1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yes it’s another kid and parent from the travel team he coached and daughter was on

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Not surprised. You should be ashamed of this.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. Nook

Nook Member

First, raping a teenage girl isn’t just a “mistake”. That is a really big deal and in many ways a life defining event.

Second he had been cheating on his wife when he committed rape. He also lied to his wife about what happened and called his wife immediately after doing it.

A good guy doesn’t do that.

No one brought up his rape until claims he was a great guy and family man were made. It isn’t just a “mistake”.

JeffB and malakas like this.
  5. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

F U! You heartless b*stard. You ain’t **** compared to Kobe. You’ll never be as good at anything as Kobe was a basketball player. No one is perfect and I hope your **** life is dissected when you die. So people can remember you at your worst. How many innocent people did you put in jail you POS?!

6. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Mr. Space City

Cancel 1 game this year so the season ends at 81.

9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

We ALL know about his sins but you’re not doing any good for rape awareness or any other cause by doing this here. I think you know it but you’ve dug in and like the attention.

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

classy

BaselineFade and Boki4MvP like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did Kobe ever apologize? didn't follow it later on.

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Why would he apologize for being falsely accused of rape?

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

Noone told me to shut up about rape you said?

Heck we had posters in this thread giving death threats, asking for banning, telling me that they will beat me up and even saying that females are known to lie and deceive.

LMAO

Nook likes this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

FIFY.

Rape isn't exclusive to women. Many men and children are victims as well.

15. malakas

malakas Member

I am doing the best of jobs actually.
    Rape awareness when people want to shut their eyes to the truth. That's the best of times.

Nook likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

https://slate.com/human-interest/20...ns-why-must-we-pretend-they-never-happen.html

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I just followed some of the court arraignments, didn't get the whole verdict, just because he got a big time lawyer, didn't mean he did nothing to the girl.

But that is a discussion for another time I guess.

18. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Yes he did, a long apology.....he also paid a settlement of supposedly just over $2m....$2.5m is the max in CO civil suits

RustyHarden, Nook and daywalker02 like this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

What you (and the other posters complaining about how Kobe raped someone) are failing to do, is recognize that no one in this thread is trying to pretend the rape didn't happen.

But in a thread about his sudden death, the first thing people want to bring up, is rape? Weinstein and Cosby are completely separate cases, of which they're also serial offenders. Not saying Kobe was in the right, but his was one offense with no (publicly known) crimes since then. His image has been clean, otherwise - you can't say the same for Weinstein and Cosby.

Have some class, CFers. This isn't the D&D, nor is this the correct thread to talk about the rape case.

The man JUST died.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I figured the rape thing would come up in this thread. Personally, whether it actually happened or not, which seemed like it did, it doesn't matter at this point. It is possible to make huge mistakes in this life and still become a better person. Just because you made one mistake, and in this particular case, he changed that young woman's life forever, it isn't fair for you guys to go back 15+ years to dig this **** up.

From all accounts, it does appear that he became a better family man over time as he grew and matured. I get it, he was a rich man, so outcome for him was different.

I don't think is wrong to honor him. Perhaps I am a forgiving individual though. You all guys have your reasons. Personally I wasn't a fan of Kobe and quite frankly I never cared for his personal life, so to me this is about respecting his basketball legacy and what he meant to the game.