe, and a rapist enter a bar...." - Me

"You could have just said three rapists." - My wife

[​IMG]

malakas likes this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is a serious topic, so why would I be joking?

That's not what I wrote. There's a spectrum of sexual misconduct that ranges from innocent misunderstanding to criminal intent to rape, and it is possible that he fits somewhere in between those two extremes where he thought the act was consensual but should have understood it was not and was therefore still clearly in the wrong.