1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/18/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Doesn't mean much being the third highest paid player on the team when 80M on 130 are on two players...the guy is getting 16M (which is btw the same money Gordon is also making) per season which isn't even half of a max contract, not sure what you expect him to do, he isn't a star and he isn't getting paid like one, complete scrubs are getting the same money or even more then him.

You literally posted he had 12 boards, 3 blocks, 3 assists...he's shooting 60% from the court in the season and missed like two shots more then usual against a top 2 team in the league...i mean, ok.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  2. Mr. Space City

Mike finally broke PJ.

We knew this day would eventually come, but here we are.

Then again what do you expect playing a 34 year old undersized SF at PF for 35+ minutes a game

MrSabotage, GotGame15 and ak99999 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

He played like it this game, how many doubles did Westbrook see?

4. ApuN

ApuN Member

AMEN!!

Change begins when the team gets this no coaching bozo the hell outtahere!!!

MrSabotage, GotGame15, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  5. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Smh

6. realonemo

realonemo Member

Always thought it would be best to put PJ in a 7th man bench role.

Landsdale likes this.
  7. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Lmaoo dude you’re in denial. We’re done talking. Enjoy your night.

8. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

I mean yeah. And he's not even a CF poster. The question is who would the new coach be.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The reason people are getting on Harden is because he's been getting these doubles for most of the year and he's never looked this bad facing them. He's not quick with his decisions, he's not aggresive enough with them, he's letting the other teams take him out of the game completely at times.

Russ, IMO was the best player for us tonight, no, his 2nd half wasn't as good as his first but we wouldn't even been in this game without him tonight. He didn't take any dumb shots, took every shot at the rim, brought his energy, it's just not enough.

Russ and Harden are not the issue on this team. The rest of the guys are, they are getting good shots, open lanes, and they just do nothing with them.

A big trade is needed, Ego or Capela, I don't know, but this team needs a major shakeup.

Rocks92 and ak99999 like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Your lack of rebuttal is all needed to see.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hate watching EG play...dude is too low IQ out there...it’s a shame he can’t be traded

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Refusing to discuss content of a post and just insult the poster happens a lot here huh?

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LeBron 31 pts - Harden 34 pts
    Kuzma 23 pts - Russ 35 pts
    Green 20 pts - Gordon 13 pts
    Pope 20 pts - House 10 pts
    McGee 9 pts - McLemore 9 pts
    ------------------------------------
    103 ---- 101

close i guess

Rocket River

BigShasta likes this.
  14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

2.5 weeks till trade deadline, I'm praying that I'm wrong about Tilman and we actually improve this team.

It already pissed me off this morning to see Kings got two 2nd round picks + Bazemore + Tolliver for the corpse of Ariza.

bmelo and BigShasta like this.
  15. SORF

SORF Member

The problem with doubling LeBron, the refs would call us for anything and everything to free up LeBron...Lebron is protected, refs won't let him be doubled like Harden.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  16. realonemo

realonemo Member

Facts. He has to stop thinking so much and just be aggressive when the double is coming. He did that a couple times tonite and beat double and created a look or drew a foul. This cerebral sh#t gotta go.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

I've discussed content with you plenty dude.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

What? That really happened? That sounds like an insane trade. Im fina google

RocketsFido likes this.
  19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Defence is all about attitude and resolution, it start from star players of a team.

20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I would rather we had done that. Simply because the Lakers are not a good 3pt shooting team.

We let Lebron do what he wanted to do in that whole 2nd half... and the Lakers smartly double teamed Harden because it was their best chance of winning. This is all on MDA.