1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading Harden is the answer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shocky2002, Jan 19, 2020.

1. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Let me make this as perfectly plain as possible.
    There is nothing - literally nothing - that any team in the league, much less their in-state rivals, could give to Dallas to get them to trade Doncic. It won't happen unless/until he decides he wants out.

Just get the idea out your head and save yourself the disappointment.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Harden fans dont want championships. They want stats. More and more stats. With a double side of dribble.

manlisten likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn! Why hasn't Morey thought of that?!?!

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

People are stupid on here...has a stretch of bad games...and they quickly forget the last 5 seasons of being the MVP. And the superb start to this season... TRADING HIM IS DEF NOT THE ANSWER.

But I will say this...the guys is fuc*ing clueless...I believe that he isn't as coachable as you would want a leader to be, and that might be because of his ego. But also he is a complete idiot when it comes to situational basketball. There is so much more he can do instead of jacking up threes that arent falling to help this team in situations that need change. Dude is a clueless.

All love..we have enough to win...especially if we make a trade or 2...also it would be soooo nice to have Gerald Green back...he is a sniper.

FIRE MDA....now that is a completely different story....How do you run your players into the ground and not play promising young players stuck to the end of the bench.... GOD he is r****ded.

Hakeemtheking and astros123 like this.
  5. PrinceH

PrinceH Member

Id take Siakam and someone else, Raptors would probably go to the finals again too

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is Wilt Chamberlain. You don't trade Wilt the Stilt.

BTW..I think he's playing hurt right now.

s3ts, Blurr#7 and Aruba77 like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Yep he had a knee protector a few weeks back and was playing knee issues. I have think this has merit

s3ts and Plowman like this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i wouldn't trade Harden, but this team is fundamentally unbalanced and needs a shakeup.

We've got to get to the bottom of Harden's knee.

Plowman likes this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

that’s not “once a generation” means. It simply means a player is unique in his own greatness with no one like him. They’re in their own realm as the best of their era. There is no one like harden in this league. All three of the players you mentioned are once a generation players as well. Kobe, AI, Shaq were kings in their generation so forth so forth. But I guess it’s how you define what generation means. And curry is not better than harden. Curry isn’t even the same type of player that can create his own shot consistently and carry a team every night as you saw earlier this year and earlier in his career without KD and Klay So both your points are incorrect. Oh and when did Giannis put up historic numbers? How long has he consistently played at a high level? Ok.

#129 Stephen_A, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    jcf, Gray_Jay, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So who guarantees a chip?

jcf likes this.
  11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin of course..

12. riko

riko Member

It’s sad that these lin fans just can’t disappear or atleast get over their hurt feelings

Blurr#7 and vlaurelio like this.
  13. vlaurelio

these LOFs truly believe its their duty to defend their master Lins honor and revenge until their last breath. Just like in those chinese martial arts movies.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

Curry who can't win with Dray and Dangelo he need to sit a whole season?

Or KD bandwagonned to a 73 win which they gave up a 3-1 lead?

Stephen_A likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

They usually disappear faster then Lin’s career when harden is doing well but come out pumping their chests when things are not going well. Oh well

16. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Look if I’m trading Harden it’s for a package of Ja Morant. They would obviously have to throw in Andre Igoudala and Jae Crowder plus a draft pick or two just to match salary. Will the Grizzlies do that actually? Probably not. With Westbrook and Harden’s salaries where they are at, unless they take pay cuts, I don’t see the Rockets realistically acquiring 2-3 more players to add to their bench. They need a 4 and a 3. The only way to get either of those things is to trade Capela and Tucker. This team is too old and relying on guys that would probably be at the end of the bench on other teams.

D’antoni is a part of the problem with his unwillingness to give more minutes to guys like Hartenstein and Howard and Frazier. I think Harden needs to sit but he’s too stubborn to do so. Honestly, I would love to see D’Antoni go and the Rockets bring in someone like Mark Jackson or Tom Thibodeaux. Guys who don’t take **** from anyone and preach defense first. I think that’s what it’s going to take to win with Harden and Westbrook.

17. vlaurelio

if harden wasn't traded to Houston, Lin would still be in China right now

Rocket River likes this.
  18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Lmao! Two coaches who got canned and never got another coaching gig. You obviously never watched Thibs run players into the ground.

Rocket River, Reeko and fckbandwagons like this.
  19. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

That’s the thing. This team needs a hard headed coach which is essentially what got them both fired. Also Mark Jackson got the Warriors to the playoffs in 3/4 years that he was there if I’m not mistaken. They improved every year. The only reason he was fired was because he hated the owners son and also didn’t like having Scalabrine on his staff (who was best friends with the owner’s son). As for JVG I think he might be someone who would bring that defensive intensity that the team is lacking. More likely though that they bring Kelvin Sampson back to coddle Harden and Westbrook because they need player’s coaches and not hard ass guys.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There's no guarantee but they had a better chance with CP3 at the helm. They took steps backward with the trade for Westbrook.