1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Memorial Game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tmoney1101, Jan 27, 2020.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Feel like it deserves its own thread. I cried the first time around and will probably shed a few tears this time around too. Maybe it’ll offer some closure.

Jontro likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is there a more legendary way to go out than dropping 60, which included numerous clutch buckets, in your final game for a franchise u played with for 20 years at home in front of all your fans, family, and friends? Could u script it any better than that? Only Kobe could manage to go out in such a blaze of glory.

that is a game I will never forget

3. tmoney1101

Came in a gunner went out a gunner. Supreme talent, skill, work ethic, and confidence.

Reeko likes this.
  4. tmoney1101

Times like this that wish I still had a vcr or a dvr. Hopefully someone torrents this.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

man, I watched his highlights from his final game yesterday, and after a few of his buckets, they’d show his wife and daughters cheering him on...it made me tear up

my eyes briefly watered a bit just making this post...I can’t believe Kobe and his daughter are gone

King1, UTSA2step and tmoney1101 like this.
  6. Slimfa

Slimfa Member

Please sit house down

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

yesterday was one of the most unproductive days of work for me. just sat and read kobe articles and youtube all day long.

i don't normally get shaken by celebrity deaths since i don't connect with any of them, but kobe got into the league around the same time i started playing basketball. before that i had only watched games.

i have hated kobe almost his whole career, but like others have said, it was because he played such a great villain. unlike lerbon, kobe was respectable and carried himself very well for the most part. i realized that you need a good villain for a good story and kobe was fantastic... just too bad our heroes wearing red (or pinstripe dildoes for a bit) weren't good enough.

as he got older, he does seem like a genuine good breh, especially post retirement. only heard good stories about him and i was slowly starting to cheer him on. sometimes i wished i had been a fan, but i was too much into the rox and couldn't cheer someone else not representing htine.

i read a very good comment yesterday on twitter or something that said it's as if you're reading a real good novel but half way the page suddenly got empty. summed it perfectly.

CCity Zero, King1, UTSA2step and 4 others like this.
  8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I have almost never cheered for any player harder in my life than when he was getting close to 60. Hell I wanted him to get 70. No matter what you had to respect the heart and hustle. He brought it every night despite having a **** team.

UTSA2step, tmoney1101 and Jontro like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

he could've easily had 100 too if phil jax hadn't taken him out. what was the reason for that again? did kobe asked to be taken out out of respect for wilt?

10. likestohypeguy

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to do something commerorating LeBron's emotional reaction on that fateful day.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Hated the crap out of him but man, first time a celebrity death has really hit home

Jontro likes this.
  12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I love how ESPN is doing this final game. Definitely didn't want to see Tarik Black for a full 48 minutes.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Maybe I'm jaded(not my fault) but Harden chucking his way to 60 would get media members fighting to keep him out of the hall of fame. Not Kobe's fault so I apologize to him but I just roll my eyes :rolleyes: at his last game. Kobe wasn't my guy or play for my team while Harden is and does. Again not Kobe's fault but I ride with Harden and fack those who don't even if it means I under appreciate other's accomplishments. Again, not my fault, they've forced my hand..., and I won't change until they do.

Jontro and donkeypunch like this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If Harden had Kobes mentality, he would be ultimate GOAT and it wouldnt be close.

sushimaster and Jontro like this.
  15. tmoney1101

Man this last sequence is just so special. With how tired he looks and the cuts to his family, Gigi, jack, and jay. What a close out to a dominate career.

16. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

You're still forgetting one thing. The media would still be trashing Harden all day long for his accomplishments. They would never allow it and non-Rocket fans would agree with them.