1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Dražen Petrović. He was our Kobe, Jordan and Magic. Whole Yugoslavia cried when he died.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Thank you for confirming what I suspected.

BonziWellsGOAT and malakas like this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

If that’s what you think I said she should be slapped for, you really are just blind to common sense. Let it go and acknowledge you are wrong.

arabrocket likes this.
  4. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

His wife forgave him and he and his accuser have settled their differences. The rape case is over, it's not 2006 anymore. Now isn't the time or the place to go back and forth about it. This man left behind kids and a wife who really should be the focus right now.

Some here really need to get the chip off of their shoulder and let that go. You're not scoring any points with anyone here.

5. MystikArkitect

Gotta be the most surreal day of basketball I've ever experienced. It doesn't seem real. You're so desensitized to how fragile life can be and that people are "supposed" to die when they're older or in some appropriate way. Not like this.

This is going to be tough to get through for everyone.

Hakeemtheking, Yung-T and RustyHarden like this.
  6. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Jokes are jokes are jokes. Rape is rape is rape. Cheers fatty.

7. omgTHEpotential

That was tragic... But what makes this even worse is that there were 2 children on board.

Koperboy and Nook like this.
  8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I can't even bring myself to watch his interviews yet. Always enjoyed hearing him speak about basketball and his life post-basketball. He had a great mind. This sucks

HoustonTexas and Pringles like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Noone?

Nook likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

You said what you said. You live with it.

11. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

Like what Spurs and Raptors did with the shot clock violation as a tribute. May peace surround those close to him.

Yung-T and JW86 like this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

I rest my case.

People such as this telling me to shut up about rape.

Nook likes this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Completely agreed. If he was a serial offender or if he went down a dark path after the incident, there'd be no sense in honoring him - he'd probably fade into obscurity after 2003.

But he seemed to learn from it, got his **** together and became one of the best basketball players to ever do it.

However, if people want to remember him as just a rapist who was good at basketball, that's their prerogative. Again, no one is trying to pretend the rape didn't happen nor are they trying to minimize the incident.

A bit ridiculous that people want to pile on a dead man. If you can't see past the rape incident, then don't post. Why inject negativity into an already sad / negative thread?

Richie_Rich and Yung-T like this.
  14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Whenever a bad thing happens to a rich man, people go "he Will be ok, he's got money". Whether it's a career ending injury/state (Chris Bosh), light form of mental illness (Kevin Love), etc. So, from a purely pragmatic perspective...why doesn't that work for his family now? Just trying to understand american citizens, nothing more. Not trying to be disrespectful.

malakas and Nook like this.
  15. Pringles

Pringles Member

My heart hurts. His work ethic is something that I strive for on a daily basis. RIP Kobe. :(

clutchdabear, Yung-T and Nook like this.
  16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I always thought he'd come back to the game later as like a coach or GM or something.

gatsby, Yung-T and Nook like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I hope you never have a daughter or a wife. I spent a decade dealing with ignorant people that have the same attitude you have. Rape isn’t a mistake and it isn’t a joke.

You do you and I will do me.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Imagine a team needing that last game to get HCA or to even make the playoffs...

19. Bearded13

Bearded13 Member

I was a fan of him since he entered the league, still have some memorabilia of him and a bunch of his rookie games on VHS.

One thing that weirded me out about his death, is that a few years ago (maybe 5, 7 or 3... can't remember), I remember him on tv (maybe on Inside the NBA), saying how he was used to travel by helicopter, and that to avoid traffic he would just jump on an helicopter to save time. He was all confident and happy about it, and i remember thinking "i guess helicopters have become super-safe nowadays" (i've never been on one), but still in the back of my head having doubts and thinking "even if I had that money, I'm not sure i would want to travel often by helicopter".

Anyway, RIP to him and prayers for his family.

20. malakas

malakas Member

I don't get this.
    Hitler is dead. People shouldn't pile on him because he died?

What it has to do with being a serial offender? If a guy raped only you and then stopped, then that's fine?
    Whether it is ONE victim or thousands a crime is a crime.