1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I would do this deal in a heartbeat. Make it happen Murray

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

How about a simple version without the Worries included? Lol

BOS in: Capela, Hartenstein

HOU in: Covington, Rob Williams, Ojeleye/Diop (the first is probably more available)

MIN in: Carsen Edwards, 1st by Boston, Kanter (salary filler), Theis (salary filler), maybe 2nd rounder/s from us...

- Celtics get the starting center they wanted and a young guy with upside with a different skillset.

- Rockets get two long/athletic wings and a young version of Capela

- Wolves get a talented young point guard (that is going to be wasted in Boston anyway) and pick/s

I wonder if in a similar scenario the Rockets would be able to even keep both their 1st rounders for this season and the 2022, i wouldn't write that off although with Ainge who knows...and another thing to consider is that it would be still a bit risky as a move cause i like a lot Williams potential, but he had other problems off the court and overall there's no guarantee he's going to be a good player in the end...the Rockets aren't exactly in a situation where they can wait and hope for a 20 years old guy to instantly become a starting caliber center for a contending team. But i guess they could still try to grab one of those guys that posters usually name here, like Noel etc...personally i would still be unsure about that kind of move, but at least in terms of assets is something i could digest.

D-rock likes this.
  3. PWR

PWR Member

Marcus Morris vs PJ Tucker
    Morris per 36: 22 ppg & 6 rpg. Opponents shoot 44% against him.
    Tucker per 36: 8 ppg & 8 rpg. Opponents shoot 46% against him.
    Morris is better.

Markieff Morris vs Danuel House

Morris per 36: 18 ppg & 6 rpg. Opponents shoot 44% against him.
    House per 36: 12 ppg & 5 rpg. Opponents shoot 47% against him.
    Morris is better.

Bobby Portis vs Clint Capela

Portis per 36: 17 ppg & 10 rpg. Opponents shoot 49% against him.
    Capela per 36: 15 ppg and 16 rpg. Opponents shoot 47% against him.
    Capela is better.

Is upgrading both Forward spots more important than a slight downgrade at Center?

For me, the answer is yes. Our Forwards suck... offensively and defensively. I'm tired of it. I love Capela, but he may need to be sacrificed for the greater good. I'd rather trade Gordon, but we cant right now.

DM'sVP likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Come on man...it's like if i would say Dallas should trade Doncic for McLemore and Hartenstein because of this
    [​IMG]

Those numbers aren't really indicative of anything, especially considering those player we would get have played all the season in tanking teams.

Portis is a certified cancer in the lockeroom and he would be redoundant with the Morris Bros anyway, not a center, poor defender...the Morris Bros are over 30, one has been washed by at least a year, last time they were together they were also a cancer in their team lockeroom and they would both come without bird rights.

There's literally zero upside for us in a similar move, there's actually only downside because we would lose height, defense, assets and possibly chemistry.

Not to mention that since Marcus and Portis together make up for something like 30M that trade would also put us in luxury territory...for the Morris Bros and Portis...i mean, come on.

Sen89 and Corrosion like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rearrange those deck chairs on the Titanic! ;)

Vivi, 13BeardsIN1 and Corrosion like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like this trade too.

Still want Josh Okogie and/or Keita Bates-Diop, send Ojeleye to MIN.

Can still add Jonah Bolden or Harry Giles in separate smaller trade.

Or sign Faried/Joaquim Noah.

Vivi likes this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I really like the J.Allen idea and have mentioned it before ....

The rest , not so much.

8. fattz

fattz Member

William Howard??? what happened to him and will he ever make the main roster.

9. NetsInsider

NetsInsider Member

Lakers/Rockets/Heat discussing a 3 way deal with Kuzma going to the Rockets, Winslow going to the Lakers, and PJ Tucker going to Miami. Of course salaries don't work but these are the main pieces involved. They have been discussing fillers last time I checked.

I know this because Lakers/Rockets approached the Nets in a deal that would have sent Dinwiddie to the Lakers and Tucker to the Nets and Kuzma to the Rockets. Apparently the Lakers and Rockets are trying to find a 3rd team because the Rockets want Kuzma but LA doesn't want anybody on the Rockets roster.

I will update if I find out more.

BigggReddd, Little Bit, jjc1 and 4 others like this.
  10. foggy94

foggy94 Member

This is a terrible use of defensive statistics. Firstly, NBA’s defensive fg% is notoriously not very accurate. Secondly, even if it was you are comparing apples and oranges. Does Marcus Morris guard the opposition’s best player every night? Because PJ Tucker does. He goes up against Dame, LeBron, Kawhi etc...

11. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Welcome to the internets. Patiently waiting updates..:rolleyes:

12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

They probably got turned downed by the Heat as well. This sounds like a Tilman trade idea and Morey is just kicking the tires for him.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So would Houston take on KCP's contract for Kuzma because there's no way a single player swap like that works capwise.

D-rock likes this.
  14. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Kcp is shooting 40 plus percent from 3 this year

D-rock likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Last year it was all about "CP3 and Tucker are not getting traded"...after few months turns out both got traded lol.

If a similar trade goes down though, the Rockets would have an even bigger need of a defensive 3, cause Kuzma would play the 4 here and his defense is meh, would make more sense to get Winslow too, although i guess the Lakers would've to get something back too...

This rumor or whatever you want to call it though, i think might be legit, the Rockets really need to get a bit younger overall, and although i would really hate to trade PJ i can see why they would do it, and i can see why Miami would like to get him, between Butler, Herro, Nunn, they really don't need a guy like Winslow, while i guess the Lakers are trying to get something out of Kuzma who's going to get paid at some point, and between Lebron and Davis has really not much space there.

#735 Vivi, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Justise Winslow is 24, PJ Tucker is 34. Winslow is a forward who can be a playmaker and get you 4-5 assists a game while being a decent defender and shooter. Those types of players are hard to come by and while his value is probably decreasing with every missed game this season, we’re not getting him for a 34 year old. Please. Miami isn’t going all in this season. They might need a PJ Tucker in a couple of years when they get a second star. But Winslow is one of their only remaining real positive assets that isn’t a rookie they won’t want to give up.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

He's also bound to be a bench player there, and will be a free agent in one and a half year so, if Miami wants to get something out of him, now might be the best moment to do it. But you're right, even though he didn't show much improvements so far, he's still 24 and an interesting player so, Tucker alone isn't going to get that done imo, picks would have to get involved too i guess.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'd take Winslow over Kuzma 10 times out of 10.

He's a perfect modern defensive 4 in the NBA and he loves Houston.

19. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Miami has him under contract until 2021 not 2020, although I agree they will probably move him at some point. I think they will targeting a high tier player because he is an intriguing asset. They could move him, Herro and a 1st in the summer and probably get someone really good

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Me too cause he's a better defender then Kuzma, this team needs more defense not less so, yeah.