1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As is this seems to make us worse.

We already barely have any size. Theis is a 6'8 center. Covington is a SF who would be an improvement but not at the expense of Capela.

I'll take both these guys, but I'm not trading Capela for them.

Slimfa and Vivi like this.
  2. AB_KIAd_myCar

AB_KIAd_myCar Member

Thabo and Tyson Chandler for Isaiah Hartenstein

BaselineFade, MrSabotage and JayZ750 like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

[​IMG]

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Ah, yes. I didn’t see Theis’ height.

I suppose Enes Kanter Instead, but that’s giving up D for O. We’d be Kanter and Hartenstein at center.

Covington would be a big step up at 4, and Tucker could swing from 4 to 3.

This all being academic anyway.

5. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

ZION. Whatever it takes.

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We should get first round picks back in that deal.

But, I do love Kanter, and RoCo gives us exactly what we need.

Enes's ..defensive shortcomings are blown completely out of proportion. As far as I'm concerned, Boston should have been giving him more minutes all season.

All that said, the loss of CC ...I'd imagine his value around the League is much higher than some here would believe. Either way, I want nothing less than a stellar wing in return...maybe picks too.

7. ch44

ch44 Member

He might end up staying put. Asking price is a 1st and a rotational player.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yikes, 1st rounder and a rotational player for Bertans expiring (with no bird rights)...the Wizards went from gifting Oubre to asking the world for another Ryan Anderson. I guess that's the difference between having Grunfeld and a normal general manager lol, and i that i was hoping we could possibly get Troy Brown, welp.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Any young wings on the block that the Rockets like? OG, Kuzma Thybulle types?

any word if Jonah Bolden or DJ Wilson is a guy the Rockets like?

catarax05 likes this.
  10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Aren't you the same dude who suggested trading for Doncic?

Please get out of fantasy land and ask yourself, "why would New Orleans ever get rid of Zion?"

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  11. ch44

ch44 Member

Oubre is getting some interest from other teams. Not sure what else the Rockets have up their sleeves right now.

BaselineFade, Deuce, D-rock and 7 others like this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Oubre would be incredible for us. Hopefully we try to get in on him. Thanks for sharing

https://tradenba.com/trades/PVReYS6PJ
    maybe this would be a good move.

Get Noel with the TPE for depth at the 5

#912 treyk3, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    BHannes2BHonest and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

Knights TPE two seconds for Markieff Morris

withmustard and ApacheWarrior like this.
  14. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Wizards have bird rights on Bertans so whoever traded for him would get them

I think that's a fair value. This draft stinks according to all the gurus and I think the value of picks in the 20s is dwindling anyway. Two years ago the Rockets got Lou Will, I don't think a team is getting that type of player just for a late 1st again. Rockets don't really have any rotational player spare I guess unfortunately, maybe the asking price drops at the deadline...

Vivi likes this.
  15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Would yall be willing to deal Capela for a wing if it meant getting back a serviceable big as well?

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I don't think you can make that deal in February, that's a big change. If we keep slipping between now and the deadline maybe, but if this team bounces back a bit and gets a couple of good win against Utah or the Clips again I cant see us making such a major move.

I'd say in the summer potentially? But hopefully by then we can add some mid-tier salary (if Tilman keeps his promise on luxury tax, not holding my breath) so that we won't need to trade CC. Right now he's only being dangled because he is the only guy we can trade and it would be a desperation move, not ideal.

lilbird20 likes this.
  17. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I think ideally the Rockets get Markieff Morris at the deadline. Maybe another player like Glenn Robinson or Josh Hart or someone like that.

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I would put my money on your suggestion. Hopefully we don't have to trade Capella!. Tucker and Head need to move along!

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Did he actually get traded there? I honestly thought he signed as a free agent.

Lou btw was/is a much better player then Bertans, and at the time we also dumped Brewer in the process. Now i don't know what the Wizards mean with roational player, but my guess is either a House or McLemore, and if that's the case i wouldn't do it, the fact that we would have his bird rights is nice, but he might still bolt in the summer, or ask for too much so, i don't know, i like the player but we have literally two picks left to trade and our assets will be completely done after that, moving one and a player for Bertans expiring for me doesn't make sense unless we think he's the starting caliber player we need.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

@ch44 any word about Doumbouya being available? I would bet he isn't but who knows...i think he would be perfect here.

D-rock, DM'sVP and BaselineFade like this.